PDA

View Full Version : Maps question

ransolot
October 7th, 2014, 02:04
So, I noticed something a while ago but it's just now dawning on me. I noticed that on some of my maps in the images section, it has a "P" symbol next to the maps I have shared with players. So, my question is this- Once I share a map with the players, does it download my maps to their hard drive? I ask because I am about to start a game that has some large map files and it would be awesome to know that we only have to deal with each maps loading time once.

Thank you everyone!

Nylanfs
October 7th, 2014, 02:14
Once it is shared unless the image file changes it won't be sent again AFAIK.

Trenloe
October 7th, 2014, 02:42
If there is a (p) after an image then it has been shared with the players, if there is a (s) then it has been shared with specific players, but not all. Some info on these icons here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Campaign_Data#Campaign_Data_List

If the image has been shared with the players then it will have been downloaded and stored in their local, encrypted player cache (the campaign.dat file). Thus it won't be downloaded again unless the image details change, as Nylanfs mentions above. If the player deletes their cache then it will have to be downloaded again for that specific player.

Shared images will show up in the players Images & Maps list and they can access this at any time. If you wish to stop players accessing images you've shared (or other campaign entries) click on the (p) or (s) icon to remove it and that image will no longer be accessible to the players until you share it again.