PDA

View Full Version : My Highlights of PFS @ FGCON V (no spoilers)

Lord Kavos
October 21st, 2014, 14:45
A great con and a great time...

Thought i's share some spoiler free moments that stood out for me...

GMing
1. Miss Feathers. Hands down my best setup for a while, player was gobsmacked & still wasnt sure for a few moments afterwards...

2. Tier 1-2 group sets of a series of events that ends up triggering 3 rooms at once...and defeats all (not without some tight moments)

3. Describing Kaer Maga. Found some great flavour, slang & the like to flesh out the city - putting those pesky 1st lvl PCs on their best behaviour for the most part :)

Playing
1. Julius' (arcane trickster) scouting. Invisible and 60' ahead of the party, he sneaks past monsters that can actually see him. Rather than having them attack right away, the DM waits for Julius to isolate himself further before attacking - and they were immune to electricity too! Bad news for an elemental (air) bloodline sorceror...

2. Ulfgar's headbutt. I really wanted to use his new rage power for the first time - Intimidating Glare (move action). Bad guy was adjacent, Ulfgar using a reach weapon, and no room to 5' step back. So it was draw greataxe and attack with it (which meant no intimidating glare), or glare and make an unarmed attack (provoking). I chose the latter, headbutting for a critical hit, knocking out the bad guy in the process! A great moment in play, laughter all round. I think Trenloe took a screenshot too!

Anyway, feel free to tell us yours...just keep the spoilers away please.

cmdisc
October 21st, 2014, 17:00
Had a great time too. Although there was this one situation regarding a very attractive, highly sought after female NPC that Logus was able to secure an audience with. The image the GM sent out to the group was a bit fuzzy thought (plus I think it must have been the wrong one). Simple mistake I'm sure. Wish I could remember the GM's name...

<shrug>

Trenloe
October 21st, 2014, 17:12
2. Ulfgar's headbutt. I really wanted to use his new rage power for the first time - Intimidating Glare (move action). Bad guy was adjacent, Ulfgar using a reach weapon, and no room to 5' step back. So it was draw greataxe and attack with it (which meant no intimidating glare), or glare and make an unarmed attack (provoking). I chose the latter, headbutting for a critical hit, knocking out the bad guy in the process! A great moment in play, laughter all round. I think Trenloe took a screenshot too!
Indeed I did:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/FG%20Con%20V/Head%20Butt.jpg