PDA

View Full Version : Players cannot connect - unable to download rule set - even using core rpg

Lonewolf
October 9th, 2014, 03:23
Help !

I cannot get a player using a demo version of Fantasy Grounds to connect to an Ulimate Licence. Error message keeps saying that ruleset cannot down load.

Even if the ruleset in the game is one that comes with FG like core rpg

Trenloe
October 9th, 2014, 03:30
Sounds like the player had installed to a non-standard directory and the application can't write it's data.

Ask the player to exit FG, restart it by right-clicking on the Fantasy Grounds shortcut and selecting "Run as Administrator". This should allow FG to download, and store, the data it needs.

Lonewolf
October 9th, 2014, 04:44
Sounds like the player had installed to a non-standard directory and the application can't write it's data.

Ask the player to exit FG, restart it by right-clicking on the Fantasy Grounds shortcut and selecting "Run as Administrator". This should allow FG to download, and store, the data it needs.

I agree with your solution but it did not work at first. It did however put me on the right track.

I got the player to reinstall the same way. As an administrator. That worked. I guess the data directory was not created at installation. So it did work when he tryed to connect. There was no place for the download data to go.

Thanks Trenloe!

Trenloe
October 9th, 2014, 04:52
I agree with your solution but it did not work at first. It did however put me on the right track.

I got the player to reinstall the same way. As an administrator. That worked. I guess the data directory was not created at installation. So it did work when he tryed to connect. There was no place for the download data to go.

Thanks Trenloe!
No worries. Glad you got it working. :)