PDA

View Full Version : Chase Deck tracker

Coanunn
September 23rd, 2014, 23:10
I am on the cusp of launching a Kickstarter to create a system agnostic set of chase card decks. Each character involved in a chase makes a roll based on the type of chase at the start of each round, are dealt a hand of cards they can choose to play or discard (some cards allow the user to hold them), take an action and then pass the turn to the next player. The functionality is based loosely around the Savage Worlds chase mechanic so I assume the chase tracker from it could be used to run a similar system. My concern is whether this is something that could be added to Fantasy Grounds and if so how difficult it is thought the task of adding it would be for the existing rulesets as again it is system agnostic. I'm considering adding a stretch goal to include Fantasy Grounds support so need a clear idea of how much I should consider budgeting (time and perhaps the hiring of a coder if necessary). Any feedback would be appreciated.

damned
September 24th, 2014, 01:48
At its crudest level a table with the cards attached will allow you to hand out the cards. I believe there is an issue though with the players sharing the cards to others (either playing them or passing them) in that only the node owner can share and the node owner would always be GM? something like that anyway. i would love to see this type of extension get developed as there are many other games that could utilise this type of mechanic/resource.
Im not your man though :(

Mask_of_winter
September 24th, 2014, 02:02
The Deadlands Reloaded extension for Savage Worlds has a poker table. So the possibility is there.

Ikael
September 24th, 2014, 08:12
At its crudest level a table with the cards attached will allow you to hand out the cards. I believe there is an issue though with the players sharing the cards to others (either playing them or passing them) in that only the node owner can share and the node owner would always be GM? something like that anyway. i would love to see this type of extension get developed as there are many other games that could utilise this type of mechanic/resource.
Im not your man though :(

In SavageWorlds v4.0 card hand was revised to allow more flexible card handling, ie. cards can be given from one hand to another by just dragging and dropping it. Cards can also be returned back to deck by dropping it on the decktool or you can assign combat initiative by dropping your card in CT. This is initial baseline what you are talking about I believe. Still player's card hands are not shared but it's doable.

damned
September 24th, 2014, 08:21
you must not get sidetracked!
one major hobby project at a time is enough - two might see neither progress or you move to the doghouse!

Coanunn
September 24th, 2014, 13:46
you must not get sidetracked!
one major hobby project at a time is enough - two might see neither progress or you move to the doghouse!

I can't agree more! That said, it sounds like I might talk to you AFTER you finish version 4. Thanks for the replies guys!