PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Error running 5E Campaign

Medriza
October 2nd, 2014, 23:24
Hi,
I've got an issue I'm not figuring out on my own, and could use a bit of help.

Background:
Playing a 5E campaign for a few weeks now. Everything running fine. Even last week when the 3.0.8 release came out. I'm the host, and I didn't update, but 1 player did. No issues. I updated to 3.0.8 a few days after and everything seemed fine until game day. That night, 2 players had now updated, along with me. The other 4 still hadn't. They all connected fine, but none of them could access the Main tab of the Party Sheet. The other sheets seemed to work fine. Actually, everything else seemed fine.

(One other thing I noticed, but thought nothing of. Many of my windows have the red X in the upper right corner to close the window overlapping the little padlock icon to lock the window. The padlock JUST sticks out under it so I can reach it. That seemed to happen after the 3.0.8 patch, but I figured it wasn't much of a problem, just a minor irritation.)

Anyway, now when any of the players access the try to access the Main tab of the Party Sheet, they get an error popping up, and the Main tab does appear, but it is empty. The error is:

Ruleset Error: window: Control (list) anchoring to uncalculated control (footeranchor) in windowclass (ps_main)

We had them re-install, but no change. Today, I re-installed the host software, again to no change. I did the uninstall from the program folder and then re-installed it into a clean folder, so it should have nothing but clean software. Still no problem. During re-install, I will note that I didn't have to put my user name, license key, or anything of the sort in since it was still saved; I imagine there's registry entries that remain after an uninstall.

Any ideas what I've done here to get this error? Thanks!

damned
October 3rd, 2014, 00:29
All of you need to update to 3.0.8 otherwise this error is quite common.

Medriza
October 3rd, 2014, 18:02
Sorry, I should have made clear that my last test was with just one player in a brand new campaign created after the fresh re-install. That player had 3.0.8 to match my own host version. And we again had the same error. So this was a brand new test campaign with a newly created PC. And same problem...

Is it possible the different versions messed up something more permanent? So that even now that the versions match, it's still messed up? I'm at a loss...

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2014, 19:40
I can reproduce this error quite easily.

Create a new 5E campaign.
Enable the Character list of the party sheet.
Connect a player on localhost and the player should select a PC.
The GM adds the PC to the party sheet.
The player opens the party sheet - the error occurs.

Medriza
October 3rd, 2014, 21:10
Thanks, Trenloe! I guess it's encouraging that it's not just me.

Is there a way you can load a campaign up so that you don't get the error? I just tried having a local player connect via the external IP and we still got the error. So that's not the problem, or at least not the only thing causing the problem.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2014, 21:15
Is there a way you can load a campaign up so that you don't get the error? I just tried having a local player connect via the external IP and we still got the error. So that's not the problem, or at least not the only thing causing the problem.
The GM needs to set the campaign option "Party: Show Characters to clients" to off. This, of course, means that the characters won't be seen in the party sheet as this hides the "Main" tab, but it will avoid the error.

Medriza
October 3rd, 2014, 21:58
Yeah, we'll be playing without the Main tab for the time being then.

Since this is reproducible, I assume that means it's a bug that should hopefully be cleaned up with a future patch. We'll keep our fingers crossed. The Main tab is pretty handy and will be missed for a while.

Thanks!