PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Usage

ddavison
October 14th, 2014, 16:02
I posted this on G+ and Facebook yesterday and today, at the request of several bloggers and media folks. I'm sure it could spark some interesting discussion and debate. These stats don't rate the quality of any given game system, only the amount they are being played. There are games for over 726 individual rulesets recorded for 2014, so there are a lot of games being serviced by these other systems in an unofficial capacity. To me, that's great to see. I'm also happy to see Savage Worlds doing so well, since we have a lot of support from Pinnacle and Triple Ace Games in this space.

Anyway, on to the links:

Overall 2014 Q1-Q3 Ruleset Usage
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/RulesetUsage.htm

Trending of the Top 5 Rulesets throughout 2014
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/Top5RulesetUsage2014.htm

VenomousFiligree
October 14th, 2014, 17:33
Would've liked to have seen CoreRPG in the second one. Is it showing a steady increase?

darrenan
October 14th, 2014, 23:03
What exactly are these stats measuring? When I fire up FG and work on my campaign, or a module campaign and no other players connect, is that counted? Just curious.

ddavison
October 14th, 2014, 23:22
It aggregates calls to the alias server. It won't track any games run over static IP or run off-line, but it will pick up launches of a campaign even if a player does not connect. It's hard to say how those things balance each other out, but the percentages across rulesets should be equivalent with respect to those issues.

Ikael
October 15th, 2014, 18:35
It aggregates calls to the alias server. It won't track any games run over static IP or run off-line, but it will pick up launches of a campaign even if a player does not connect. It's hard to say how those things balance each other out, but the percentages across rulesets should be equivalent with respect to those issues.

Does use of /reload affect these measures? If so I personally have probably caused 10% of SW usage, lol

Moon Wizard
October 15th, 2014, 19:02
No, reload doesn't affect the numbers, only the GM launch of a campaign.

JPG

CrimsonCrust
October 21st, 2014, 12:46
5E is moving on up. I read about it online and have looked at the players handbook. I like the grandness of Pathfinder though and don't see myself switching over at least anytime soon. Does anyone else have any definitive reasons that 5e is/could be better than Pathfinder?

Trenloe
October 21st, 2014, 13:12
Does anyone else have any definitive reasons that 5e is/could be better than Pathfinder?
I think you need to ask that question in a separate thread...