PDA

View Full Version : Monster AC on Combat Tracker

Von Stalhein
September 1st, 2014, 00:03
Is there any way to enter flat-footed and touch ACs in monster records so they show up on the combat tracker? The CT has fields for AC, -Dex and Tch, but I can't figure out how to encode their values in a creature/personality entry.

Also, on bugs, it appears the auto-initiative rolls don't take account of a PC's initiative bonus.

Andraax
September 1st, 2014, 02:23
Is there any way to enter flat-footed and touch ACs in monster records so they show up on the combat tracker? The CT has fields for AC, -Dex and Tch, but I can't figure out how to encode their values in a creature/personality entry.

Also, on bugs, it appears the auto-initiative rolls don't take account of a PC's initiative bonus.

Tch should already be set automatically. I think that -Dex also gets set automatically, but only for NPCs that are "Character" type NPCs with a Dex stat set (it doesn't make sense for creatures). And I'm pretty sure that the PC's initiative had their bonuses when we played last weekend... I will test both of those later.

Von Stalhein
September 2nd, 2014, 22:54
Thanks. Having carefully re-read my PHB on the subject, I agree that the monster ACs are working as expected. I re-tested and I think that when the CT auto-rolls PC initiatives it omits their bonuses. It's a very minor bug since I get them to roll their own initiative anyway!

Andraax
September 2nd, 2014, 23:57
I re-tested and I think that when the CT auto-rolls PC initiatives it omits their bonuses. It's a very minor bug since I get them to roll their own initiative anyway!

Yeah, I've never used the "Roll PC Initiatives" from the CT menu anyway. I always get the PC to roll their own, and if I need to roll one (if they've gone AFK for some reason) I just pop up their character sheet and roll it from there anyway. But you're right - it looks like it's not adding in their bonuses when done that way.