PDA

View Full Version : Vague-ish Party Sheet bug report in C&C

dr_venture
September 13th, 2014, 19:19
Was distributing items from the party sheet to characters last night. On 2 occasions, as GM, I copied an item from the party sheet to a character, and the chat log showed that an item with a blank name had been transferred to the character. When I investigated further, I found that the transferred item had been deleted from the party sheet, and a new empty item had been created in the character's inventory... resulting in essentially the deletion of the item and all it's details. One was a stock item (I think) from the PHB, and one highly customized item created in the C&C ruleset. They were each dragged to different characters. All other items transferred correctly, and other items were successfully transferred to the characters in question (i.e., it doesn't appear to be a problem specific to certain characters). I'll try to recover the on custom item from the XML in the backup database and post below.

Let me know if I can provide further details, and I'll try to do so.

JohnD
September 14th, 2014, 00:22
In my game last night I transferred two unidentified items from the Party Sheet to characters - when I as CK viewed their inventory, they showed the identified names, but the players could still just see the general unidentified name.

dr_venture
September 14th, 2014, 21:13
I just realized that the highly customized item I mentioned above may have been created in the previous version of the C&C ruleset. Or maybe the XML for it was copied in from an older campaign... not sure. It definitely copied into teh Party Sheet from teh character sheet with no problem. Also, I'm pretty certain the Composite Bow was a standard item that originated in the current C&C ruleset.

Just throwing in the info to keep in mind if more instances of this bug turn up.

Moon Wizard
September 15th, 2014, 23:49
I haven't heard this before, and the item transfer code is shared among all the CoreRPG rulesets.

Any chance you can recreate this for me?

Thanks,
JPG

phantomwhale
September 16th, 2014, 01:05
I had a look too, and couldn't recreate. Must admit, I've had a little frustration with some item stuff around the "identified" state / creating them on the fly, and was going to look at what could be done to improve this for me (and everyone else too, of course).

Stuck into the big Savage Worlds upgrade at the moment though !

Moon Wizard
September 16th, 2014, 01:21
Let me know what logic you come up with on that. If the item identification feature is "On", then the default state of any newly created "item" is not identified. The only time items are automatically identified is when reference equipment/weapons/armor from the rulebooks are added to the character sheet, party sheet or parcels.

Cheers,
JPG