PDA

View Full Version : #zl; tag for PAR5E (5E)

El Condoro
October 11th, 2014, 06:59
Can someone confirm that they are able to get the #zl; tags to work as intended, please?

For the code below:
the Sailor background works perfectly - links to the correct page.
the Grappler feat does not even show up in the list on the page
the Wizard class opens a blank page
the Crystal opens a new (empty) item page ready for input
the Magic Missile spell does not even appear in the list.

As far as I can tell, the code is correct. All the pages that are supposed to link do exist *in the same module*.

Anyone got any tips?

#zls;
#zl;background;Sailor
#zl;feat;Grappler
#zl;class;Wizard
#zl;item;Crystal
#zl;spell;Magic Missile
#zle;

yondar
October 11th, 2014, 09:59
They need to have a semi-colon on the end, should then work.

El Condoro
October 11th, 2014, 10:46
If only it were that simple. Sailor worked without the semi-colon.
I tested the spell with a semi-colon at the end and no go.

tiilikainen
October 12th, 2014, 00:40
Wish I could help, but thanks for starting the thread at least. I'm having the same issue (as you saw on the other thread, @El Condoro).

wgdevanna
October 12th, 2014, 18:06
I just setup links to the classes/races/backgrounds in my Reference Manual. The all are working as expected. I wonder if you have any trailing spaces in your definitions. It's the only thing I could think of that may be causing them to parse but not link.
If I get a chance to try I'll let you know.

spoofer
October 13th, 2014, 02:47
I have also been struggling with links. I noticed that in the user guide, under the listing for Reference Manual, it explicitly states:

Dependencies: Only linked objects

Other components do not have a dependencies listing. Perhaps links are only parsed for certain components. For example, the entry for Skills does not list dependencies, but the entry for Story does. Where exactly did you try to put the links?

I tested the above code in the referencemanual.txt section of my PHB mod (which contains all of the objects), and I found that the first three links worked as expected, but the spell link did not show up. I cannot seem to get spell links to work. I see others reporting the same.

Zeus
October 14th, 2014, 21:02
Hello all, just a note to say I am not ignoring the pleas for help. I've just been really really busy trying to get 5E/modules out the door and more recently Fantasy Grounds on Unity. I'm planning to switch dev tracks back to 5E/PAR5E/5E modules later this week.

One comment, the zl tag at the moment only supports linking to objects within the same module. It sounds like the last update may have broken zl linking or some data types. I'll add to the list of things to do and will try and get an update out for this weekend.

Z.

El Condoro
October 15th, 2014, 12:48
That would be great. Thanks for your time and effort. Cheers

jajen2003
September 15th, 2015, 20:14
Any news on this issue?

I'm running PAR5E v0.0.9-b62

My #zl; links aren't working either

#zls;
#zl;feat;Svirfneblin Magic;
#zle;

The feat exists in the feats.txt in the same module, but when I parse and open in FG, there is no link.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake(DM)

More information on this issue is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26042-Having-Trouble-with-zl-Links Please use that thread for further discussion.

jajen2003
September 15th, 2015, 21:01
New thread made, with a link back to this post.

Thanks Trenloe for helping me understand how these forums work. :D

Trenloe
September 15th, 2015, 21:02
New thread made, with a link back to this post.
I was just moving them over to a new thread and then was going to post a link here. Thanks for listening and adapting. :)