PDA

View Full Version : Map synchronisation broken

NoxMortem
October 19th, 2014, 23:02
Last week i synced several images and today i was not able to sync any but one image anymore. All images looked like there is fog of war. Tokens were displayed but they are rather useless without any map underlying them. This would make me very very sad :(

Trenloe
October 19th, 2014, 23:05
I take it you're the GM? I'm not sure what you mean by not able to sync. Could you describe the process you're following?

What ruleset are you using? What version of the ruleset are you using (the version will be reported in the chat window when you first load your campaign). Are you running any extensions?

NoxMortem
October 20th, 2014, 14:52
I am running the GM version of FG2 with the Shadowrun 4 ruleset available in the wiki. It always worked, but yesterday i was not able to show images to players. The image "Loading image" showed, tokens wer visible but the image itself was simply missing. Only 1 image was working and all other images i had used in the weeks before had the exact same problem.

ddavison
October 20th, 2014, 15:53
Can you upload a screenshot of what you see for those images and the image & maps screen as well?

You can try enabling and then deleting the Mask again through the right-click menu. You can also try clicking on the shared map icon on the image & maps listing to clear it from the players and then re-share it. If necessary, I can try connecting with you and assisting via Google hangouts this week. Send an email to [email protected] with the connection info.

Trenloe
October 20th, 2014, 17:44
Might also be worth asking one of the players to clear their cache and see if it works OK for them.

NoxMortem
October 22nd, 2014, 19:05
I tried the resharing. How do players clear the cache? I would like to try that myself before needing support :)

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2014, 19:14
I tried the resharing. How do players clear the cache? I would like to try that myself before needing support :)
On the "Join Game" screen click the "nuclear" icon to the right of the "Host Address" header.

ddavison
October 22nd, 2014, 19:36
Any luck on getting the screenshots I requested?

NoxMortem
November 13th, 2014, 22:19
Oh sorry, we just had 2 evenings without FG2 lately but i did not forget the thread! As most of you know the times between pen and paper evenings can be quite long so i did not invest much time into investigation. But very kind you asked. On sunday we play again and i hope i dont forget to check everything posted here!

damned
November 13th, 2014, 23:44
Also - along with clearing the cache - are you as GM using a Wireless connection? Do you have an option to be wired instead?
When on your wireless start a static ping to your Router IP Address and another one to Google in another window. The commands will look something like this (using an example router IP of 10.0.0.1):

ping 10.0.0.1 -t
ping 8.8.8.8 -t

If you are getting significant dropouts - particularly on the first command - you will have issues with data integrity and these can show up with map synching errors.

kane280484
November 14th, 2014, 00:47
Excuse me, can anyone enlighten me what exactly this function (map synchronisation) does? Saw it in FG but never used. Google and forum search left me clueless. Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks for the reply, @damned!

damned
November 14th, 2014, 01:12
@Kane280484
Sometimes - particularly on a larger map or a dungeon style map you might want the players to focus on the bit of the map you are looking at.
Click the Sync icon and it zooms, pans, focuses the players map to the exact view you have - of course it will still be masked for players if you have a mask on, it wont show your EXACT view!