PDA

View Full Version : Ikael's extensions for Savage Worlds 4 testing

Ikael
September 5th, 2014, 20:53
As some of you might already know we are about to release SW4, which is (according to me and the changelog) the biggest update since release of the ruleset itself. The ruleset is not published yet, but there is possibility to playtest it if you use TEST or DEV modes.

I have updated my SW extensions for those brave souls who are here to help us testing and debugging it (by using it). One major note is that 90% content of Enhanced SW extension codes are now migrated into the ruleset itself and the only remaining Enhanced extensiosn you might want to use it: Enhanced Desktop & Enhanced Library. Ok, Enhanced Images is another one, but due to lack of personal interest I have not included it here. Anyways, at some point I will get CoreRPG Enhanced Images extension and make it compatible with SW, but do not expect that happen soon.

So here we have few extensions...

Note: SW4_to_SW3 extension provides you way to revert your campaign back to SavageWorlds3 version. Please note that if you plan to do SW4 testing please BACKUP your campaign before that! We don't promise everything to work out-of-the-box at this stage

EDIT: Find SW4 compatible Enhanced Extension from this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions).

Ikael
September 5th, 2014, 20:53
EDIT: Extension removed

Ikael
September 5th, 2014, 21:01
Spoilers ahead, changelog of SW4

EDIT: See other thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22583-Savage-Worlds-v4-0-now-in-TEST-get-involved-with-our-testing-!)

damned
September 6th, 2014, 02:03
Seriously Ikael - you and anyone else that is working on this project - massive Kudos to you all!
Massive task - especially because of teh amount of additional SW stuff out there!

Ikael
September 6th, 2014, 17:53
Seriously Ikael - you and anyone else that is working on this project - massive Kudos to you all!
Massive task - especially because of teh amount of additional SW stuff out there!

Thanks, this project has taken lots of time, but personally I am very happy about the output and all neat functionality we were able to put together.

As side note: Enhanced Desktop v1.4 extension was included as it offers new feature: Raise Calculator.

Mask_of_winter
September 7th, 2014, 00:27
As side note: Enhanced Desktop v1.4 extension was included as it offers new feature: Raise Calculator.

Yes!!! I will no longer have to count out loud and sound stupid!!! lol

... wait, I'll still sound stupid but won't have to count the number of raises :D

ianmward
September 7th, 2014, 00:38
Fantastic! I have already started playing with it and it looks great. I haven't found any problems yet and my extension just works.

Massive thanks for this!!

Ikael
September 11th, 2014, 19:28
Here are few screenshots to demonstrate why it's good idea to bring SW ruleset into CoreRPG. ~ I haven't done any real work here, just copy-pasted existing CoreRPG and 4E etc graphics into extension and made it SW compatible.

Ikael
September 11th, 2014, 19:28
I have five new themes for Savage Worlds:

CoreRPG

4E

4E Metal

4E Dungeon

4E Wood

If you are testing SW4 and would like to see these themes in action, let me know. I was not able to post them here as attachment.

Coanunn
September 11th, 2014, 19:54
Heh, I activated demo mode last night and frankly I'm still learning too much to know what is changed immediately. That said, I am really looking forward to a lot of the changes being discussed! Looking forward to creating a custom skin for each of my campaigns too!

Ikael
September 13th, 2014, 20:14
I have uploaded new version of Enhanced Deskop and Library extension. See the first post. These are still SW4-only compatible. In case of Enhanced Library, nothing major was done, just font fixing and ranged weapon creation had small bug which prevented displaying weights in lists.

In Enhanced Desktop, this update was to improve Raise Calculator even more. You can enable this tool by setting Raise Calculator option to ON. This will make the tool visible in desktop and it has two fields: Target and Score. Target field is for setting up what is the target number die should result to be success. By default this is 4. Score field is the die's result. You can populate these fields in following ways: Drag-and-drop numbers OR alternatively double-clicking or middle-mouse clicking any number in CT/NPC/PC Sheet. If the number is any derived stat it will be assigned to target field, otherwise it will be set to score field.

+ I uploaded two experimental extensions here. First one will setup your options to use my personal preferences. The other one returns vehicle dock shortcut link to desktop.

Have fun.

Mask_of_winter
September 17th, 2014, 00:07
I love the Raise Calculator! This tool will see a lot of use and speed up game play tremendously for me.

Ikael
October 11th, 2014, 09:34
new version of SW Enhanced Desktop uploaded (1.4 build 4 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7690&stc=1&d=1413016365)) to provides features described in other post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22156-Hit-and-Damage-detection&p=189060&viewfull=1#post189060)

Ikael
October 11th, 2014, 16:26
Minor update on Enhanced Library extension (v1.4 build 4 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7695&d=1413041062)). Formattedtextfield's ALT-drag copy content supported in CoreRPG components

Ikael
October 27th, 2014, 22:48
Minor update to Enhanced Library extension.

New option provided for GM: "Show Paste Text Button" in Client section. When this option is turned ON a small button is rendered to each formatted textfields (for instance story, edge, hindrance, NPC description etc). When this button is clicked any text that you hold in your clipboard memory (from doing text copy) is appended to that given textfield as single paragraph. This pasting will fix any text double-spacing issues and add bold styling to leading text if it follows : character.

ShotGun Jolly
October 28th, 2014, 00:30
Oh, now this will be useful! Thanks!

Mask_of_winter
October 28th, 2014, 00:43
So does it recognize the paragraphs from the copied text or you still have to copy one paragraph at a time?

Ikael
October 28th, 2014, 05:14
So does it recognize the paragraphs from the copied text or you still have to copy one paragraph at a time?

Your copy paste becomes single paragraph. So yes, you need to copy paragraph at time. It's impossible to know source formating so this is the only way.

Dershem
November 7th, 2014, 01:54
When using the NPC maker I get the following: Script Error: [string "maketool.lua"]:44: attempt to index local 'sSource' (a nil value)

Dershem
November 7th, 2014, 14:31
Never mind was a pebcak.

Ikael
November 7th, 2014, 15:19
Never mind was a pebcak.

Quess your clipboard was empty :) Well this was good feedback, I will update the tool to report the situation instead of just throwing error

Von Stalhein
November 9th, 2014, 23:53
Ikael, I've just been testing all these extensions with the DEV-channel SW4 release, and I have to say that between these and the v4 improvements, the Savage Worlds ruleset is just fantastic. Absolutely mind-blowingly fantastic. Thank you for your hard work (and also to everyone else working on SW v4).

Ikael
November 10th, 2014, 15:17
Ikael, I've just been testing all these extensions with the DEV-channel SW4 release, and I have to say that between these and the v4 improvements, the Savage Worlds ruleset is just fantastic. Absolutely mind-blowingly fantastic. Thank you for your hard work (and also to everyone else working on SW v4).

Thanks for kind words :) We do our best to improve Savage Worlds ruleset

Minor update: SW NPC Maker v0.8 (build 7): Includes slightly better empty-clipboard error notification

Ikael
November 17th, 2014, 22:24
Thread updated to match current status of Savage Worlds v4.0. New versions uploaded. Note that you can download SW4 compatible Enhanced Extension from the other thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions). Currently only Enhanced Desktop and Enhanced Library extensions contains something new for SW4 ruleset.

Ikael
November 19th, 2014, 22:11
New extension added: Fear Penalties (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7957&stc=1&d=1416434910). This extension adds new damage type: Fear which will apply -1 penalty per level to all trait rolls. There is also an option to disable auto-apply fear penalties in preferences. This extension implements this requested feature: Fear Check Box on PC Sheet (https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=73798)