PDA

View Full Version : Are there Many people playing in Australian Timezone

Dunderklumpen
September 15th, 2014, 04:58
Hi all,

FantasyGrounds sounds like a really good idea, and I thought I give it a go by playing a couple of games at the upcoming fg-con.

I'm a player without a group, so I'd be looking to find games or join are suitable in the Australian timezone GMT+10.

Are there many people using FG in that timezone?

Willot
September 15th, 2014, 05:30
There are a few of us Australian and NZ

damned
September 15th, 2014, 06:35
Hey - the number of Aussies (and Kiwis and players in Asia) is growing.
You really still need to suggest what times you are looking to play - eg you might work nights and want to play mornings and that would then suit many US games :)

You will not find lots of games posted in AUS evening time slots. The majority of active FG players and GMs tend to find a group and stick with it and then just refresh as needed... much like in real life. There are not so many one shot or pickup games going on. However do what you have done above (but post a bit more info, types of games, days of week, hours of availability) and also make sure you are checking what GMs are posting games too.

Introduce yourself at your FG Con events and let people know you are looking for ongoing games. Dont be shy. My group is currently full - I have 7 players but usually have 4-5 in a session.

regards
Damian

ianmward
September 15th, 2014, 06:46
Hi Dunderklumpen,

I am in Sydney. What sort of game are you looking for? What systems do you play?

Valarian
September 15th, 2014, 06:51
I'm looking at running a Friday night game of Yggdrasill that might suit an early Saturday morning, if you're in the mood for a game before breakfast.

Dunderklumpen
September 15th, 2014, 12:41
Hey - the number of Aussies (and Kiwis and players in Asia) is growing.
You really still need to suggest what times you are looking to play - eg you might work nights and want to play mornings and that would then suit many US games :)

You will not find lots of games posted in AUS evening time slots. The majority of active FG players and GMs tend to find a group and stick with it and then just refresh as needed... much like in real life. There are not so many one shot or pickup games going on. However do what you have done above (but post a bit more info, types of games, days of week, hours of availability) and also make sure you are checking what GMs are posting games too.

Introduce yourself at your FG Con events and let people know you are looking for ongoing games. Dont be shy. My group is currently full - I have 7 players but usually have 4-5 in a session.

regards
Damian

Thanks Damian, I've signed up for a couple of games in a suitable timeslot during FG Con. I hoping it will be fun.

I work full time, but have most of my evenings free, so Week nights in GMT+10 would be OK as would Sat-Sunday afternoons going into evenings.

Hi Dunderklumpen,

I am in Sydney. What sort of game are you looking for? What systems do you play?

I've been out of role playing for a while, so I've lost touch with most of the systems. I generally tend to favour games that are more to do with story telling than a more war-gamey style thing.

If you've got something with some space, I'd love to hear about it. I'd be happy to play just about anything, although other players might have to be tolerant of some rules ignorance from me.

Its probably worth mentioning that I picked up D&D when I was a kid in 1979, so I'm getting on in rpg years.

I'm looking at running a Friday night game of Yggdrasill that might suit an early Saturday morning, if you're in the mood for a game before breakfast

Thanks for the offer Valarian, but Saturday mornings is a pretty bad time. I'm usually trying to get most stuff done for the weekend (or recovering from a Friday evening).

phantomwhale
September 16th, 2014, 01:09
I'm a Melbourne user, although being an ex-pat, I admittedly often end up playing with old friends from the UK (this means some early bed times on Friday nights, but that's not always a bad thing... plus waking up to role-playing games is kinda fun)

If anyone's Melbourne based, I'm also starting up a face-to-face RPG night in the city too... (PM me)