PDA

View Full Version : Licensing/Module Question

Hezekiah
August 28th, 2014, 18:41
So I was wondering: If I buy the ultimate license to run, and then buy a module like Savage Worlds/Deadlands, do all of the players need to buy the modules as well, or can they join me and everything will be avaliable?

Trenloe
August 28th, 2014, 18:46
Everything will be available when they join the GM session you are running. To be more precise, you decide what modules will be shared with the players using the module availability settings within the FG campaign: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Availability

Outside of your campaign the players won't have access to things like the players guide and other library modules - unless they purchase the products themselves. But, inside your game they don't need to have purchased anything - you share with them what you wish and the base ruleset is shared when they connect.

ballan4
August 29th, 2014, 00:02
Also to help clarify, you don't need an ultimate license to GM, a standard license will work just fine.

Doswelk
September 1st, 2014, 06:47
Technically the players wouldn't need to buy anything, they can just use the unlicensed version of FG if you bought the Ultimate version.