PDA

View Full Version : Hackmaster 4th - Which Ruleset

acseric
October 5th, 2014, 21:54
Hey All,

My players have a hankering for some old school craziness, and since I am a big fan of (and have a bunch of content for) Hackmaster 4th, I was wondering what I should use for a ruleset. AD&D 2nd? Labyrinth Lord? Osric? Something else?

I can handle rulings and dice rolls on the fly if necessary, but I wanted to know which of the existing rulesets would be easiest to facilitate gameplay.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Eric

damned
October 5th, 2014, 23:24
Hey Eric,
Have a look at the CoreRPG. It is quite flexible. You can add lots of skills etc and add the dice rolls into each and they are then clickable/rollable.

Otherwise the best supported old school ruleset is Castles&Crusades but I havent looked at Hackmaster so I dont know its mechanics....

acseric
October 6th, 2014, 01:34
Thanks, I'll have a look.

The mechanics are kind of a mix of AD&D 1st and 2nd edition. I havent done much customization, but if it is easy enough, I suppose that I could work with coreRPG.

damned
October 6th, 2014, 03:18
There is a couple of other old school community rulesets.
OSRIC, LL and 2E but Ive never used them. These will not be CoreRPG based so very hard to know what they can and cant do until you try them.
I use C&C ($10 I think) and it really is a good ruleset and includes the PHB and MT in FG format already.

Please let us know how you get on.