PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia kick starter Oct. 24th, 2014

gspat
October 22nd, 2014, 16:10
Let me start with a simple "HI"! This is my first post!

I've been playing P&P RPGs off and on for quite a few years... Ok.. More off than on.:cry:

My daughter loaded FG on my computer a while back and she and her friends play on it once a week. Well, it brought back a bit of nostalgia for me!

I noticed there is no PARANOIA available (well, there WAS one, but I think the wiki it was on was "unofficial", so therefore communist, and troubleshooters were sent in and destroyed the threat), so a few days ago I started making one based on the 25th Anniversary Edition. (It's no-where near ready!)

I just thought I'd bring news from the Mongoose Publishing Website that a new version of PARANOIA is being kickstarted on Friday, October 24th, 2014.

It seems they have updated everything, including adding terrorists!

From the Mongoose forums:

Here within the bowels of Alpha Complex, every loyal Troubleshooter is on alert.

This Friday (24th), at 9:30am GMT, the Kickstarter project for an entirely new rebooted Paranoia goes live.

Presented in a box set jam-packed full of goodies and penned by a crack team of World Famous Games Designers headed by James Wallis, the new Paranoia offers a thoroughly modern roleplaying experience;

* Streamlined, simple rules with new card play that allows maximum carnage while allowing you to concentrate on the action (and survival).
* A 21st Century approach to Alpha Complex - Commies are still present but terrorists are the greater threat, and the Computer's surveillance capabilities are truly awe-inspiring and extensive.
* The principle designer is James Wallis, the most celebrated designer of story-telling games (the Computer says so), assisted by original designers Eric Goldberg and Greg Costikyan, and Violet-level high Programmers-to-be, Grant Howitt and Paul Dean.

Stay tuned for links to the Kickstarter page as soon as it goes live Friday morning!

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/paranoia.html

Griogre
October 22nd, 2014, 19:31
I have fond memories of West End's Paranoia. It will be interesting to see what this version is like.

damned
October 23rd, 2014, 04:43
communists and terrorists are welcome here - who else can we use as target practice?
so do yourself a favour and make sure your new ruleset is a CoreRPG ruleset - it will save you oodles of coding and make it far easier to support...

Blacky
October 23rd, 2014, 07:51
Love Paranoia, but not sure about a 2010's reboot with current themes. Even its first edition was already retro, not sure it's a good idea to lose that…

I'll check the Kickstarter, but with caution…

damned
November 1st, 2014, 15:30
Ive just about finished a Paranoia theme...
Having never played the game - anyone available to give me a run don of the game, its core mechanics and what is needed for the Character Sheet?
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/paranoia.jpg

seycyrus
February 13th, 2015, 18:01
Ive just about finished a Paranoia theme...
Having never played the game - anyone available to give me a run don of the game, its core mechanics and what is needed for the Character Sheet?

Damned, Did you ever get any feedback on this?

damned
February 13th, 2015, 20:51
Not a lot but I did progress the ruleset further before putting it back in line:
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/paranoia-screenshot.jpg

Im *nearly* finsihed with Maesltrom and then I have a module conversion to complete and then Im going back to this... Maybe middle of the year - im not real good at this!

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/fg-con-6-150-13.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

lokisweapon
May 22nd, 2017, 20:38
@damned, did you ever end up completing this. I would love to run a campaign with my party, but I have no clue how to put something of this magnitude together on FG without help.

Thank you for all your work on this in general btw, it looks great.

seycyrus
May 23rd, 2017, 01:17
Not to speak for Damned, but I had been interacting with him regarding Paranoia. At this point, I think he had to start from scratch basically. I haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks, but then again Damned runs a few games in real life and has many other projects he is involved in.

lokisweapon
June 27th, 2017, 17:38
That's unfortunate, but I understand people get busy and especially if he's running several games on top of just doing life things. I was just curious. :) thanks

LordEntrails
June 27th, 2017, 19:01
Damned,
Might I be able to get the xml for the skills part of your character sheet? This looks great and is similar to what I want to do with my Star Frontiers character sheet. I'm sure your code is much cleaner and such than the ... clutter I've come up with so far.
Thanks in Advance.

dberkompas
February 3rd, 2018, 16:10
I started a ruleset extension for Mongoose Publishing - Paranoia.

It's nowhere near usable, as I've yet to figure out how dice mechanics work.

The only thing I've done is working on the character sheet.

I'm basing this off Dulux-Oz's recent DORCore release.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset

I'd love any help/advice/criticism, what would make this usable?

Are you able to create themes? It'd be nice if this actually looked like something that came from Paranoia.
(I did add a Paranoia decal)

Dave

damned
February 4th, 2018, 02:07
Damned,
Might I be able to get the xml for the skills part of your character sheet? This looks great and is similar to what I want to do with my Star Frontiers character sheet. I'm sure your code is much cleaner and such than the ... clutter I've come up with so far.
Thanks in Advance.

LordEntrails Im sorry - I was pretty absent for about 6 months there and have only just seen your post.
I have a substantial start to a MoreCore paranoia extension and would be happy to pass it on to you to continue.
I just have too many things on my plate.
Paranoia is something I have always wanted to build for FG but it always gets nudged aside.

Combat Rules are somewhat opaque to me - having never played the game - but Id be willing to build the rolls for it if you wanted to continue this extension?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22109

LordEntrails
February 4th, 2018, 04:45
LordEntrails Im sorry - I was pretty absent for about 6 months there and have only just seen your post.
I have a substantial start to a MoreCore paranoia extension and would be happy to pass it on to you to continue.
I just have too many things on my plate.
Paranoia is something I have always wanted to build for FG but it always gets nudged aside.

Combat Rules are somewhat opaque to me - having never played the game - but Id be willing to build the rolls for it if you wanted to continue this extension?
No problem. I'm not up for working on Paranoia. I was actually looking to build a sheet and theme for Star Frontiers, but not that I feel I couldn't have accomplished it, but it became more effort than I was willing to put into it given other priorities :)

Thanks, if I get back to it, I'll reach out to you for the Paranoia sheet.

zombielord
March 19th, 2019, 04:50
/root/computer/access/ancient_files
ls
sudo load /root/troubleshooter/interface

Do you still have the paranoia extension you were working on for morecore? I plan on running a game in 2 weeks for Paranoia XP and would appreciate being able to use what you've worked on as a starting point for my game.

damned
March 19th, 2019, 04:52
Do you still have the paranoia extension you were working on for morecore? I plan on running a game in 2 weeks for Paranoia XP and would appreciate being able to use what you've worked on as a starting point for my game.

Its not really compatible with the current build of MoreCore