PDA

View Full Version : Disclaimer

El Condoro
September 24th, 2014, 10:04
Just noticed this disclaimer in the front of the Player's Handbook:

Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, "Are you really sure?"

I guess that means my action against them for what my DM did to our party last week is going to be thrown out of court! :)

Nice one, WoTC, good to see some humour!

Irondrake
September 25th, 2014, 19:45
The one in the Monster Manual was funny too. I read it on the web, haven't actually gotten ahold of the MM yet :/

Manchine
September 25th, 2014, 22:06
Hahaha!

yondar
September 25th, 2014, 22:49
The Monster Manual Disclaimer -

Disclaimer: Any similarities between monsters depicted in this book and monsters that actually exist are purely coincidental. That goes double for mind flayers, which absolutely, utterly, and completely do not exist, nor do they secretly run the D&D team. Do we really need a disclaimer to tell you that? You shouldn't use your brain to consider such irrational thoughts. They only make the mind cluttered, confused, and unpleasantly chewy. A good brain is nice, tender, and barely used. Go ahead, put down this book and watch some reality TV or Internet cat videos. They're really funny these days. You won't regret it. We say this only because we love you and your juicy, succulent gamer brain.

El Condoro
September 25th, 2014, 23:40
There's another on the inside front cover of HotDQ, too - I haven't got it with me ATM.

Manchine
September 26th, 2014, 00:15
Its smaller in Hoard of the Dragon Queen but it says

Disclaimer: The following adventure contains chromatic dragons. Wizards of the coast cannot b held liable for characters who are incinerated, dissolved, frozen, poisoned or electrocuted.