PDA

View Full Version : So how does one MANUALLY put in races

Manchine
October 9th, 2014, 18:04
After what happened with the Par5e last time. I decided not to do that again. How does one make races permanently in Fantasy Grounds.

Manchine
October 9th, 2014, 19:22
I have just manually put in all the weapons and armor. WEEEEE! =)

El Condoro
October 9th, 2014, 20:40
After what happened with the Par5e last time. I decided not to do that again. How does one make races permanently in Fantasy Grounds.

PAR5E is completely fine and safe to use when the instructions are followed. If you make sure your paths are set, you will not have the problems you experienced (there will be plenty of other ones that can be overcome, though). Adding things manually will send you insane! :) As for races, classes and anything that is used for reference, PAR5E and Valeros' parser are the ways to go - I'm not sure there even is a manual alternative.

Manchine
October 9th, 2014, 21:15
PAR5E is completely fine and safe to use when the instructions are followed. If you make sure your paths are set, you will not have the problems you experienced (there will be plenty of other ones that can be overcome, though). Adding things manually will send you insane! :) As for races, classes and anything that is used for reference, PAR5E and Valeros' parser are the ways to go - I'm not sure there even is a manual alternative.

Well I'm sorry I use my computer for more then recreation. You can argue up and down I am not willing to go that route. I am not taking that chance again.

El Condoro
October 9th, 2014, 21:30
I guess you could create a module using the Story entries as a kind of reference set. So a story entry for Fighter with all the flavour text and links and tables etc then export it and use in other modules. That could work, but it would be a lot of work...

Manchine
October 9th, 2014, 21:33
Thanks, yeah I know it would be a lot of work. I just put all the weapons and armor in. LOL I will give it some thought. Thanks.

spoofer
October 10th, 2014, 05:54
I feel your pain. I trashed my computer twice with PAR5E, but I now have a complete PHB, and am working hard on the MM. You could probably get an old laptop that someone is throwing away and play around on that. Once you get over that hurdle, it really is nothing but awesomeness. :)

Emerald_wind
October 10th, 2014, 14:03
I have done the entire PHB using Par5e, and while I had some frustrating moments locating errors, some very tiny and nearly impossible to find, once I got the hang of it, it was actually quite easy to get things done.

I am taking a break before I take on the monster manual, but it's next on my list and I will do it with Par5e, because it really does work and cuts SO much time.