PDA

View Full Version : party sheet seems to be broken

hawkwind
October 3rd, 2014, 10:20
ran my first 5e game last night and first i would like to thank everyone who has got the Fg ruleset to its current state. Most of the hick ups that occurred were "user errors" however we did encounter a problem with the party sheet. Only my self and and aplayer running the test version 3.09 could see it , every one else got error messages. I'm running the current 3.08. Would every one upgrading to the test problem get rid of the problem?

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2014, 12:08
What error messages were you getting?

hawkwind
October 3rd, 2014, 13:24
1'm not getting a error message the players are, they were a bit vague on the subject

VenomousFiligree
October 3rd, 2014, 13:58
To clarify I was running the latest test version in the above session. The first table of the party sheet was blank and I got a script error when ever I selected it. The other tabs appeared to be OK. I'm not on my machine now until Monday, so won't be able to see if I can retrieve the script error until then.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2014, 17:02
As a general FYI. Each player should run the same version of FG as he GM. If the GM is on 3.0.8 then all players should be on that too. Players on 3.0.9 test need to change to "live" and run an update before they join the game.

VenomousFiligree
October 3rd, 2014, 20:52
I realise this, however I didn't know what the GM was running when I logged in.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2014, 20:59
I realise this, however I didn't know what the GM was running when I logged in.
As a general guideline for anyone using the test version of FG: I would recommend that anyone who is running the test version of FG confirm with their GM before they play which version they should be using. And the same the other way - if a GM is running a game using test they should let the players know ahead of time. The vast majority of players and GMs will be running the live version, so people using the test version need to be a bit proactive in checking what they need to have loaded. A good assumption is that everyone uses live unless told otherwise.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2014, 21:01
ran my first 5e game last night and first i would like to thank everyone who has got the Fg ruleset to its current state. Most of the hick ups that occurred were "user errors" however we did encounter a problem with the party sheet. Only my self and and aplayer running the test version 3.09 could see it , every one else got error messages. I'm running the current 3.08. Would every one upgrading to the test problem get rid of the problem?
Is the error the same as mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22233-Ruleset-Error-running-5E-Campaign&highlight=Party

If so, I'd recommend removing the main page (character view) from the party sheet until a fix has made it into live.

jh79
October 4th, 2014, 02:54
Yes, that was the error, the link above. Main tab on party sheet, I was running latest version 3.0.0.9