PDA

View Full Version : Adding pictures to Character Sheets

biojerk
October 1st, 2014, 21:22
How do you add pictures to character sheets?

Trenloe
October 1st, 2014, 21:34
Assuming you mean a portrait.

See the General Tutorials -> Tutorial Series -> 01-A-07 Player Series: Characters video here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos Look at the video from 07:15 onwards.

damned
October 2nd, 2014, 00:59
If you are coding a new ruleset or even an extension you can include image in the character sheet but this is a lot more involved.

biojerk
October 2nd, 2014, 04:31
Assuming you mean a portrait.

See the General Tutorials -> Tutorial Series -> 01-A-07 Player Series: Characters video here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos Look at the video from 07:15 onwards.

It seems like I'm able to do this in the Core RPG setting, but not on my Call of Cthulhu games.

damned
October 2nd, 2014, 04:57
I just tested it in Call of Cthulhu... still works for me...

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2014, 05:01
It seems like I'm able to do this in the Core RPG setting, but not on my Call of Cthulhu games.
I think you might be running an older version of the Call of Cthulhu ruleset. When you load up a campaign it should say "Call of Cthulhu ruleset v3.0.8 for Fantasy Grounds." in the chat window. If you don't have v3.0.8 you need to run an update. Exit your campaign and from the main FG start screen click the settings button. See this post for info on doing this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21526-CoC-Problem-with-Monsters-in-Library&p=180079&viewfull=1#post180079 It's an older post so it mentions 3.0.4, the latest version you want to be on is 3.0.8; but the update process is the same.

damned
October 2nd, 2014, 05:27
interesting... mine was 3.0.4 and it wouldnt update... i deleted it and it hasnt redownloaded. It looks like my Steam DLC hasnt carried over to the FG Updater in this instance.

damned
October 2nd, 2014, 05:31
and to top it off... i cant work out how to redownload on Steam either!

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2014, 05:34
interesting... mine was 3.0.4 and it wouldnt update... i deleted it and it hasnt redownloaded. It looks like my Steam DLC hasnt carried over to the FG Updater in this instance.
Do you have the DLC update checked in settings and did you launch FG from Steam before you run the update?

damned
October 2nd, 2014, 05:57
thanks Trenloe - when I launched the Steam Version and did an update it redownloaded CoC.

biojerk
October 2nd, 2014, 15:30
I did an update and now have 3.0.8 but for whatever reason it's still not working for me. Unless I could get someone on Skype and share my screen with them in a call, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :( I feel so stupid. haha. I'm having two different issues with CoC, as you know Trenloe as you are are helping me with both (thank you SO much btw), and I feel like they should be simple fixes. But for some reason I must be doing something wrong with this picture thing.

I read somewhere that in CoC only the PLAYER can change the image of the character? Is that true?

damned
October 2nd, 2014, 15:32
sending you a pm.

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2014, 16:57
I read somewhere that in CoC only the PLAYER can change the image of the character? Is that true?
That was the case with most rulesets prior to version 3 of FG. But now GMs can change the portrait if they click on the portrait control on the character sheet. Just click once and give the portrait window time to appear (it can take a little while if you have a few portrait image files on your computer).