PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Issues

Kurinitus
August 29th, 2014, 23:14
Greetings and Salutations!

I'm new on the board here and quite new with Fantasy Grounds, that aside I struck the idea of trying to make a custom calendar to fit my campaign, but I can't figure out how to change how it views weeks and days to work with how my campaign (a custom one). The Calendar is supposed to have have seven weeks with twelve days in each of them, but rather than the days going left to right, they go up and down. Yeah, a bit of a weird thing, but I've never been known to keep things simple. Keeping tracking of such things was easier with pen and pencil, but incorporating it into the FG system didn't work over too well... Does anyone have a good knowledge on calendars to make this possible or is it a loss cause?

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2014, 05:02
The calendar system built into FG makes several assumptions in order to best support multiple calendar systems with the least amount of complexity in the UI and for programming.

Changing the orientation of the days is not possible without writing your own calendar window. Of course, even though your calendar displays vertically, I'm assuming the days in the month are still sequential, so it won't matter other than visually.

You could attempt to modify the system to do something like this, but it will require overriding Lua and XML in an extension (an FG mod file).

Regards,
JPG