PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Licence Upgrade Problem via Steam

noelyuk
October 6th, 2014, 13:33
Okay so I recently upgraded my Fantasy Grounds License from Full to Ultimate. But it doesn't seem to have upgraded despite me following the instructions sent to me from fantasy grounds in my email.

My full licence was a steam version and i've now noticed belatedly that there's a place to upgrade via Steam rather than the website. So my question is how can I fix it so that Steam knows that i've upgraded.

Any ideas?

Trenloe
October 6th, 2014, 15:13
When you first start Fantasy Grounds do you see the version number in the top right hand corner of the start up screen as 3.0.8 or as 3.0.8 Ultimate? If just 3.0.8 did you replace your full license key in the settings window with your ultimate key that would have been emailed to you?

Steam launches the same Fantasy Grounds installation on your computer. So you just need to make sure that the FG installation is showing that it is the Ultimate version and that will be the version launched from Steam.

noelyuk
October 6th, 2014, 15:20
Thanks Trenloe. It's working now. I think i entered the licence key in the PLAYER TO FULL window rather than overwriting the old one.

Thanks again

Noely

StarDebut
December 28th, 2017, 12:03
I actually cannot tell if my ultimate upgrade has been applied. What is the best process to check on the FG software?

Nylanfs
December 28th, 2017, 12:09
It says Ultimate on the loading screen, upper right.

StarDebut
December 28th, 2017, 17:02
It says Ultimate on the loading screen, upper right.

Thanks. I that case. Its upgraded ;)

JustAnother
April 21st, 2018, 07:42
Every time I start FG steam asks me to chose standard or ultimate licence.
Is there a way to make it start ultimate everytime?

damned
April 21st, 2018, 08:35
Hi JustAnother can you post a screenshot? Fantasy Grounds doesnt give you an option... Your license is one or the other.

JustAnother
April 22nd, 2018, 03:14
It is more steam that fg ...

damned
April 22nd, 2018, 03:51
It doesnt make any difference which one you choose - it launches the same executable.
Click the box to Dont show this again

Sunadorn
November 11th, 2018, 16:41
Hello. I am having issues with my Ultimate upgrade. Last night I was hosting a game on my main PC and this morning when I started it up, it shows it as the free version. I've tried the different things posted in other threads to try and correct the problem, but I'm not sure if it has something to do with Steam as I cannot get Fantasy grounds to open the Ultimate on my laptop either even though I click on the Ultimate in steam. I've tried downloading the windows version to my desktop, but get the same issue.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2018, 16:46
Hello. I am having issues with my Ultimate upgrade. Last night I was hosting a game on my main PC and this morning when I started it up, it shows it as the free version. I've tried the different things posted in other threads to try and correct the problem, but I'm not sure if it has something to do with Steam as I cannot get Fantasy grounds to open the Ultimate on my laptop either even though I click on the Ultimate in steam. I've tried downloading the windows version to my desktop, but get the same issue.
Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

The first thing to check is that you're entering your new Utimate license key in the "License Key" field at the top of the FG settings window - see Step 3 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Setup_Tutorial After this, you must run an update (step 9).

Sunadorn
November 11th, 2018, 17:21
I've entered the key several times on both my laptop and my PC. I've uninstalled Steam and re-installed. It shows the Ultimate key in Steam and I click on it, but still shows up as the free version. I've deleted the FG.exe files and reinstalled the game, but still get free version after entering the key.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2018, 17:32
I've entered the key several times on both my laptop and my PC. I've uninstalled Steam and re-installed. It shows the Ultimate key in Steam and I click on it, but still shows up as the free version. I've deleted the FG.exe files and reinstalled the game, but still get free version after entering the key.
Make sure you're using the license key that is 5 sets of 5 alphanumeric characters, dash separated. Example: 0AB1C-2DEF3-GHIJK-L4MNO-P5678 (Example License Key). Make sure there are no spaces at the end and beginning of the key when you paste/enter it in the License Key field.

To confirm, as you don't mention running an update after entering the key. You have done a FG update after entering your key, right? No need to uninstall. If you have ran the update after entering the key in the above format, then email [email protected] with your ultimate license key and they can check it for you.

Sunadorn
November 11th, 2018, 18:10
Ok, I'll send them the issue.
Thanks

damned
November 11th, 2018, 21:19
two instances of FG installed to two different paths?

Sunadorn
November 12th, 2018, 02:53
That sounds like that might be it, but why would it affect my laptop?

damned
November 12th, 2018, 03:14
Possibly you installed from this website and from Steam at different times and you may have used a different shortcut to launch than what you normally do. The second shortcut may have pointed at an unconfigured instance? The license key etc is stored in the registry but Im not sure how that is read (or not) by two different executables.
Can you search for fantasygrounds.exe on your computer and check if you do have two instances?

Sunadorn
November 14th, 2018, 18:18
I've checked and can only find one.

Trenloe
November 14th, 2018, 21:38
Did you get any information from the support email?

I've checked and can only find one.
Start FG and click the settings window. Make a note of the “app directory” - this is where the FantasyGrounds.exe file will be installed when you run an update.

Close Fantasy Grounds. Check in Windows task manager that there is not a FantasyGrounds.exe process running. Then go to the “app directory” location you made a note of earlier and launch FantasyGrounds.exe - does it now show Ultimate?

Sunadorn
November 14th, 2018, 23:18
I have not heard from support yet.
Ok, I've done all that. Still loads free version. The directory shows fantasygrounds.exe and fantasygrounds_x64.exe and I tried launching from both and re-entering the key in both, but still free version

Moon Wizard
November 14th, 2018, 23:43
You need to enter the key via the FG Settings; and make sure that the License key contains the key code, and that the second field is blank.

Additionally, if you had a subscription and cancelled it, then the license is cancelled immediately per the FAQ (due to limitation with our Paypal interface). If that's the case, then contact support for a refund, and start a new subscription.

If it's still not working, then please turn on the Enhanced Logging in the FG Settings, run a new Update, and send the update log file to [email protected]. (You can find the update.log file in the FG data directory which can be opened using the folder button in upper right of FG launch screen.)

Regards,
JPG

Sunadorn
November 14th, 2018, 23:52
I reloaded the Steam program on my laptop and entered the key after starting Fantasy Grounds and the Ultimate Upgrade works there. I will just have to wait for support I suppose.
Thanks

damned
November 15th, 2018, 01:03
I reloaded the Steam program on my laptop and entered the key after starting Fantasy Grounds and the Ultimate Upgrade works there. I will just have to wait for support I suppose.
Thanks

Support are generally very good at replying (they are not 24/7 though) so if you havent heard back you might email them again.