PDA

View Full Version : Attempt to call 'onTokenDelete' (a nil value) error

lokiare
August 29th, 2014, 08:38
4e rule set

Every time I delete a token I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:97: attempt to call field 'onTokenDelete' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:97: attempt to call field 'onTokenDelete' (a nil value)

Firstly I'd like to report the error, and secondly I'd like to know if there is a setting somewhere to suppress errors. This problem doesn't interfere with game play or anything at all. I'd just like to not see it every time I delete a monster.

Next I get the following error whenever I create an encounter and drag the tokens to the map:

Script Error: [string "battle_npcmaplink:token"]:1: attempt to call field 'getNPCSpaceReach' (a nil value)

Is there anything I can do to fix or suppress that error?

damned
August 29th, 2014, 11:31
what extensions have you got loaded?
does it do this in a new 4e campaign?
remove all tokens from the combat tracker and restart. Does it still happen?

lokiare
August 29th, 2014, 16:18
what extensions have you got loaded?

I've got advanced images, dungeon background, shop and I think that's it.

does it do this in a new 4e campaign?

Yes.

remove all tokens from the combat tracker and restart. Does it still happen?

Yes. It happens on a new campaign which means I have nothing loaded.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2014, 16:35
Yes. It happens on a new campaign which means I have nothing loaded.
You have no extensions loaded when you try it in a new campaign?

The error your seeing sounds like you're running an old version of the enhanced images extension - please update to the latest and retest.

Most extensions use copies of sections of code from a FG ruleset. This means that when FG updates to a new ruleset, older extensions can be broken/break some functions in FG and need to be updated to use the most recent FG ruleset code.

The golden rule when getting script errors like these is:

Check if you have any extensions enabled. If you do, try to recreate the issue in a brand new campaign with no extensions enabled. This will help to identify if the issue is in the base ruleset or might be caused by an extension or campaign data. If the issue occurs within the base ruleset (a new campaign with no extensions loaded) then post in the House of Healing forum with details of the issue (like you have here).
If you do have extensions enabled for your campaign, check the relevant extension development pages to see if there is an updated extension and use that.
If, after updating your extensions, the error still occurs remove each extensions one-by-one and restest. This will help to identify which extension is causing the issue. If you identify an extension that is causing an issue and there is no updated extension, let the extension developer know - there will usually be a forum thread for the specific extension.
If, after removing all extensions the issue still occurs (and it doesn't occur in a brand new campaign for the same ruleset) then post in the House of Healing thread saying that the issue just occurs for a specific campaign - be prepared to provide your campaign files for further debugging.

The above process is especially important after a FG version update.

I'd suggest you check the extensions pages for all of the extensions you use and see if there is a version updated to FG 3.0.7.

Griogre
August 29th, 2014, 19:19
If you can identify which extension is creating the problem please let the extension creator know if you find there is not an update.

lokiare
August 29th, 2014, 19:31
Where can I find the most recent version of enhanced images?

Griogre
August 29th, 2014, 19:45
Its listed in the list of CoreRPG extensions which is a sticky. The actual thread is: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-%28layers%29-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-%28and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG%29

lokiare
August 30th, 2014, 09:45
Updating the enhanced images extension removed the errors.

I was under the impression that it would update automatically with fantasy grounds, apparently I was wrong.

damned
August 30th, 2014, 09:54
only bought stuff updates AFAIK....