PDA

View Full Version : Top Down Tokens.

The Dungeon
September 17th, 2014, 12:31
As I was messing around with portraits I though I would have ago with top down characters, that may? or may not be helpful to the community 7461 I'll do more if you find this type of character useful. let me know in the comments if so.

Almost forgot this character is a male fighter with long sword and small buckler some thing you may start out with as an adventurer.

Valarian
September 17th, 2014, 13:02
Very nice. I like top-down and the hand-drawn style looks very clear.

One slight pedantic note would be that the buckler seems a little far back. It looks as though it's strapped to the wrist rather than held in the fist. Until you get to the heater style (classic shield shape) or tower shields (Roman legionary), shields are held by a bar in the shield boss. They aren't strapped to the arm.

The Dungeon
September 17th, 2014, 15:02
Yes of course you are right, I didn't look up the buckler till after I wrote the message and posted the token I'll will have to check in future before I do anything.

I'm glad you liked it anyway, and I could remove the fingers from the hand that may give it a better look, but it may make the arm look short, but either way I will look into it and change where needed. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

GunnarGreybeard
September 17th, 2014, 15:21
Nice work. One can never have enough top down tokens.

The Dungeon
September 17th, 2014, 15:55
Thank you. GunnarGreybeard then I will do a lot more, so keep one Eye open for tokens/ portraits / maps.

Tiqon
September 17th, 2014, 17:57
I'm with GunnarGreybeard here :). I like it, and you can never get to many topdown tokens ;). Now go make some more :P. WE NEED MOAR!

The Dungeon
September 17th, 2014, 21:33
OK here is another one, a female fighter with a mace and shield 7467 will do more.

The Dungeon
September 18th, 2014, 01:18
One more before I head of to bed A Dwarf Landlord 7468 this ones for all them GM who need a Tavern Rumor to be spread about.

The Dungeon
September 18th, 2014, 11:01
OK this time a wizard A top down view of my icon wizard let me know what you think of it 7469

ballan4
September 18th, 2014, 11:07
Those are awesome! keep up the good work!

I just wish I had some artistic ability.

The Dungeon
September 18th, 2014, 11:34
Thank you Ballan your to kind, there are a lot better people out there than me. I'm just a rank amateur who just loves to draw I always wish I could draw better too.

The Dungeon
September 18th, 2014, 12:48
Well I thought it was Time to do a monster so what is the typical first monster normally this. Hope you like it.7470

The Dungeon
September 18th, 2014, 23:57
Found time to do this one as well as the skeleton today 7474 a warrior Dwarf with Axe and some lite Armour. let me know what you think, but be nice OK.

The Dungeon
September 21st, 2014, 01:24
Back on with the tokens for a while and here's a monster 7487 hope you can find a use for this fantasy spider. it's 100 x 100px alpha clear and tested on my demo version of Fantasy grounds.

Also is there away I can find out if there being down loaded, so I know if I'm not wasting my time putting these up?.

damned
September 21st, 2014, 03:04
i dont think there is a way to measure downloads.
its entirely up to you of course but there are a lot of top down monster tokens out there already - there is always room for more.
im enjoying your portraits more :)

Trenloe
September 21st, 2014, 03:07
Also is there away I can find out if there being down loaded, so I know if I'm not wasting my time putting these up?.
Attach them as files, not as images. Press the "Go Advanced" button to the bottom right of the edit post window when you're writing a reply - this will then show the attachment button above the window (a paper clip). Just add the attachment to the pop up window (a maximum of 5 per post), do not add it directly to the thread. Then the attachments will all be listed at the bottom of the post (only visible one you save the post) and it will give a list of "views" for each attachment.

You can see an example of this in the first post of this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21551-Pathfinder-Bestiary-4-OGL-Module

The Dungeon
September 27th, 2014, 00:37
Thanks Trenloe, that good to know, and will do so from now on.

The Dungeon
October 17th, 2014, 10:03
Been very busy working on my Isometric character tokens and have just done a Orc which has turned out quiet good, and will be on my site along with a few new bits and pieces that I have been working on in the last few days and getting quiet a lot of views too, no sales at yet, but I guess it will take time for people to go full on with this Idea but one lives in hope that it will take off one day.