PDA

View Full Version : Dices gone missing

Galdrin
September 2nd, 2014, 15:34
Hi all,

In my last game all my dices disapered and nothing I did could get them back on my tabletop, rearaging Dices and so on did nothing since I just didn't have any Dices :).
As a GM it's a bit awkvard not to have access to dices so I wonder if it's happened to anyone else and if you managed to get your dices back without restarting FG? I had to restart FG at the end after having players Rolling the dices for me through the session.

Trenloe
September 2nd, 2014, 15:46
I've never seen this happen before. What ruleset were you using?

Usually if you resize the window - make it smaller first, the dice will be reset to the default positions.

But, if the dice completely disappeared, then it might be something up with your graphics card that stopped the 3D graphics appearing (only a guess here). Did any dice appear and roll when you double-clicked on a dice rolling field?

ddavison
September 2nd, 2014, 15:53
Right clicking on the desktop and choosing arrange dice will reset them to their default starting position. entering "/scaleui 90" will resize the ruleset graphics in your desktop and may help bring them into view if they are hidden for some reason. Barring that, you can always create dice macros as needed and drag them to the chat window. Just type in "/die 1d6" and drag to a hotkey for use and then you can pick up from there or further modify them.

Galdrin
September 2nd, 2014, 16:12
Rearranging Dices didn't help. Neither did entering/exiting windowed mode. Klicking the small dice symbol associated to skills/saves/attacks rolled the dice without problems and I saw the animation without problem but those dices "melt away" after the roll.

I was using PFRPG v 3.0.7 ruleset.

ddavison
September 2nd, 2014, 16:15
Next to the Arrange Dice Position is an option for Default Arrange Position. Did you try that and then Arrange Dice Position?

Galdrin
September 2nd, 2014, 16:33
I tried everything on that wheel except for the exit option, as GM I just had no dices after the players had logged on. I had them before anyone connected to my computer but when I needed the dices for the first time in the game there just wasn't any dices. I was jumping in and out between FG, Adobe reader and Microsoft Words but that has never caused any problems before.

Edit: learning the /die 1d6 takes care of the problem so I don't consider this a big problem, I just didn't want to kick everyone and restart FG if it happens again.

ddavison
September 2nd, 2014, 18:42
If it happens again, try to snap a screenshot and note the time. Maybe by looking at that and the console.log file in your appdata folder then it will give us some clues on what might be causing that for you. We haven't heard of anyone else having this particular issue.

Galdrin
September 2nd, 2014, 18:55
Sure, I will do that. Next game is first in 10 days but hopefully it happens again. And for the record I don't use any addons or extensions of any kind. Just the basic ruleset, a few modules and a Campaign I've created myself.

damned
September 3rd, 2014, 03:19
/die can be used with a lot of combinations too.
and if you have a common roll you are doing - type it into the chat window and dont press enter. drag it with your mouse on to the hotbar and you can then access it with a single click from the hotbar.

Lysander
September 3rd, 2014, 14:01
...of course, this takes up 6 hot key spaces... If you're like me, hot key spaces are at a premium. Even with Shift and Control for the +24...

damned
September 3rd, 2014, 14:25
...of course, this takes up 6 hot key spaces... If you're like me, hot key spaces are at a premium. Even with Shift and Control for the +24...

It might take up even more - certainly not ideal. just saying... its obviously a very unusual bug - no one ha reported it as far as anyone can remember...

damned
September 3rd, 2014, 14:26

It might take up even more - certainly not ideal. just saying... its obviously a very unusual bug - no one else has reported it as far as anyone can remember...

ddavison
September 3rd, 2014, 14:46
Yes, I wouldn't recommend running that way indefinitely. I propose it merely as a better solution than asking the players to roll for him for the remainder of the session.

Note that you can get up to 96 hotkeys by combining SHIFT, CTRL, ALT in various permutations. :)

Andraax
September 3rd, 2014, 15:08

Do you already have the "Ctrl-Shft", "Ctrl-Alt", and "Shft-Alt" ones filled? If so, there are also the "Ctrl-Shft-Alt" ones...

Galdrin
September 3rd, 2014, 19:39
Actually, I'll just stay with typing /die and what ever I need if the bug reapears, which I hope it will. My players really didn't understand me at first when I tried to explain that I hade no dices :)

damned
September 3rd, 2014, 22:56
Actually, I'll just stay with typing /die and what ever I need if the bug reapears, which I hope it will. My players really didn't understand me at first when I tried to explain that I hade no dices :)

of course they didnt understand. your the GM - you cant come to the game without Dice!