PDA

View Full Version : module tokens

AKABigBlack
September 19th, 2014, 03:37
is there any way to get tokens from a module down to the connecting players? what was the use of purchasing 5 heroic character packs if the players can't access them? everything i've seen(after downloading) states that module tokens are treated as being in the GM folder and as such hidden from players. did i just waste $25?!?

damned
September 19th, 2014, 04:04
there are a few ways for you to do this - you can place the tokens in your shared tokens folder or you can assign the tokens to the players by opening their character sheets up and dragging the tokens in (this is what I normally do).

darrenan
September 19th, 2014, 04:05
If it's a module, you can open up the library and set the module to force load (if you want them to always have it loaded) or allowed (if it's optional).

AKABigBlack
September 19th, 2014, 04:06
putting the module in the shared folder did nothing for us. i see the second option as a solution, but the individual players should be able to look at them first to make a decision. just seems like a big flaw to me...

AKABigBlack
September 19th, 2014, 04:12
darrenan, we tried this. no results...

Trenloe
September 19th, 2014, 04:17
What ruleset are you using?

Primarily, tokens are a GM resource, portraits are usually a player resource.

The GM can assign tokens to PCs - so their characters can use them.

If you want to actually share tokens with the players you'll need to open the token module and copy the token image files into the \tokens\shared folder on the GM computer.

AKABigBlack
September 19th, 2014, 04:18
thanks Trenloe! question: the modules have the .mod extension. what do we need to change the extension to to extract the actual token images?

AKABigBlack
September 19th, 2014, 04:36
i got it! it's been a while since i created a .mod file, but the answer finally occurred to me.

damned
September 19th, 2014, 05:47
AKABigBlack - post the answer for the next person :)

.mod files are actually .zip files so you can open them with 7zip or winzip or you can rename them to .zip and open with windows explorer

it would be nice to be able to drag from a module into the Shared and GM folders....