PDA

View Full Version : Player Only License has been Deprecated

ddavison
October 28th, 2014, 20:52
We will continue to support the Player Only licenses. They can also be upgraded to Full licenses from your launch screen. Re-installs will continue to be supported using your license key. We will no longer be selling the Player license, though, because we believe it doesn't show off the best features of Fantasy Grounds. Our hope is that when all users can see the power of the GM features inside FG, that more and more of them will try their hand at running games as the GM.

-Doug

Valarian
October 29th, 2014, 10:00
Sounds like a good plan to me. Before, the player license was the entry level. At $24, you could justify giving FG a go as a player before upgrading to a GM license if needed. I think the $3.99 subscription is a great alternative as an entry level option. Try it for a few months as you play a game then renew or buy outright.

damned
October 29th, 2014, 10:34
At $4 I think you have removed the barrier to entry...

ddavison
October 29th, 2014, 14:23
Thanks guys. I certainly hope this allows more people to try it out and then continue a subscription or purchase. A $4 full trial month sounds like it should be cheap enough, but you never know. Some people will still complain if it isn't free.

Nylanfs
October 29th, 2014, 16:58
Hmm, maybe I should hand the remaining player key I've held onto since 2008(6?). What's the player to full upgrade price now?

ddavison
October 29th, 2014, 17:19
Hmm, maybe I should hand the remaining player key I've held onto since 2008(6?). What's the player to full upgrade price now?

$20 even. It is only accessible from the launch screen when you run a Lite license.

Nylanfs
October 29th, 2014, 22:49
Yea! Now to figure out who to give the lucky key key too.

Nylanfs
December 9th, 2014, 19:02
For anyone that happens to have player keys, I did exactly this. I gave my friend who was on the fence about getting FG the player key, and he upgraded to a full license. And now he's busy getting his entire campaign switched over so he can use FG as a GM aid at his table. :)