PDA

View Full Version : monster(npc) immunities

AKABigBlack
September 28th, 2014, 11:01
hello all,

so we're having a bit of trouble setting up immunities on monsters for encounters. for example, the werewolf has the following Damage Immunity: bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons that aren't silvered. for the life of us, we can't get the entries in correctly so they apply to rolls. we have no issues setting up effects for pc's, just the monsters.....

for that matter, does the "silver" entry go into the weapon properties or the damage type????

Willot
September 28th, 2014, 13:57
I havnt played with the 5E myself but if its like 3.5/pathfinder it goes in the damage type. (If a weapon is masterwork you can put that in properties( I think its the only thing ive ever put in there))

Trenloe
September 28th, 2014, 14:58
Put the whole string "bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons that aren't silvered" in the NPC damage immunities section *before* dragging to the combat tracker. FG parses it when the NPC is added to the combat tracker and makes the effects then. Modifying the damage immunities once the NPC is in the combat tracker won't do anything.

Moon Wizard
September 28th, 2014, 17:47
Currently, the ruleset will parse resistances correctly for that particular phrasing, but not immunities. I've already identified, and will include in the next patch round for immunities to also be auto-parsed.

In the mean time, you can set up the immunity as "IMMUNE: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic, !silver".

Cheers,
JPG

Willot
September 28th, 2014, 20:28
for people who arent coders "!" (!magic,!silver) means NOT in most coding languages... Thats cool I didnt know that for FG

Trenloe
September 28th, 2014, 20:56
for people who arent coders "!" (!magic,!silver) means NOT in most coding languages... Thats cool I didnt know that for FG
This is specific to the 5E ruleset.

AKABigBlack
October 25th, 2014, 06:55
so here is my question: setting up resistances for my barbarian pc, i put "RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing" as an effect i use when he rages, but it doesn't seem to work. it works individually, just not combined. also, at third level, he'll be resistant to ALL damage except psychic and i have NO idea how to do that. thoughts?

El Condoro
October 25th, 2014, 07:29
I think you need to do RESIST: bludgeoning; RESIST: piercing; RESIST: slashing. [Edit] Scrap that - not correct
Not sure about all damage. [Edit] From the Effect wiki page: Assumes all if no [damage type] descriptor.

Irondrake
October 27th, 2014, 01:36
I'll have to double check my rage effect, it was working properly when I had a barbarian in my campaign. El Condoro, that should be how its set up for the resistances.

AKABigBlack
October 27th, 2014, 01:39
that would be awesome! we're at a loss....