PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Subscription Question

warderbrad
September 25th, 2014, 15:58
Hello,
I am considering using FG for my online gaming group. I would like to get an answer to a question if possible. I notice that the Ultimate level has an option for a subscription. At 9.99 a month it is something I could afford, however I am wondering if I were to keep paying the subscription for 15 months would the license convert to a paid one as I would have paid the value of the license by then? If not is there another threshold that would result in this? I am hesitant to shell out so much money without being able to try it in actual game play as a GM. While the unlicensed version does allow you to try it, it is not a full test of functionality as I cannot run a game to see how it feels to run one.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

Trenloe
September 25th, 2014, 16:17
The subscription doesn't contribute to a period/level where you then get the product permanently. Your best bet would be try it for one month and if you find you and your group like it to then pick up the permanent ultimate or work out a full/lite combination for your group. Obviously this costs you $10 more in the long run, but it will give you the chance for you and your group to try it out at a much lower initial investment.

ddavison
September 25th, 2014, 16:22
Hello,
I am considering using FG for my online gaming group. I would like to get an answer to a question if possible. I notice that the Ultimate level has an option for a subscription. At 9.99 a month it is something I could afford, however I am wondering if I were to keep paying the subscription for 15 months would the license convert to a paid one as I would have paid the value of the license by then? If not is there another threshold that would result in this? I am hesitant to shell out so much money without being able to try it in actual game play as a GM. While the unlicensed version does allow you to try it, it is not a full test of functionality as I cannot run a game to see how it feels to run one.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

Hello Warderbrad,

The subscription is a monthly fee for usage with no commitment or contract. You can cancel any time you want, but the monthly fees paid do not accrue towards a purchase of the one-time Ultimate License. If you are in the U.S., note that Paypal also offers a 6-month no interest finance option on any purchase over $99.