PDA

View Full Version : AC Calculation

Brenn
October 5th, 2014, 13:31
Ok, I feel foolish on this one but here goes. When I drop Armor from my Parsed PHB onto my Inventory it doesn't effect the AC of the character. We played with the ruleset for the first time last night and I just manually entered the AC for every character. Am I missing something?

Brenn
October 5th, 2014, 15:36
Also in trying to create the rage effect, I can't get the following to work:

ADVSAV:strength; ADVCHK:strength; DMG:2 melee; RESIST:bludgeoning; RESIST:piercing; RESIST:slashing
It gets ADVSAV, DMG:2 melee but doesn't catch anything else. However if I break them into individual effects they will all work, but I have 6 items on the tracker that are all from the same feature...

Damn sure I'm missing something here, I just don't know what.

Griogre
October 5th, 2014, 18:53
Don't feel foolish, dropping armor doesn't have any effect. This is by design. This allow house rules for different armor values and the dropping in inventory of armor as loot. FG's automation has traditionally be aimed at roll resolution rather that character generation. The 5E ruleset has taken a step in that direction with the dropping of a parsed class automatically loading some class features, but that's as far as automation in character gen goes.

Griogre
October 5th, 2014, 18:56
Also in trying to create the rage effect, I can't get the following to work:

ADVSAV:strength; ADVCHK:strength; DMG:2 melee; RESIST:bludgeoning; RESIST:piercing; RESIST:slashing
It gets ADVSAV, DMG:2 melee but doesn't catch anything else. However if I break them into individual effects they will all work, but I have 6 items on the tracker that are all from the same feature...

Damn sure I'm missing something here, I just don't know what.
Hmm... maybe try putting a space in after the colon?

Brenn
October 6th, 2014, 09:25
That did it. Thanks Griogre!