PDA

View Full Version : Unrequired Campaign Tools

damned
September 8th, 2014, 15:09
If I wanted to remove (hide) some Campaign tools in a CoreRPG ruleset would that break anything?
How would I go about that? I dont want to edit any CoreRPG files directly...?

Ikael
September 8th, 2014, 15:48
If you would just hide them it would not break anything. You could check if DesktopManager has some unregisterX functions. Shortcuts and Dock books are all registered with DesktopManager. I don't have CoreRPG codes with me now so I cannot give detailed answer. If such function does not exist I would request it from MoonWizard

Trenloe
September 8th, 2014, 16:21
The shortcuts are all registered in desktop\scripts\desktop.lua in the buildDesktop() function using the DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut2 for the little grey buttons and DesktopManager.registerDockShortcut2 for the large shield buttons. Comment out/remove the ones you don't want to display.

There are 3 sections in this function, controlled by User.isLocal() (running in Manage Characters mode) and User.isHost() (the GM side) and neither of these (the player side). You can use this to display/hide some shortcuts on specific dekstops (GM or Player usually).

damned
September 22nd, 2014, 13:42
man i wish i found this thread again before i asked publicly how to put these back in again!
facepalm.