PDA

View Full Version : HP Remaining?

shemantis
October 24th, 2014, 00:31
I did a search but couldn't find a solid answer: Is there no way to auto-calculate a PC's remaining HP after each attack?
I don't want to have to subtract the "Wounds" number from the "HP" number mentally for each PC and NPC/monster.

I read that you could fix this by "re-implementing the minisheet," but I am new to FG and not sure what that means or how to do it.
I'm not opposed to manually doing something (one time) in order to "fix" this, but if the PC/NPC HP can't "count down," I probably won't be buying the program. I know it seems like a minor thing, but the combat track will be my MAIN use of the program, so it's really important to me that it's as perfect as can be for me!

Thank you!

damned
October 24th, 2014, 02:01
What ruleset are you playing?

shemantis
October 24th, 2014, 02:03
Ah, I apologize for not including that. I am using the D&D 5e ruleset included in the demo version.

damned
October 24th, 2014, 02:11
Im not aware of any ruleset that shows this. There is only so much room on every combat tracker and character sheet.

Check out the FG Wish List - https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ and see if its there and vote for it - if not add it.

shemantis
October 24th, 2014, 02:13
That's really too bad.
DO you have any idea what the suggestion "re-implement the minisheet" meant?

Griogre
October 24th, 2014, 02:23
5E doesn't have a mini-sheet like 4E or 3.X/Pathfinder. Mostly because as screens have gotten larger the mini-sheets have become unreadable in high resolutions. The 5E character sheet is smaller than the others as well.

Mini-sheets have become less needed due to automation as well.

shemantis
October 24th, 2014, 02:24
Okay, I can understand that. This just seems like such a.. "normal" way to do things, to count down the HP to 0. Anyway, I appreciate you looking into it and answering!

damned
October 24th, 2014, 03:30
Many rulsests have Mini sheets that contain the barest info from a particular tab.
The mini is separate from teh character sheet and can be kept open after the character sheet is closed.
This shot id from Castles&Crusades - it also does not have remaining HP.

shemantis
October 24th, 2014, 04:20
I see, and the 5e ruleset doesn't have those, so there's nothing that can be edited to make HP "count down."
It's not a total deal-breaker for me, just kinda bums me out, lol.

spoofer
October 24th, 2014, 07:21
There is a rough approximation of the information (i.e., HP remaining) that you are looking for provided in the form of a coloured dot next to the token, indicating HP remaining. As the percent HP remaining drops below certain key thresholds (e.g., 50%), the colour of the dot changes from green, to yellow, to red. I think there was a mod for 4e that let you define more precise levels. I think this is reflected on the combat tracker too, but I cannot recall off hand.

Griogre
October 24th, 2014, 08:24
There are extensions for 4E and 5E that show blue for unhurt, green for < 25% wounds, orange < 50% wounds, red < 75% wounds and black for < 100% wounds and grey for dying and dead. I made both extensions. :)

The thread for the 5E one is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21555-5E-Alternate-Wound-Colors-Extension