PDA

View Full Version : can't paste with ctrl+v

Noelle
October 10th, 2014, 04:26
Yesterday I was able to copy and paste but now I can't anymore can anyone help me

rbeard101
October 10th, 2014, 04:41
Are you by chance running Webroot SecureAnywhere for a Virus Scanner? I had the same problem. You need to open Webroot and click on the gear next to "Identity Protection." Go to the "Application Protection" tab and add Fantasy grounds ii to the application list and give it the "Allow" privilege.

Valarian
October 10th, 2014, 06:34
Yes, Webroot is very enthusiastic about the protection. Add the application to the list with Allow and you should be fine. The bad news is that you will have to reset the allow setting each time you update.

damned
October 10th, 2014, 07:43
Yesterday I was able to copy and paste but now I can't anymore can anyone help me

So Noelle - how would you rate the value for money of your purchase back in 2006?
:)

Indarien
October 10th, 2014, 14:43
Yes, Webroot is very enthusiastic about the protection. Add the application to the list with Allow and you should be fine. The bad news is that you will have to reset the allow setting each time you update.

I have not run into that "bad news" yet, once I manually fixed the Identity Protection settings. Of course, my problem started when I somehow manually disabled Fantasy Grounds with Webroot and had to clear that mess up. Although when it comes to gaming Webroot usually shoots me in the foot a lot less often than other AV vendors out there.

damned
October 10th, 2014, 14:44
Webroot is an excellent AV. But it can interfere sometimes but its easy enough to modify that behaviour.

bnickelsen
July 13th, 2015, 20:22
DUH!, I have been sitting here since day one cursing FG because "It" would not copy paste. Happened across this and and less then a minute later I am all happy Happy Joy Joy.

ddavison
July 13th, 2015, 20:24
There are so many variables, it is hard to narrow it down. We will keep this in mind in case someone else has the same problem.

bnickelsen
July 13th, 2015, 20:27
There are so many variables, it is hard to narrow it down. We will keep this in mind in case someone else has the same problem.

I should have assumed something was wrong and came and looked it up.