PDA

View Full Version : Network Issues Ongoing

ddavison
October 17th, 2014, 21:22
We are working on fixing these, but connections to our server are resetting periodically. This is making it next to impossible to run an Update through our patch system, install fresh, or successfully navigate around the forums and the site without having to constantly reload.

We will post back once we find out more and we have a timeline for getting this fix addressed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

-Doug

ddavison
October 18th, 2014, 04:27
It seems to be better now. Please let us know if you continue to see issues.

There may still be a few minor outages as we perform additional maintenance. These should be brief.

Myrddin
October 19th, 2014, 20:42
I am having problems getting my FG Con game started. Players are experiencing really slow connection time. 4 connected, 2 still trying since 8pm. Any tips?

damned
October 19th, 2014, 22:31
You hosting or connecting?
Neither the FantasyGrounds.com or fg-con.com sites have anything to do with the actual ongoing connection other than:
a. if the GM is using an Ultimate license (incluing temp ones) validating the license when a demo user logs in
b. resolving the alias if that is being used

The ongoing connection is then entirely on the GMs side.
If the GMs speed is limited or his link or wifi is dropping packets it will cause issues for everyone
If the GMs firewall isnt allowing connections in then no one can connect

Jacklifear
October 20th, 2014, 04:04
Hello, I have a few members of my group/show that are not able to redownload fantasy grounds tonight. When attempting to patch it, they are getting the following error at various different points:

ProcessProductXML: PRODUCT LISTING: Empty network buffer

Bidmaron
October 20th, 2014, 04:37
I frequently get server errors when trying to read the forums (lack of server response), and sometimes, I get the page, but it is missing images all over the place (with the question marks in their place). Something is definitely wrong with your server. I have no issues on any other site (including lone wolf, who uses the same vbulletin)

ddavison
October 20th, 2014, 04:40
Something is definitely wrong. My linux guru wasn't able to identify and fix the issue earlier this weekend and I've only been able to muddle through so far. The problem seemed to clear up some on Friday evening and has returned again tonight. Hopefully we will identify and fix the root cause shortly. This is killing the experience for a lot of new (and existing) users.

damned
October 20th, 2014, 05:37
ive just had several page could not be founds and then the page loads...

ddavison
October 20th, 2014, 06:05
This issue seems to be related to a previously reported issue for 1&1 server networks and appears to be external to our server at this point. They've added our server's account to the existing tickets from other clients and will update us when they have a solution and ETA.

ddavison
October 21st, 2014, 15:12
I guess I never replied back. The problem has been addressed with a temporary fix. I still have not received the support team's response on the root cause.

spoofer
October 27th, 2014, 22:54
I see that these issues are still ongoing. The website has been down several times over the last few days. Not accessing the website is fine, but I us it to capture my external I.P. address. So being an internet noob, what do I do when I attempt to run my FG game and the site is down? Can I use a website like whatismyipaddress.com to determine my public i.p. address, and share that with the players? (I have a dynamic internet connection with portforwarding set up, thanks to one of the community members.)

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin

Phystus
October 27th, 2014, 23:31
Kevin,

Yes, you can use any site like that to determine your external IP address and send it out.

~P

spoofer
October 28th, 2014, 01:27
Thanks, I will do that.

K.

Trenloe
October 28th, 2014, 14:38
Or, before you start your game, on the "Load Campaign" screen click the "Click to retrieve" section of the "External" address information and FG should tell you your external address.

spoofer
October 28th, 2014, 15:46
Or, before you start your game, on the "Load Campaign" screen click the "Click to retrieve" section of the "External" address information and FG should tell you your external address.

Except, of course, when the website is down (see my earlier post). Then it just says "Error" in red font. :(

Griogre
October 28th, 2014, 17:27
I use WhatsMyIP.org cause it's less typing. :) Plus I prefer org over com in this case. I'll admit I prefer my regular groups to be not dependant on Smitework's server.