PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Map pins visible to players?

kane280484
October 6th, 2014, 20:23
Hi,

Is it possible to make map pins visible to players? So they can click and view the info?

Trenloe
October 6th, 2014, 20:43
Nope, pins are for the GM only.

A basic way to show short info to the players is to add tokens to the map (make them visible) and drag some text onto the token so that the text appears when a player hovers their mouse pointer over the token.

Tiqon
October 7th, 2014, 08:34

A basic way to show short info to the players is to add tokens to the map (make them visible) and drag some text onto the token so that the text appears when a player hovers their mouse pointer over the token.

*Faints after reading such a brilliant idea!*
* wakes and boots FG up... lets get to work*

Zeus
October 7th, 2014, 08:49
Another way of doing this is to use DuluxOz's Location extension. I believe you can create a location, add notes/data and assign a token, then drag the token to the map so that players can access.

Tiqon
October 7th, 2014, 08:52
Another way of doing this is to use DuluxOz's Location extension. I believe you can create a location, add notes/data and assign a token, then drag the token to the map so that players can access.

Ahh. Interesting... Now I will have to pester Dakadin to make RM build on CoreRpg....

kane280484
October 8th, 2014, 22:39

A basic way to show short info to the players is to add tokens to the map (make them visible) and drag some text onto the token so that the text appears when a player hovers their mouse pointer over the token.Excelent workaround, thank you!

PTBBC.ORG
April 24th, 2016, 22:03
Ok, I just found this because I had an issue with this last night. I had 2 players that could see the pins and 2 that could not. I obviously didn't want them to see the pins, so not sure how that happened. I have looked all over for an option that might have been turned on, but can not find one. Any suggestions?

Mortar
April 24th, 2016, 22:11
On the map that has the pins, right click on any green pin - click make pin not shareable.

I just discovered this myself in Dulux-Oz's last video video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neJYS3bV8EU

PTBBC.ORG
April 24th, 2016, 22:18
Thanks for the quick response, and that would work if they had been green, but they were seeing the red pins and the description.

Mortar
April 24th, 2016, 22:30
I have never used the pins myself yet, so I am not sure what happened there. Try unsharing, then resharing the map might solve it.

Zacchaeus
April 24th, 2016, 22:30
Was this from an old campaign? What ruleset? Do you use any kind of cloud storage? Were there any other issues?

Patou
April 25th, 2016, 15:29

I love that! I just pictured tons of uses for this! Yeah baby!!! :)

LanderStormwind
May 29th, 2020, 03:26

***** I'll say as a player, it would be really nice if each player could drop their own pins on the map. I've been making our own notes of different rooms and my GM/DM has been placing them for me. It really helps for those who get easily confused. Helps give directions, - meet me in the "Garden Room" or the "Torch Room".

I guess I don't see why this is or would be locked down. Yes - I don't want to see the GM/DM pins unless they want me to see them - but would be nice to place my own.

Zacchaeus
May 29th, 2020, 09:31
Hi Lander, welcome to FG.

You may get some mileage out of this extension if you take a lot of notes https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension

(Note your DM will need to install it).

Springroll
May 29th, 2020, 18:52
I usually create a new pin and click share (so that it turns green), then the players can click it and get whatever information I want to give them, tables, pictures, descriptive text, more links... the options are endless :)
And if you as a player create a note you can ask the DM to place it as a pin on the map... I use it all the time

LordEntrails
May 29th, 2020, 20:07
Welcome LanderStormwind!

You can always vote and add your suggestions to the Wish List (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/). It's the best place to let the community vote on ideas and for the Devs to track the ideas.