PDA

View Full Version : Are 'free' players limited in the way they can import character data? (e.g. Hero Lab)

swest
October 6th, 2014, 02:14
Ok, last question for the night. And I won't pretend to have researched this in the least. So, you are free to tell me to use the 'search' feature of the forum :D

I am running an Ultimate license so that my players can use the unlicensed FG. If my players have worked up their characters already in Hero Lab, will they be able, if they so choose, to import that data, just like a paid license?

Thanks.

- s.west

Trenloe
October 6th, 2014, 02:32
They can work on them in "Manage Characters" and then either export them to XML and send that to the GM or they can upload the character to the campaign when they connect to the GM. This didn't used to work for the free version, but I've just done a test and it is working for me and the PFRPG ruleset.

The players will only be able to do this for the rulesets that come with FG or for rulesets that they have purchased themselves.

Trenloe
October 6th, 2014, 02:35
You might find this useful: https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/preparing-your-pc-for-fantasy-grounds/

swest
October 6th, 2014, 03:05
Thanks for the info, and, although I haven't been through it yet, I'm hoping that link will also be helpful, thanks!

Nylanfs
October 6th, 2014, 14:16
Also note that importing characters works for PCGen also. :)