PDA

View Full Version : Test release v3.0.9

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2014, 20:37
Note: As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

This release is a placeholder for adding minor features and bug fixes.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2014, 20:37
Updates

[5E] Save vs. trigger actions added to information parsed for CT quick attack entries.
[5E] Death saving throw roll button added to Main tab of PC sheet.
[5E] NPC magic weapons trait parsed on CT drop to grant magic damage type to all NPC attacks.
[CoreRPG+] If quick deleting active combat tracker entry using deletion button, the turn order would not automatically advance. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E/4E/CnC] Party sheet layout on inventory/order tabs wrong. Fixed.
[5E] Complex damage immunities were not being parsed correctly (bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons that aren’t adamantine). Fixed.
[5E] Death saving throws occurring at end of turn, instead of beginning of turn. Fixed.
[5E] Some controls were being obscured by the window close button. Fixed.
[CoC] Weapon table data overlapping. Fixed.

JPG

ShadeRaven
September 30th, 2014, 00:43
Awesome fixes and additions!

@El Condoro: In looking at yours, I figured out what was wrong :) I had put in VULN: bludgeoning instead of just bludgeoning in the damage vulnerabilities. I had left this over from when I had originally created my skeletons way back when. Very nice that we can just put them in without remembering the TAGS now!

Thanks again, as always!

ShadeRaven
September 30th, 2014, 23:24
The Deva power (action) going in, as is, from the MM looks like this:

Healing Touch: The deva touches another creature. The target magically regains 20 (4d8 + 2) hit points and is freed from any curse, disease, poison, blindness, or deafness.

However, in game, when I drag and drop that power, it always heals a fixed amount: Heal [2] -> [Target Creature].

VenomousFiligree
October 1st, 2014, 07:10
I was using this last night and got some script errors when removing dead NPCs via the red bar icon on the combat trackers. I was also using the multi layer image extension. I will try and recreate with more information tonight.

Trenloe
October 1st, 2014, 15:23
I was using this last night and got some script errors when removing dead NPCs via the red bar icon on the combat trackers. I was also using the multi layer image extension. I will try and recreate with more information tonight.
The Enhanced Images extension modifies the CoreRPG script to handles a lot of combat tracker base functionality, including removing tokens from the combat tracker. As such, if you're using the Enhanced Images extension with the 3.0.9 test then you are actually using the 3.0.8 manager_combat.lua file - which can cause a clash of code/functionality. Try recreating the error without the Enhanced Images extension, if you still get the error post the full details of the error here.

Moon Wizard
October 2nd, 2014, 07:09
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Script error when using CT quick delete. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when using CT master header toggle buttons. Fixed.
[5E] Party main/XP sheet layout adjustments.

JPG

ShadeRaven
October 2nd, 2014, 13:48
Question: When a creature has an additional range on their Critical Hit chances, what is the format for getting that implemented in FG?

Example: Landedrosa crits on an 19 or 20 from Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but I could quite figure out how to make his Action Attack's to-hit reflect this (after some experimentation).

dthwing
October 2nd, 2014, 20:57
On the 5E Combat Tracker, if I add a [HEAL: 1d8] to the "Actions" section for an NPC, it seems to parse but when I click it I get an error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_heal.lua"]:28: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Am I entering the action incorrectly? Missing a parameter or something?

Darmus
October 3rd, 2014, 10:33
When i drop a dice attack on a token or in the tracker, he did'nt calculate the ennemi CA and just do a roll on the chat.
I have this problem some time and juste a restart is needed sometime.

damned
October 3rd, 2014, 13:33
@Darmus
Ruleset?
Any extensions loaded?
Are you waiting for the Targets name to "pop up" before releasing the dice?

Darmus
October 3rd, 2014, 14:26
rulset : Pathfinder
Extension : Pathfinder Fr, allignement condition, extend NPC weapon
Yes i waiting, i do a test right now and everything work well...and i don't do a thing

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2014, 08:20
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Holding Shift key when dragging items between PCs and Party Sheet will transfer multiple items.
[CoreRPG+] Party Sheet item assignment field can support multiple names separated by commas, including auto-complete support.
[CoreRPG+] When item assignment field and button used, all items of a given entry will be evenly distributed to the assignment name.
[CoreRPG+] When Carried checkbox is changed in PC inventory, any items with a matching Location value will be updated to match.
[5E] Fixed vs. variable settings in NPC heal rolls not parsing correctly. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when accessing Main tab of player Party Sheet. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when dropping new character with unassigned class onto Party Sheet. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when using heal from CT quick action entry. Fixed.

JPG

VenomousFiligree
October 8th, 2014, 00:28
Unsure if this is a bug or not, might even happen in live.

I'm running 5e latest test version. Show player to player whispers is on.

Player A whispers me (GM)
Player B whispers player C
I /reply and instead of whispering to player A, I whisper to player B

damned
October 8th, 2014, 01:05
do you have show player whispers on?
i would say its a bug...

VenomousFiligree
October 8th, 2014, 06:30
Show player to player whispers is on.

Yes...

ShadeRaven
October 9th, 2014, 02:32
Out of curiosity, is there any machination (effect/tag) that allows the Aid Spell to work as described (+5 Max Health). Increasing maximum hit points by 5 and having to remember to remove it after the spell expires is a bit of a hassle. That said, I am sure it's not an easy ask to have it working with a simple MAXHP: 5 effect, but you have amazed me with some other effects you've made work, so I thought I'd ask out of curiosity.

Andraax
October 9th, 2014, 12:18
Out of curiosity, is there any machination (effect/tag) that allows the Aid Spell to work as described (+5 Max Health). Increasing maximum hit points by 5 and having to remember to remove it after the spell expires is a bit of a hassle. That said, I am sure it's not an easy ask to have it working with a simple MAXHP: 5 effect, but you have amazed me with some other effects you've made work, so I thought I'd ask out of curiosity.

It's not in there, but I could see adding "HP: X" to the list of effects (would pretty much work that same as "AC: X" and "STR: X", et al.) - I'd never used it, but for some reason thought it was already in there....

ShadeRaven
October 9th, 2014, 17:08
Request: Dodge added as an Effect (I can use GRANTDISATK but I think seeing Dodge on the CT would look cleaner).

Andraax
October 9th, 2014, 17:16
Request: Dodge added as an Effect (I can use GRANTDISATK but I think seeing Dodge on the CT would look cleaner).

Err, you just want to see it on the CT? I already do that - you can name an effect anything you want. Create an effect called "Dodge" with a duration of 1. Apply it before initiative, and it goes away automatically at the end of the round. Doesn't do anything except show up on the CT.

ShadeRaven
October 9th, 2014, 19:46
Err, you just want to see it on the CT? I already do that - you can name an effect anything you want. Create an effect called "Dodge" with a duration of 1. Apply it before initiative, and it goes away automatically at the end of the round. Doesn't do anything except show up on the CT.Heh, no. There are various effects that have their more easily understood name that also have the code beneath it that gives the effects that also come with it. So having Dodge as an Effect that also performs the functions of a dodge would be great.

ShadeRaven
October 9th, 2014, 19:47
Question: When a creature has an additional range on their Critical Hit chances, what is the format for getting that implemented in FG?

Example: Landedrosa crits on an 19 or 20 from Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but I could quite figure out how to make his Action Attack's to-hit reflect this (after some experimentation).Does anyone know the answer to this one yet? Is it possible to increase NPC crit range?

Andraax
October 9th, 2014, 19:52
Heh, no. There are various effects that have their more easily understood name that also have the code beneath it that gives the effects that also come with it. So having Dodge as an Effect that also performs the functions of a dodge would be great.

So, does "Dodge; GRANTDISATK" not work for you?

El Condoro
October 9th, 2014, 20:35
Does anyone know the answer to this one yet? Is it possible to increase NPC crit range?

You can with a character on the Actions tab, next to Weapons there is the little magnifying glass - there is a crit range in it and the ability to add extra crit dice.

I haven't seen any thing that replicates this in the effects. Perhaps create him as a PC and the DM runs him?

ShadeRaven
October 10th, 2014, 00:55
You can with a character on the Actions tab, next to Weapons there is the little magnifying glass - there is a crit range in it and the ability to add extra crit dice.

I haven't seen any thing that replicates this in the effects. Perhaps create him as a PC and the DM runs him?Yeah, the PC side is great and we are exploring more of the great options being added. I wasn't sure if we had anything for NPCs yet as I know they've done it for other versions.

damned
October 10th, 2014, 14:45
Feature Request(s) for CoreRPG.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22303-CoreRPG-Requests&p=189171

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
October 11th, 2014, 00:05
Thanks for all the reports, guys, been heads down on Unity porting. Very consuming, but good progress. Months to go yet.

On the reports,

Venomous Filigree - Whisper reply target
This seems like a bug, I will investigate.

ShadeRaven - Aid Spell
There is no effect or support for "max health" boost. I usually use Temporary Hit Points myself. It's a complex logic scenario for max health boost, so hasn't been implemented yet.

ShadeRaven - Dodge effect
The real solution to this is to implement my long term solution which is to rebuild effects as their own full "records" within FG, where they have their own editing window (sort of like spells/weapons). As part of this change, I envisioned that the effects would each be provided with a name (initially set to name of spell if generated by spell), and that only the name would show up in the CT effects list. Also, each effect in the CT effects list would be given a way to look up details quickly if needed (tooltip or editor window), and the ability to remove effects quickly as well (both GM and player). It's really a complete rebuild of the system.

I tried to limit the official "shortcut" effects to mimic the conditions in the PHB and Basic Rules. Let me think about whether Dodge belongs there.

ShadeRaven - NPC critical range
No, I haven't figured out how to implement this yet. It's a fairly recent addition to the NPC statistics. Let me see what I can come up with. It's somewhat complicated by the fact that the one example I found has the improved critical as a separate trait, which makes it hard to find in a per power parsing environment (NPC sheet, CT quick format).

damned
Saw your post and e-mail. I'll respond there.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
October 11th, 2014, 08:10
Updates

[5E] Added "Dodge" effect. Applies GRANTDISATK; ADVSAV: dexterity when not Grappled, Restrained, Incapacitated, Paralyzed, Stunned or Unconscious.
[5E] Added "CRIT: #" effect which adjusts the attack critical range for the combatant.
[5E] Added critical range to NPC attack entry in combat tracker. Format is "[ATK:# (#)]" where second number is crit range.
[CoreRPG+] Whisper reply target overriden when GM has show player whispers turned on. Fixed.
[3.5E] Type missing from PC damage rolls with no dice. Fixed.

JPG

Irondrake
October 11th, 2014, 23:46
Nice updates, thanks! Testing them tonight.

Moon Wizard
October 14th, 2014, 18:55
Updates

[DEV][CoreRPG] Added some functions to support multiple item lists when using the party sheet inventory tab (i.e. Savage Worlds).

JPG

ShadeRaven
October 16th, 2014, 02:02
Awesome! Thanks as always, JPG.

El Condoro
October 20th, 2014, 10:12
I am getting the following message when I start in test mode:

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file patchnotes.xml - Error on line 0: Error document empty.

I can then go into the GUI as normal but the release notes page is blank.

El Condoro
October 21st, 2014, 10:51
When I use Long Rest from the CT all effects are applied as expected (hit points, hit dice, spells)
When I use Long Rest by right-clicking on the character sheet, spells and hit dice are applied but not hit points, which remain as they are.

Trenloe
October 21st, 2014, 13:13
When I use Long Rest from the CT all effects are applied as expected (hit points, hit dice, spells)
When I use Long Rest by right-clicking on the character sheet, spells and hit dice are applied but not hit points, which remain as they are.
Which Ruleset?

damned
October 21st, 2014, 13:18
i was gonna ask the same... but I know the answer... its 5E of course!

damned
October 21st, 2014, 13:18
imagine getting all your HP back just be sleeping!

El Condoro
October 21st, 2014, 14:25
Yep, always with me. :) Sorry.

VenomousFiligree
October 21st, 2014, 23:15
Running latest test version, plus language, locations and weather extensions.

Critical damage wasn't rolled for an unarmed attack (manually entered onto the PC sheet)

Blackfoot
October 24th, 2014, 17:53
Any chance you could allow negative power point costs for Psionic spell classes in PFRPG? I usually use this spell class for things other than psionics that track rounds per day or power pools. Abilities like Grit and Panache have the ability to recover points during play... it would be nice to be able to build in a 'Critical Hit' spell that returns a point of panache or the like. It's obviously not a big thing because you can tweak the pool manually.. but it seems like it would be simple enough to allow the negative in the field without too many detrimental ramifactions.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2014, 22:48
Still need to look into a couple items reported here. Getting close to release. Got pulled off on Unity and a bunch of life/job stuff.

Updates

[DEV] numbercontrol - Added setMinValue, getMinValue, setMaxValue, getMaxValue functions

JPG

ShadeRaven
November 5th, 2014, 04:52
I noticed an odd thing in 5E Ruleset tonight.

I have a couple of creatures with lower STR ratings.. so they have weapon attacks such as 1d4 -1 or 1d6 -1 damage. If it rolls a 1 (for 0 net), it will come up with [MIN DAMAGE] tag at the end of the attack text string in the chat box, but it will do literally no damage at all. I am pretty sure that 5E follows the minimum 1 for weapon damage even if you have a minus on the weapon roll.

If it was a D4-3, for example.. then it would give results of 0, 0, 0, and 1 damage.

Anyway, I tried looking in the PHB (p 196 & 197 deal with damage) and so nothing on rules that might allow 0 damage attacks, but it is possible I am missing something. If not, it's a small tweak that needs to be made to the 5E Ruleset. :)

As always, appreciate all your work in this!
SR

El Condoro
November 5th, 2014, 10:55
I don't think there is a 1 damage minimum - I haven't seen it anyway. p. 196 says "you add your ability modifier - the same modifier used for the attack roll", so a negative modifier is a subtraction. It can't go lower than zero, of course.

Andraax
November 5th, 2014, 13:22
It would be really cool if a monster hits you with it's weapon and heals former damage. :D

ShadeRaven
November 5th, 2014, 13:46
I am not sure, El... Maybe you are right, but in every edition before, 1 was always the minimum damage a creature could deliver on a hit. It allowed those 6 STR creatures with daggers to do damage more often than not.

But if we want to be a rules stickler.... if there's no official RAW that states that when you apply your ability modifier, if the attack does less than 0 damage, adjust to zero (same as if you adjusted to a minimum of 1), then .... yes, indeed, Andraax has the right of it.... a kobold that hits with a club for 1d6-2 could, indeed, heal you for 1 point of damage. :P

This is why it's important to have just about everything, even these small details, laid out for clarity.

Andraax
November 5th, 2014, 16:26
Actually, I decided to take a look at the 5e beta rules (I don't have the "final" rules) and there is this statement: "If you hit, you deal damage with your attack, reducing your target's hit points." This implies that you do a minimum of 1 point of damage, because if you hit, you reduce your target's hit points. This can only happen with a minimum of 1.

Griogre
November 5th, 2014, 19:43
I am not sure, El... Maybe you are right, but in every edition before, 1 was always the minimum damage a creature could deliver on a hit. It allowed those 6 STR creatures with daggers to do damage more often than not.

D&D 4E did not have a min 1 damage rule, but every version prior did. The 5E playtest did seem to have a min damage rule. However 5E has a round down rule (BD&D pg4, PH pg7) like 4E which means saves for half and attacks vs. resistant creatures could be 0 damage.

In the Choose Equipment weapon damage rules (BD&D pg 9, PH 14) and repeated in the Using Each Ability (BD&D pg 60, PH pg 176-7) for Strength and Dexterity under Attack Rolls and Damage there is no min damage cap it just says add the ability mod to the damage roll, saying nothing about negative mods. Finally, in Combat under Damage Rolls (BD&D pg 75, PH pg 196) there is no mention of doing at least 1 damage it just says "You roll the damage die or dice, add any modifiers, and apply the damage to your target." No where could I find any mention of min damage being at least 1, so like El Condoro I don't think there is a min damage rule. Bet it's an optional rule though in the DMG.

El Condoro
November 5th, 2014, 19:49
Seems the rules are ambiguous here, although "when you hit you do damage" quote seems to indicate a minimum hp damage. There is a discussion here (https://community.wizards.com/forum/rules-questions/threads/4159491#new), too.

Andraax
November 5th, 2014, 20:27
I think that the "reducing your target's hit points" part of the rules clinches it for me. A successful hit (disregarding a save or something like that) will always reduce your target's hit points by at least one.

Griogre
November 5th, 2014, 20:49
Why look at the beta when you can download the basic rules for free, out of curiosity?

ShadeRaven
November 5th, 2014, 22:47
I think with no real rule in the Basic or PHB, people are just looking for something, anything, that might give direction.

I doubt my daughter has a 10 STR, so the question then becomes, if she were to get past my defenses and try to stab me with a sharpened blade, is it possible that she's too weak to actually do harm to me. So, unarmored, laying prone.. easy to hit.. she thrusts a pointy down into my chest...

Unfortunately for her, she's not strong enough to break the skin?

So much about HPs is ambiguous.

I'm going to have to ponder this one myself. Obviously, the answer might be to simply never have any creature do minus modifiers on attacks. The old 1d4-1 will be a thing of the past. 1d3 isn't the same (because the 1d4-1 actually curves out to 7 damage over 4 attacks compared to averaging 8 with 1d3), but it will be good enough for now.

Part of this came up because I am converting a lot of classic modules (currently, finishing up UK5 - Eye of the Serpent) to 5E (man, I wish I could share them... maybe I'll do some classic module night announcements for people who want to see this oldie-but-goodies), and there are all sorts of odd creatures in those modules. I kind of want to stick to the spirit of each module as close as possible, but obviously tweaking in necessary when converting.

Andraax
November 5th, 2014, 23:36
Considering that a knife will break the skin just by dropping it (my pocket knife will stick into a wooden floor just by dropping it), I think your daughter would be able to break the skin with just about any conscious intention of doing so, assuming you do nothing to stop it.

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2014, 00:51
I have yet to see any stated rule or ruling on this subject, and it appears that the DMG will not clarify the matter. Has anybody asked the Wizards FAQ guy the question? Do they still do that?

Regards,
JPG

ShadeRaven
November 6th, 2014, 02:56
I have yet to see any stated rule or ruling on this subject, and it appears that the DMG will not clarify the matter. Has anybody asked the Wizards FAQ guy the question? Do they still do that?

Regards,
JPGEl and I posted out on the Wizards Rules Questions forum, but no real definitive reply. I think more tend to lean towards "a hit deals damage" than the absolute reading of "apply ability modifier", but it's really all just player opinion now, nothing definitive from the developers. Personally, I don't know why it would make sense to have a creature be able to get through some difficult defenses (hitting AC 18 is not that easy) only to have to be the same as a miss, but that's me (baring magical effects that negate the normal resultant).

In the end, you are probably better off leaving 0 damage possible.

It seems it is probably a lot easier for me to simply change every weapon to do something similar to it's damage range (1d4-1 being 1d3, 1d6-1 being 1d4, etc) than having guys like El who want to see 0 damage hits have to go and change the wound category. Of course, I am hoping converting the 1d4-3 to 1d1 won't blow the program up (or can I completely skip damage range?).

Some silly creatures in these modules (Temple of Elemental Evil, Expedition to Barrier Peaks, Castle Ravenloft, Chateau d'Amberville, Desert of Desolation, Slave Pits of the Undercity) but I have friends who never got to run through them and 5E has offered a perfect platform to take them through. Even the good ol' black-n-white pictures that came with them are classic that pop up nicely as images in FG. :D

Still, there are some hurdles in converting, without a doubt.

Andraax
November 6th, 2014, 03:04
Why not just have a "damage minimum" setting for the ruleset? Then one GM can have 1, and another can have 0.

El Condoro
November 6th, 2014, 06:45
Aside from RAW, which seems silent or ambiguous regarding this question, a minimum damage of 1 seems more fun and gives at least some reward for getting a hit. That's not for resistance where I would rule no damage is possible.

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2014, 17:10
Andraax,

I try very hard not to offer a campaign option as a solution to a problem or ambiguity. It leads to quite a bit of extra code, and extra situations to test.

For now, I'm leaning toward min 1 as the standard (and leave resistance as is).

JPG

khersheyjr
November 6th, 2014, 19:11
Mike Mearls stated this earlier today "Damage is always minimum 1, unless an effect specifies otherwise."

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2014, 22:58
VenomousFiligree,

I can't recreate the critical not triggering, but I have heard similar reports before. Any change you can reproduce?

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2014, 05:23
Updates

[5E] Changed minimum damage from zero to one.
[5E] Added "Bonus" field to item records with Weapon type.
[5E] Added "all" option for IMMUNE/RESIST/VULN effects, including negated types (i.e. RESIST: all, !psychic).
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Ability modifiers being ignored and commas stripped when adding effects from PC sheet. Fixed.
[5E] When using long rest from PC sheet when character also in CT, health was not being reset correctly. Fixed.

JPG

Griogre
November 7th, 2014, 22:54
Mike Mearls stated this earlier today "Damage is always minimum 1, unless an effect specifies otherwise."

Where did he say that, I can't find it. :(

khersheyjr
November 8th, 2014, 01:10
that was on his FB page

Blacky
November 12th, 2014, 23:00
Regression?

Is it me, or did 3.0.9 broke the recent fix for the Image Preload bug?

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2014, 22:30
There was very little code change in the client for v3.0.9. Just the new numbercontrol functions. The fix for preload added in 3.0.8 is still in the code.

Regards,
JPG

Blacky
November 27th, 2014, 20:59
Could not reproduce, weird. Anyway, never mind and thanks.