PDA

View Full Version : Module Creation broadcast Twitch.tv

Mgrancey
September 11th, 2014, 07:06
I have a RL convention Sept 19th-20th, and I like to use Fantasy Grounds as to manage the modules, it makes it alot easier I find. The rulesset I will be creating for is PATHFINDER, I have the modules sketched out and from here I will need to construct it inside FG. I have seen people asking about setting up the GM (behind the scenes, parts of FG) content and to help out I am going to stream my methodology.

I will be getting on around 10 AM (US East Coast) on Saturday and Sunday and will be streaming and taking questions through Twitch.tv (https://www.twitch.tv/mgrancey). I won't be using a VOIP, as I like to listen to music while working. I haven't done this before so some patience will probably be necessary. Any questions that you would wish to submit ahead of time I can put see about answering.

https://www.twitch.tv/mgrancey

If interest is still there I will do Running Q&A's as well in future.

ddavison
September 11th, 2014, 14:46
Thanks MGrancey. Post a link to your Twitch channel here so people can follow along if they want.

From what I've read online, most people suggest providing audio commentary as opposed to simply having a game or program running in the background. I think that a lot of streaming software has the ability to include the microphone content without including the audio you are listening to over headphones. I could be wrong... but that is my understanding so far.

Arborhawk
September 11th, 2014, 23:18
ddavison is 100% right on the Audio aspect. Just watching a silent stream is deadly dull. Remember that streaming is entertainment. There is also Chat to deal with. It kinda sounds like you don't plan on having a second monitor to view the Stream ( Chat ). It seems to me like this would be better as a YouTube video, with explanatory text added.

Mgrancey
September 12th, 2014, 01:39
Sorry, I guess my explanation wasn't as clear as I thought it was, but yesterday was a very long day.

I will be talking, explaining what and why I am doing stuff and answering questions posted either ahead of time or during the broadcast from twitch chat. I will have a 2nd screen for keeping an eye on the broadcast, chat from Twitch for questions, and music.

I won't be in Teamspeak, on Skype, or other similar VOIP programs taking questions and talking with people. I will be listening to music through my headset and talking into the mic from my headset, though I should be the only one to hear what I am playing. The reason for this is that I am explaining and doing Q&A on setting up a campaign and that is an integral part of my methodology as the type of music I am listening to is matched to what I am working on, discussion and scene descriptions get instrumental, monsters and combat encounters tend towards rock and more aggressive/passionate music, etc.

The way I see it going is once I start, I will explain about the setup I am doing for the campaign. Starting in the lobby, going over the extensions I will or won't have activated, and answer any questions at that point.

Enter FG and start the setup for the campaign, explaining what I am doing and answering any questions that are posted in the chat.

ddavison
September 12th, 2014, 03:59
That should still work fine. Sorry, I misunderstood the original and thought it was going to be a quiet recording.