PDA

View Full Version : BAR: preparing Charakter sheet / combat tracker

plastictotoro
October 21st, 2014, 06:24
Hello,
I am not sure how to prepare the character sheet for the BAR (Base attack roll), either the combat tracker.
The description in the manuel is in this point unclear, the way how to resolve the roll is descripted.

Thank you for your Support
:-) plastictotoro

Tiqon
October 21st, 2014, 08:18
The way I do it is:

Open the character sheet.
Go to Combat panel.
open spell law in your library
open the menu Spell attacks
drag the Base attack Spell to the character sheet
Edit the bonus for the attack
Make sure the "use" column is checked.
The attack will now show on the combat tracker when you add the character to the combat tracker.

Se attached picture

Dakadin
October 21st, 2014, 08:19
In the Spell Law Library (make sure you activate the module), there is a Spell Attacks link. The first time you open it if it shows up blank then close it and reopen it. One of the options is Base Attack Spell. Drag that to the Weapons section of the Combat tab on the character sheet. Then change the OB to match the character level. Drag the character to the combat tracker and you should be able to target someone and use the Base Attack Spell to attack them. It will show the table in the table resolver.

Dragging the results on the attack to the Modifier window will add it as a modifier so you can roll the RR. Right clicking the result will open the RR table. That attacker level is the columns at the top. The defender level is the rows on the left. It is just to show you the result you need to roll. It won't work like other tables where you drag the result to the Table Resolver to determine success. Compare the modified value to the table result just like you would if you were looking at it the old fashioned way. It should auto select the attacker and defender levels though.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT: Tiqon beat me to it by 1 minute. :D

Tiqon
October 21st, 2014, 08:25
EDIT: Tiqon beat me to it by 1 minute. :D

YES! MUHAHAHAHA! TOTALLY NINJA!!!!! MADE MY DAY! GO TIQON, GO TIQON, GO TIQON!

"oh hi boss, yes I was just helping on th.... yes work... I know... will do... yes no forum surfing, got it..... right.... got it....."

*goes for coffee as a celebration for beating Dakadin*

plastictotoro
October 21st, 2014, 21:44
:) Thanks :) :D:)
wow, that is easy
may be simple for me .... ;)

Thank you for support

Tiqon
October 21st, 2014, 21:46
Fire away plastictotoro with all the questions you got ;) (regarding RM and FG mind you :D).

Dakadin
October 21st, 2014, 23:32
One other thing to be aware of is you can always drag any table to the Table Resolver. Click the column you want and drag a roll to it and it will look it up for you.

Dakadin
October 21st, 2014, 23:32
YES! MUHAHAHAHA! TOTALLY NINJA!!!!! MADE MY DAY! GO TIQON, GO TIQON, GO TIQON!

"oh hi boss, yes I was just helping on th.... yes work... I know... will do... yes no forum surfing, got it..... right.... got it....."

*goes for coffee as a celebration for beating Dakadin*

LOL. Enjoy it. You've definitely earned it. :)

Tiqon
October 22nd, 2014, 06:03
One other thing to be aware of is you can always drag any table to the Table Resolver. Click the column you want and drag a roll to it and it will look it up for you.

Yeah? Oh I did not know that actually.... My brain will very soon melt by overload of all the info! Thanks for that trick :).