PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in 'The Quest for Perfection' scenario series?

cmdisc
October 21st, 2014, 20:09
I was thinking of getting my hands on this 3-part series from Season 3 and running it over the course of as many months (maybe starting in Nov or Dec). I played through the entire thing during FG CON IV and had a good time with it. I'm not sure who else all had a chance to play/run it (although I see Hawkwind offered it about 2 years back), so I wanted to throw it out there and ask if there might be interest.

I don't know how easy or hard it would be to run with the same group of 6 from beginning to end, but I understand that some people's schedules may not work that smoothly. Plus I'm sure there are people out there who have already played 1 or 2 parts that might want to get in the sessions they missed in order to complete the set. In addition, I wanted to be conscious of different Time Zones, so wondered if scheduling early in the day or mid/late afternoon for North America might offer the best flexibility.

Feedback anyone?

Lord Kavos
October 21st, 2014, 22:52
That series ran at FG con IV, but I'm sure there are others who haven't played it

Myrddin
October 22nd, 2014, 00:03
Sure, I'd be interested depending on time slot. I can't usually make anything before 8pm UK.

Blackfoot
October 22nd, 2014, 05:11
I would be interested.. depending on the day and time.
I'm available on Tuesdays.. and some other times depending on the week. US Eastern daytime is currently good for me sometimes... 'some' weekends are good.

xazil
October 22nd, 2014, 06:21
I'll put my hand up as well to give it a shot if the times work out. :)

cmdisc
October 22nd, 2014, 06:42
That series ran at FG con IV, but I'm sure there are others who haven't played it

Yeah, I guess I'm still recovering from this past weekend as I played in that one during Con IV. So I should amend my OP to better point out IV along with Hawkwind's sessions. Still, plenty of room for interest as last time I checked there were more than 14 people active in FG PFS. :) And I know for a fact that d1wright played in Con IV also, but missed part III and would like a chance to finish that up.

Glad to see there is interest. Evening UK is certainly workable. Right now I'm aiming for the second half of Nov if my schedule behaves. Those last several days are Thanksgiving weekend in the US, which can either be good or bad depending on whether people are freed up or tied up during the holiday. Otherwise I'm probably looking at the first bit of Dec.

Malkavian_Andi
October 22nd, 2014, 11:18
I haven't played that one, either, and would love to join if the time works for me.
Weekday evenings can get difficult for me, depending on starting time (I work quite late at the moment, but fortunately not every day).

jshauber
October 22nd, 2014, 18:47
I was thinking of getting my hands on this 3-part series from Season 3 and running it over the course of as many months (maybe starting in Nov or Dec). I played through the entire thing during FG CON IV and had a good time with it. I'm not sure who else all had a chance to play/run it (although I see Hawkwind offered it about 2 years back), so I wanted to throw it out there and ask if there might be interest.

I don't know how easy or hard it would be to run with the same group of 6 from beginning to end, but I understand that some people's schedules may not work that smoothly. Plus I'm sure there are people out there who have already played 1 or 2 parts that might want to get in the sessions they missed in order to complete the set. In addition, I wanted to be conscious of different Time Zones, so wondered if scheduling early in the day or mid/late afternoon for North America might offer the best flexibility.

Feedback anyone?

I ran that at FG CON IV...If you get the PDFs I can send you the modules I have created to save you a lot of time putting them together.

cmdisc
October 22nd, 2014, 22:00
Jim, that would be great! Yes, I can send you a page from each of the Scenarios with the purchase stamps showing ownership or however you want to work that out. Let me know.

jshauber
October 23rd, 2014, 21:58
Jim, that would be great! Yes, I can send you a page from each of the Scenarios with the purchase stamps showing ownership or however you want to work that out. Let me know.

I am sure that would cover us based on the requirements for the Sharing PFS sticky we need to adhere to.

cmdisc
October 23rd, 2014, 22:11
Ok. Emailed the inside cover pages from each one to you, Jim. The watermarks give the relevant information there. And if need be, I can post them here as those pages don't give any spoilers.

Carog the Fat
October 24th, 2014, 23:45
sure depending on time .

cmdisc
October 27th, 2014, 22:36
Thanks for the files, Jim. It will cut down on the prep time significantly. :)

Lord Kavos
October 28th, 2014, 00:59
Looking through my chronicles & it looks like I haven't played this series...thought I had (but was wrong)

hawkwind
October 28th, 2014, 09:32
great series to play in if you have a monk character, I ran all three a while back, great adventures

cmdisc
October 28th, 2014, 13:43
great series to play in if you have a monk character, I ran all three a while back, great adventures

Shush now. No spoilers! :) (Actually, my intent is to give these GM credits to a Zen Archer that I'm building...)

My schedule is a little busy for the next while, but based on the responses, I'm initially looking at something that takes place in the afternoon USA time. This would hit night in Europe and early morning in Australia, so is the most accommodating schedule I can think of. Fri/Sat/Sun would be best for me regarding this time, although I know some people might be busy on weekends. Right now I'm eyeing the weekend of either the 21st or 28th of Nov. Will know more as we get closer though.

Edit: Another option is morning time USA, but that removes the 21st from my available days.

kwarner1986
October 28th, 2014, 14:53
I would be interesting in playing depending on the time as well.

Farnaby
October 28th, 2014, 18:02
I'm also interested in playing, but I only have 2 lvl 2 characters at the moment, so if it's going to be higher level then I have to pass.

Carog the Fat
October 28th, 2014, 21:05
yes i would be interested in this too if there is space

Blackfoot
October 28th, 2014, 22:33
My schedule is a little busy for the next while, but based on the responses, I'm initially looking at something that takes place in the afternoon USA time. This would hit night in Europe and early morning in Australia, so is the most accommodating schedule I can think of. Fri/Sat/Sun would be best for me regarding this time, although I know some people might be busy on weekends. Right now I'm eyeing the weekend of either the 21st or 28th of Nov. Will know more as we get closer though.

Edit: Another option is morning time USA, but that removes the 21st from my available days.The Fridays would work the best for me... either in the morning or the afternoon would work just fine. I can't really predict the weekend days at this point.

Malkavian_Andi
October 29th, 2014, 00:22
Europe night times work well for me, because I'm often very busy during the day. Weekends are especially good when nobody expects me to get up early the next day.

cmdisc
October 29th, 2014, 08:49
So afternoons (US time) on the 21st or 28th are ideal for many by the sounds of things. Good to know and will keep it in mind as we get closer to that.

xazil
October 29th, 2014, 09:59
Both should be pretty good for me too.

Malkavian_Andi
October 29th, 2014, 11:56
on Fridays, I won't be able to be online before around 10 pm GMT (11 pm local time in Germany), just so you have some actual availability times from me ;)

kwarner1986
October 29th, 2014, 13:41
21st will work. The 28th should be fine. I'll have to get back to you on that. I never know what Day after Thanksgiving things are going on. If I can get out of shopping that day, I will surely be on. I hate black friday.