PDA

View Full Version : NPC Skills

RevenantBob
September 13th, 2014, 08:56
How do you setup NPC skills again to be able to Drag roll them? I thought it was simply <name>-##; Like "Swords-15;" but trying to drag it just drags the window.

saithan
September 13th, 2014, 09:31
skillname-(#);

RevenantBob
September 13th, 2014, 09:44
Thanks much!

I wish Fantasy Grounds let the GM speak with the token image they are impersonating like Maptool does.

RevenantBob
September 13th, 2014, 09:54
How do effects work? Is there documentation on that feature?

saithan
September 13th, 2014, 15:49
the effects are simple. An example I use it for is like drugged, so I make an effect named poison/drugged the number box with the cycle symbol represents the amount of rounds the effect of the drug lasts maybe 10 rounds (slight disorienting agent) the other number box represents the increments counted down each round. then by placing the effect on a PC the count down begins and lets you (the GM) know when the effect expires. since many of GURPS conditions are by turn I use this mostly to help with environmental effects and passing conditions in a combat scene. though it is rare that I even use it.

RevenantBob
September 13th, 2014, 19:33
Last question, NPC description. When does this become available for viewing to players?

saithan
September 13th, 2014, 20:32
just share the npc with the player you want.

RevenantBob
September 13th, 2014, 21:52
That shows all the stats too, unfortunately.

saithan
September 13th, 2014, 22:05
I do not understand why you would want to just share the description. when you can box text it and send it to the chat at will.

RevenantBob
September 14th, 2014, 18:01
True. Just being a little compulsive in that the ability to edit and format text makes me want to be able to share it formatted to users :) I'll be okay.