PDA

View Full Version : Formatted Notes

Trenloe
September 19th, 2014, 00:56
I've thrown together a very quick extension that changes the campaign notes field to be a formattedtext control:

Put this in your <FG App Data>\extensions folder and select "Formatted Notes (M and M)" from the extensions list when loading a campaign. Download at the bottom of this post.

Note: This will only work with campaigns that don't have notes already as it changes the underlying database node type and so trying to open notes from a campaign without the extension will raise errors. If you're up to a bit of XML editing you can fix this yourself - within the <notes> section only of the campaign db.xml (or a module); replace <text type="string"> with <text type="formattedtext">

Some more info and a screenshot (not from M&M) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20555-Formatted-Player-Notes

Technical Info

Ruleset tag used: none.
Mutants and Masterminds v3: beta 1
Code changed: <windowclass name="note"> copied from campaign\campaign_notes.xml. <stringfield name="text"> changed to <formattedtextfield name="text"> copied from campaign_story.xml

viresanimi
September 20th, 2014, 02:38
I had a go at testing this earlier today with a player of mine. Took a little getting used to, since M&M needs the GM to manually update the notes, if I put anything into them for the players. But once I figured that out, it seems to be working just fine.

Thanks for putting this together for me. Much appreciated!

Vires Animi