PDA

View Full Version : PAR5E Problems: Barbarian, Monk, Rogue

Jorgevorg
September 28th, 2014, 07:31
Hello, fellow PAR5ERs!

I am slowly but surely working on converting the awesome 5th Edition Book into a rule set using the equally amazing PAR5E tool. However, try as I might, I am unable to properly get the Barbarian, Monk, and Rogue classes parsed. I triple-checked the formatting and can't spot the error(s). Attached to this thread post is a zipped file containing the text files of the Classes which persist to stump me. Would you be so kind as to give them a look and see if you could spot the problem?

Thank you all in advance!

MODERATOR: Removed attachment now issue is fixed.

El Condoro
September 28th, 2014, 10:03
With Rogue, remove the <i> italics code from Mage Hand Legerdemaine and it parses OK.

Barbarian: #fe;Fast Movement;5 has an extra space after it. Remove to parse.

Monk: #fe;Purity of Body;10 has extra space after it. Remove to parse.

The second/header line of a table should be #th; but that didn't prevent parsing.

Jorgevorg
September 28th, 2014, 15:03
Thank you, El Condoro! Can't believe how small the mistakes were and how badly they broke the parse! :)

El Condoro
September 28th, 2014, 22:32
That's right, it means you have to cut, save, parse, and paste back in a lot to be able to isolate where the problem lies and then fix it. The Barbarian one was the most difficult because everything *looked* fine. Even when I had isolated the problem to within 4 lines it still seemed OK - the spaces don't show up until you start clicking around or pasting into Word with its code on. Monk was easier because Barbarian had shown me what to look for! Cheers.

Jyohe1313
November 16th, 2015, 00:36
Ok so my problem is all of the Backgrounds went through easily. I moved on to classes because a friend wanted to play a fighter and when I parsed it it went through fine and shows up in FG just fine. So I moved onto Barbarian and Parse is saying that it is ok, but then when I go to FG and refresh the module it is not showing up like the fighter did. I have also done Monk and Idol from here and they both say ok as well but not showing up in FG. Help.

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2015, 11:43
It sounds like par5e isn't creating the module. In other words the module isn't being updated becasue of an error somewhere. This means that although you are getting an 'Ok' message to say that the Barbarian has par5ed there is an error somewhere which you'll need to track down.