PDA

View Full Version : Cyrillic support

DMRem
October 13th, 2014, 18:06
Hi there. Really like your app.

But I wonder if it's possible to include Cyrillic fonts support for it. I bought Full License couple of years ago, but haven't used it in actual play, just because application doesn't support Russian font at all, which is quite surprising to see in 2014. :) Of course this issue really stops me from upgrading to Ultimate and use it for all my games.

Is there a hope for this being implemented?

Thanks.

ddavison
October 13th, 2014, 19:07
This issue is one that we are looking to address in our port over to Unity that is currently underway.

Blacky
October 23rd, 2014, 08:04
Until FGNext/Unity: since FG now support TTF font, you might look into a child ruleset or an extension that modify the font used by your ruleset. Just switch the fonts that cause issues with a similar (in size and such) font with wider glyph support, and test it. It may not work, but it very well could (up to a point, alphabet sorting would probably be off).

DMRem
November 24th, 2014, 20:02
Thanks for your responses. Today decided to give it a chance and I'm satisfied with the result. I generated all regular fonts as Arial. Unfortunately there is not AlegreyaSansSC-Bold and MarcellusSC-Regular fonts with Cyrillic support, so I generated new font from Bravo font to replace Marcellus, and left Alegreya as it is. Looks pretty good. Gonna give it a spin with my players next week, we'll see how it goes. :)

damned
November 24th, 2014, 23:47
Good work - and Welcome DMRem.