PDA

View Full Version : Cortex Plus

Skellan
October 4th, 2014, 03:03
Am I right in thinking that there is no cortex plus ruleset for fg lurking about anywhere? I am looking into the firefly rpg. Tbh I'd probably use savage anyway but thought I'd check to see if anyone has done anything with cortex plus :)

Valarian
October 4th, 2014, 07:38
Check out the base CoreRPG. You can drag dice on to the items in each category you create, in edit mode. That might do the trick.

Skellan
October 4th, 2014, 13:19
Thanks. I will have a look :)

Sunspoticus
November 25th, 2014, 20:39
As it goes, I've started futzin' around with a Cortex Plus ruleset. Wanna help, you know how to find me Skellan. :)

Skellan
November 25th, 2014, 20:46
Great!

I turn into one of Santa's Elves around this time of year, so I won't be able to help until the new year. I will be happy to do what i can though :D

Iovec
January 1st, 2015, 21:06
I am new to FG and I am very much interested in the Firefly RPG using the Cortex Plus system. As I learn FG, I would gladly help in developing or assisting in the development of a Cortex Plus Firefly RPG ruleset. Because the Cortex Plus system has three distinct styles of itself, I don't foresee a generic ruleset for the system working in FG though, as a new owner, I am not yet sure of how versatile the software is. I look forward to learning and using FG and hope the Firefly RPG becomes a fixture in the software in the near future!

ianmward
January 4th, 2015, 06:11
Firefly would be cool!! I've bought most of the books...

Sunspoticus
January 25th, 2015, 13:09
Well, given how close Savage Worlds and Cortex are, in between updating my skins to 3.0.10, I've spec'ed out some simple conversion rules between the two systems. (I currently run a bi-weekly Firefly game already)...

chillybilly
February 11th, 2015, 20:42
Well, given how close Savage Worlds and Cortex are, in between updating my skins to 3.0.10, I've spec'ed out some simple conversion rules between the two systems. (I currently run a bi-weekly Firefly game already)...

I have flirted with using Savage Worlds to run a Firefly adventure. I only wish that you could build dice pools or have a dice cup or something. In fact, you can't even grab a die from a character sheet and place it in the tray at the bottom without overwriting the current die in the tray.

damned
February 11th, 2015, 23:42
use the /die command to use multiple different dice...
/die 1d6+1d4

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-10.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Valarian
February 12th, 2015, 06:47
You can use the die field in CoreRPG to store dice to roll.

chillybilly
February 12th, 2015, 13:17
You can use the die field in CoreRPG to store dice to roll.

Very True but then I lose all the wonderful stuff from the Savage Worlds ruleset! And also thank you to damned for the syntax for typing in die roll commands.

It's just a pick your poison kind of thing. CoreRPG gives me a better die rolling mechanic while Savage Worlds gives me some gorgeous options. Frankly, this is a good example of how great Fantasy Grounds is when its users are as spoiled as I am. I'm not complaining. FG makes it possible to game with my friends each week. It's more just wishing and hoping that the next release of FG will have even more functions to speed game play. But everything considered, the pittance I paid for a FG license has paid for itself over and over and over again.