PDA

View Full Version : PAR5E Tutorial

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Varsuuk
May 26th, 2016, 05:01
wish there was a Notepad++ for my MacBook

I usually use parse on my Windows desktop but when I am working on my own arse tool I use MacBook so can code-as-I-go throughout day.

text wrangler is meh.

Nylanfs
May 26th, 2016, 14:04
What about a java based editor like jEdit?

Manahtar
May 26th, 2016, 18:05
Hey guys, small, maybe dumb question, how do i add a thumbnail for my module? i have a thumbnail.png image on my "images" folder, but it isn't showing when it par5es, does it need to be a specific size? thanks in advance

magnusprime27
May 26th, 2016, 18:54
Goes n module folder as thumbnail.png. ..so if curse of strand, it would go n curse of strand folder n par5e

Manahtar
May 26th, 2016, 19:56
not inside the input folder? just inside the module global folder?

Zacchaeus
May 26th, 2016, 20:00
Hi Manahtar and welcome to FG and to the Community.

Yes, the Thumbnail.png should go in your working folder at the same level as the input folder. So as magnusprime says in his example curseofstrahd/Thumbnail.png. Note that it should be spelled the same as I have written it here.

Manahtar
May 26th, 2016, 22:35
Thanks a lot guys :), the capital letter was an issue, solved now

magnusprime27
May 27th, 2016, 03:33
In creating the class file, I created the cleric without a hitch,
For the rest does thier order in the txt file matter

damned
May 27th, 2016, 05:05
If you mean class order - bard, rogue, barbarian, etc - no.
If you mean the order of things within the class - yes.

magnusprime27
May 27th, 2016, 06:34
Par5e says barbarian is OK and no apparent errors but doesn't show n fantasy grounds.
I've closed and reopened fg the mod but nothin

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2016, 08:53
Even though it seems to par5e ok there will be an error there somewhere. Probably a very subtle one like a missing full stop, or space or semi colon. Or one too many dots, spaces or semicolons. Or an incorrectl markup such as #fe instead of #fe; Maybe also an incomplete list entry - there are many possibilities. All you can do is check it line by line until you hunt down the culprit.

magnusprime27
May 27th, 2016, 19:47
I followed Jason's (xorn) video tutorial and cleric came out perfect
I did barbarian the same exact way
I used #abh;primal path
#ab;totem warrior
#abf;.......;3
...I've gone Thu n can't see anything missing.
Do the paths/archetypes get done differently the clerics domain?

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2016, 19:50
I've sent you a PM.

magnusprime27
May 30th, 2016, 05:47
so far so good, starting monk now, and something occurred to me.....
SWORD COAST ADVENTURES.....
whats the best way to do the new archetypes n racial stuff in there?
I was thinking of maybe just adding them to this main phb but adding a note in (SCA)
or something like that...
any thoughts?

Zacchaeus
May 30th, 2016, 08:56
You can just add the archetypes into the class and add the racial stuff to the racial file; otherwise you'll need two books. Of course if you want the Sword Coast archetypes and racials to be optional you'll need to put them in two separate books.

magnusprime27
May 31st, 2016, 04:54
when doing classes or anything really does the header matter wether its caps or not? like say PATH OF THE BATTLERAGER?

so in classes im up to the paladin, and went back to add in stuff from sword coast adventures, and the clerics death domain and paladin oath breaker but they wont show up....?
any thoughts?

Zacchaeus
May 31st, 2016, 11:58
You'll have an error somewhere since I can't think of any reason why they shouldn't show up. Try just par5ing the Paladin; the error might be elsewhere. Do the same for the Cleric. Do a little at a time; check it par5es and then add a little more.

I don't think there is a difference between upper and lower case but there could be.

astromath
May 31st, 2016, 15:50
I'm par5ing the UA: Eberron article. The only problem I'm having is some decision-making. It's for the referencemanual.txt. If anybody out there has already done this, I need some suggestions. Basically, I'm having trouble with what to name the chapter for #@;, the subchapter (if any) for #!;, and the page title for ##;.

P.S. I haven't even started the the transcribing.

Zacchaeus
May 31st, 2016, 16:08
#@;Uneartherd Arcana Eberon
#!;Introduction
##;Welcome
#!;New Races
##;Introduction
##;Changeling
##;Shifter Traits
#h;Beasthide
#!;New Wizard Tradition
##;Introduction
##;Infuse Potions
etc

astromath
May 31st, 2016, 17:06
That helps a lot. Thx.

magnusprime27
May 31st, 2016, 23:19
up to paladin...
from the dmg and sword coast adventures guide, I added

barbarian: path of battlerager, elk/tiger to path of totem warrior,
cleric: arcana / death domain
fighter: purple dragon knight
monk: way of long death / way of the sun soul

and ive formatted and marked up right but none of it will show?
everything else from all the calasses from barbarian-monk show fine?

Edit: I figured it out, and alls good now...thanks for all the help.

Zacchaeus
June 1st, 2016, 11:22
Do tell us what the problem was and how you figured it out. It might be helpful for someone else :)

magnusprime27
June 1st, 2016, 13:04
Not entirely sure really.
For one I made all capped , lower case, I think the O's for oathbreajer barbarian were 0's and
I think what the problem was somewhere, I think n the monk or fighter from sword coast adv guide was a : instead of ;....
And the backgrounds from sword coast adv
We're all caps for headers n didn't Ike it so caps /lower case makes a difference I think

magnusprime27
June 1st, 2016, 20:16
so the sorcerers wild magic table...
its a d100
how do you handle the number ranges?
ex 1-2, 3-4 etc.?
do you just copy the same thing for 1 and 2?
Soo this?

d100 Effect
01-02 Roll on this table at the start of each of your turns for the next minute, ignoring this result on subsequent rolls.
or this?
d100 Effect
01 Roll on this table at the start of each of your turns for the next minute, ignoring this result on subsequent rolls.
02 Roll on this table at the start of each of your turns for the next minute, ignoring this result on subsequent rolls.

Zacchaeus
June 1st, 2016, 21:01
The first one. The format is
column;Result
dice;d100
row;1;2;Roll on this table
row;4;5;Do another thing
row;6;6;Do something else

Here's a link to the Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables) which shows you how tables are constructed. You should be able to work out from that what's needed in par5e.

magnusprime27
June 1st, 2016, 21:21
column;Result
dice;d100
row;4;5;Do another thing

Here's a link to the Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables) which shows you how tables are constructed. You should be able to work out from that what's needed in par5e.
I know how to do tables , I just didn't know if the 1-2, 3-4 etc would mess it up but now that I think of it it shouldn't be a problem but thanks as alwsys

lokiare
June 3rd, 2016, 20:38
I'm starting to use Par5E and I've found that opening the PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC and then exporting to office solves most of the formatting problems. I still have to do a find/replace for "- "->"" but other than that I haven't found any problems. The Word file it generates is horrible looking but you can select the text and its almost perfectly formatted.

My only real problem is that I can't figure out why Rogue won't add in. Also is there a way to add in just the archetypes and not any of the other class information except the class name and a short description?

Zacchaeus
June 3rd, 2016, 20:55
No you can't just have the archetypes. Par5e expects a certain minimum level of information in order to properly par5e the character. If you look at the instruction manual you'll see the minimum info in red. That isn't infallible but it is useful.

I can't help you with the rogue without further information on what the problem is; but check and double check everything. There will be an error there somewhere.

lokiare
June 3rd, 2016, 21:03
I sent you a PM with the appropriate info.

Zacchaeus
June 3rd, 2016, 21:08
I sent you a PM with the appropriate info.

And I replied :)

lokiare
June 3rd, 2016, 21:29
I was unable to find the error. Strangely I copied the previous class that worked perfectly and then copied and pasted each line from the Rogue class that I was trying to get working and without making any other changes that worked. I think next time I'm just going to clear out my output folder if I can't find the error.

magnusprime27
June 4th, 2016, 06:32
I had this problem a few times myself.
a few easy things to over look.....
this : instead of this :
this 0 instead of this O...

magnusprime27
June 4th, 2016, 06:41
#@;Uneartherd Arcana Eberon
#!;Introduction
##;Welcome
#!;New Races

Why wouldn't the article be done just like the phb ?

magnusprime27
June 4th, 2016, 08:33
column;Result
dice;d100
row;4;5;Do another thing

so does the table for wild surge have to go in the tables.txt or can it go n the class.txt ?

Zacchaeus
June 4th, 2016, 08:46
It goes in tables.txt - if you want a rollable table which seems to be what you want. If you just want to embed it in a class without being rollable then use the #ts;, #tr; #te; tags

magnusprime27
June 4th, 2016, 20:33
I figured out the table.....
made it rollable in the tables.txt n linked it in the right spot n the sorc archytype, sooo...
so far so good im getting the hang of things I think,

magnusprime27
June 4th, 2016, 23:04
I was unable to find the error. Strangely I copied the previous class that worked perfectly and then copied and pasted each line from the Rogue class that I was trying to get working and without making any other changes that worked. I think next time I'm just going to clear out my output folder if I can't find the error.

Did you ever have any luck with finding the error?
there been a few times when I got to a error and looked at it and looked at it and didn't see anything wrong, then got to a spot I wasn't even working on that was actually causing the problem...

astromath
June 5th, 2016, 04:12
I've been doing something different. I complete most of the module (well, at least half), then parse. When there's an error I then cut everything except the first section and paste it into an empty file. I parse that section. If no error, copy the next section from the new (unnamed) file to the working file, then parse again. I keep on doing this until I find the section with the error. When I do it this way, I find the error relatively quickly. The last thing I do is after I find and correct the error, I then copy and paste the remaining sections and parse.

magnusprime27
June 6th, 2016, 06:27
im having an odd issue with the warlock invocations....
this is what I have and it works fine with no problem...

#fe;Eldritch Invocations;2
In your...
At 2nd level,...
Additionally,
#bp;Invocations
If an eldritch invocation ...
<b>Agonizing Blast</b>
<i>Prerequisite</i>: eldritch blast cantrip
When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.

now heres the problem: it stops there...
when I try adding this...

<b>Armor of Shadows</b>
You can cast mage armor on yourself at-will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

it wont show up...?
the rest of the class is fully done and works with no problems.
im trying to add the rest but wont show past the first one? anyone else have this issue?

nevermind , im an idiot n figured it out

magnusprime27
June 6th, 2016, 06:37
heres my parse log.....

Make : tables windowlists .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Make : images (campaign) .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : tables (campaign) .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : images (reference) .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Make : tables (reference) .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Make : backgrounds (reference) .................................................. ........... [Completed]
Make : class (reference) .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : images (reference) .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Make : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Make : archive data .................................................. ...................... [Completed]
Make : module xml library entries .................................................. ........ [Completed]
Write : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Write : module xml syntax .................................................. ............... [Well Formed]
Write : module xml definition .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module images .................................................. ...... [Failed - WARNING] ...... What does this mean? the only images I have are the class ones
and are in the right input folder in par5e.. should something be
in the fg folder somewhere too?

Zacchaeus
June 6th, 2016, 08:59
There's something wrong with an image. Try deleting the output folder. If that doesn't work then try par5ing with just one image and then another etc until you find the problem. I'm also not sure what you mean by a class image.

magnusprime27
June 6th, 2016, 12:56
by class image I just mentioned the Christmas art on the first page of each class like the cleric dwarf holding the big warhammer

Zacchaeus
June 6th, 2016, 13:01
Ah, right. Sorry I just wasn't thinking of that kind of image at all. So the link for that will simply be #zl;refimage;Piccy.jpg;optional title. As you probably know all the images need to be in jpg format and contained in the images folder within the input folder. Remember also to tick the images box in the configuration menu.

Edit: In your screenshot above I see that you must have images campaign and images reference ticked. If you are preparing a reference book then you don't need images campaign.

magnusprime27
June 6th, 2016, 14:57
to all the smarter ppl using notepad++,
somehow I did something thatswitched the cursor from showing next to a letter/character to only showing underneath the space..
how can I switch it back?

fixed ...I was in over write mode which is switched on by pressing the 'insert button'

magnusprime27
June 8th, 2016, 00:12
for equipment, does it matter what oder the descriptions are in?

and s it just me or were there no item descriptions for weapons in the phb?....
I know there are descriptions fro the net and lanc?
am I the only one?e?
im looking at my physical book and don't see any

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2016, 00:34
Don't think it matters what the order is and no there's virtually no descriptions for weapons.

magnusprime27
June 8th, 2016, 02:06
im working on the packs, kits and tools....
I don't see adventurers pack anywhere...
no weights for the packs...
and would musical instruments, gaming sets go under tools maybe? or their own groups?

Edit: never mnd I had too pull it out of the basic rules doc......
ya'd think that sort of info WOULD be in the phb....everything else is...

why does Arrows (20), only show as Arrows?
a lot of items have things in (), but don't show ...is there a quick fix for this

magnusprime27
June 8th, 2016, 05:22
for the descriptions...
should they be done under their categories?
adventuring gear, tools,....
or can they all just be done after al the tables?

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2016, 10:04
Do all descriptions after the end of all of your tables. Anything with brackets won't par5e in the public version of par5e I'm afraid. If you miss out the brackets I think it will but I can't remember for sure (in other words Arrows 20 should par5e).

For categories see the par5e documentation.

magnusprime27
June 9th, 2016, 07:13
doig the races...
dwarf..no problem,
BUT elf wont show up?
I made sure the formattings the same? is there some issue im not aware of yet?

And I added images to the images are of the 12 classes, so id have pics of the races but they wont show in fg, only the 12
class images show up
any thoughts? they are all.jpg format too.

edit: I figured it out....
for the first part of each race where theres that quote, I was italicizing it......trying to use <I> </I>
apparently is HAS TO BE #ip;.......

magnusprime27
June 9th, 2016, 07:30
something im wondering,,
when doing equipment, you do a
#st;artisans tools
x...
x...
x...
? how can yo make it stop?
im trying to put navigators tools and thieves tools n tools but should I give it the #st;?

Zacchaeus
June 9th, 2016, 10:02
doig the races...
dwarf..no problem,
BUT elf wont show up?
I made sure the formattings the same? is there some issue im not aware of yet?

And I added images to the images are of the 12 classes, so id have pics of the races but they wont show in fg, only the 12
class images show up
any thoughts? they are all.jpg format too.

edit: I figured it out....
for the first part of each race where theres that quote, I was italicizing it......trying to use <I> </I>
apparently is HAS TO BE #ip;.......

It's lower case 'i' so <i></i>

Zacchaeus
June 9th, 2016, 10:06
something im wondering,,
when doing equipment, you do a
#st;artisans tools
x...
x...
x...
? how can yo make it stop?
im trying to put navigators tools and thieves tools n tools but should I give it the #st;?

#st continues until the next #st. So you need an #st at the start of each group in your equipment list. You can put whatever you want withing an #st. Par5e doesn't know what should be there. So for tools you would have #st;Tools. Again I would refer you to the documentation for all the details of this.

magnusprime27
June 9th, 2016, 13:43
this is what I originally had...

##;Elf
#zl;refimage;elf1.jpg;
<I>“I have never imagined such beauty existed”, Goldmoon said softly. The days march had been difficult, but the reward at the end was beyond their dreams. The companions stood on a high cliff over the fabled city of Qualinost.
Four slender spires rose from the city’s corners like glistening spindles, their brilliant white stone marbled with shining silver. Graceful arches, swooping from spire to spire, soared through the air. Crafted by ancient dwarven metalsmiths, they were strong enough to hold the weight of an army, yet they appeared so delicate that a bird lighting on them might overthrow the balance. These glistening arches were the city’s only boundaries; there was no wall around Qualinost. The elven city opened its arms lovingly to the wilderness.</I>

..and it caused mal formed issuestil I tried this...
##;Elf
#zl;refimage;elf1.jpg;
#ip;“I have never imagined such beauty existed”, Goldmoon said softly. The days march had been difficult, but the reward at the end was beyond their dreams. The companions stood on a high cliff over the fabled city of Qualinost.
Four slender spires rose from the city’s corners like glistening spindles, their brilliant white stone marbled with shining silver. Graceful arches, swooping from spire to spire, soared through the air. Crafted by ancient dwarven metalsmiths, they were strong enough to hold the weight of an army, yet they appeared so delicate that a bird lighting on them might overthrow the balance. These glistening arches were the city’s only boundaries; there was no wall around Qualinost. The elven city opened its arms lovingly to the wilderness.

Zacchaeus
June 9th, 2016, 14:35
As I said you need lower case 'i's not upper case ones. So <i></i>. Upper case I's will be ignored I think. The mal formation is caused by you bracketing more than one paragraph between the start and end italic tags.

magnusprime27
June 16th, 2016, 04:19
for npcs...
whats the best way to go about them?
I mean do one main monster manual for all npcs?
so for example say the curse of strahd for example, just put all the npcs in one main file and just link to the adv module im gunna create?
or do you do npcs by the adv module?

anythought or tips?, theres a lot of npc sources mm the curse of strahd, elemental evil, tyranny of dragons storylins,.
im just not sure what the best route to go is...
I was thinking one main "bestiary;?

magnusprime27
June 16th, 2016, 04:27
for maps...any suggestions for size?
for a map lets say 24x30, one inch square...about how many pixes should it be?
if im going by pixels, I tend to use a 200x200 pixels square, as it works best for dungeon painter online program I use.

any thoughts or advice?

damned
June 16th, 2016, 04:36
if you are using pyromancers it can export to whatever scale you choose.
you need to weigh detail with practicality (memory limits and load times).
50px squares/grid and resave the images as 40% jpg quality and you will lose little quality but save lots of download time for your players

magnusprime27
June 16th, 2016, 06:32
meaning 1 square = 50 pixels correct?

damned
June 16th, 2016, 06:37
meaning 1 square = 50 pixels correct?

That is the most common size in use.
Other sizes I have seen posted are 100px, 200px, 180px and 64px.
Im sure there are many others too :)

Zacchaeus
June 16th, 2016, 09:55
for npcs...
whats the best way to go about them?
I mean do one main monster manual for all npcs?
so for example say the curse of strahd for example, just put all the npcs in one main file and just link to the adv module im gunna create?
or do you do npcs by the adv module?

anythought or tips?, theres a lot of npc sources mm the curse of strahd, elemental evil, tyranny of dragons storylins,.
im just not sure what the best route to go is...
I was thinking one main "bestiary;?

There's no right or wrong way to do it. If you already have the MM in FG form then you can just link the NPCs to your module via encounters. If you are creating a module then include the npcs in the module. If you want to use the NPCs elsewhere create a separate npc module that you can reuse.

magnusprime27
June 18th, 2016, 20:11
im doing tokens for the familiars, summons, companions, etc n back of phb....
I know if the creatures names was ...hell's minion...it would be called hell_sminion.
how would ...hawk (falcon), be done?

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2016, 20:16
Don't use brackets - par5e doesn't like it. Miss them out altogether in the name use Hawk, Falcon then you can just have hawk_falcon for the png.

magnusprime27
June 19th, 2016, 09:12
general opinion for maps..
obviously have a dm and pc ver...
thoughs on sizes gor both?
and as the players are moving on the pc map it shows on the dm map correct? how do you link the maps togeather?
and in iopinon does anyone leave the rm numbers on the pc map? or leave it completely blank?

damned
June 19th, 2016, 09:25
If you have a GM and a player map there is no linking between them. What happens on one map happens on one map and one map only.
I see no reason to have a GM and Players map in most cases. I build a players map and fill it with the appropriate pins.
I have to remove secret doors and traps etc but I think it is the simplest and most elegant solution.
Im ambivalent about numbers... the only downside with numbers in my opinion is that players go 12, 13, 14... 16, 17 - hey there must be a secret room somewhere...

Maps dont have a lot to do with Par5e. Its much easier to do your maps outside of Par5e.

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2016, 13:08
I'd echo what damned says, don't do maps in par5e. It's a lot easier to do them in FG.

I don't put numbers or symbols on the player maps if I draw them myself. I also don't draw a DM map, and like damned just use the pins on the player map as reference. You can also use pins on the player map to highlight things for the players by sharing the pins. The players can then click those pins to get the information linked to that pin.

magnusprime27
June 19th, 2016, 14:07
I'd echo what damned says, don't do maps in par5e. It's a lot easier to do them in FG.
Thanks for the input, I'm not doin maps in par5e but everything else n just thought I'd get some opinions and thanks guys

magnusprime27
June 19th, 2016, 16:21
for magic items like ammunition, armor, weapon that have a +1, +2, +3,
(ex: Ammunition, +1 , +2, OR +3)
do you do it as one entry or 3 entries
like:
Ammunition, +1
Ammunition, +2
Ammunition, +1

and looking at the doc...
does it have to be +1 Ammunition, or can it be Ammunition +1?
one more thing (sorry)
going alphabetically, ive done all the way to armor of vulnerability.....but only adamantine armor shows when I parse it?
did I do something wrong?.....already?

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2016, 17:46
Do each one separately.
I think Ammo, +1. Not sure it will work otherwise.
Make sure you leave a blank line between each magic item
You'll have an error in the second one 'Alchemy Jug'? or you haven't left a blank line

magnusprime27
June 19th, 2016, 19:15
after looking at the 5e srd provided with fg,
should the magic itemsfrom thedmg be broken down, like it is in the srd?
like adamantine armor is,
A.breastplatechain mail
A.chain shirt, etc etc

qnd is armor +!,+2,+3 sufficient?
or do you really need to do ...
Breastplate Armor +1, +2, +3,A resistance, b resistance, c resistance
and repeat for all types of armor like in the srd?

magnusprime27
June 19th, 2016, 19:19
one more thing, when you get to the death npc entry from the deck of many things, I assume you do it as a normal npc under the npcs section of the dmg correct?

magnusprime27
June 19th, 2016, 21:19
so for whatever reason, andyes I tried every variation and nothing worked...
Ammunition will not parse,....
the way I got it to work is doing Arrow, Bolt, etc..
then I just got Amunition to work...

as far as I can tell in the italicized text...
weapon (any ammunition) uncommon +...
it only worked once I took out the uncommon part..
weird but it works that way

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2016, 21:52
Ok, taking ammunition first. I do remember that this was a bit buggy but it seems you have got it to work.
Yes, just do an NPC for the death NPC.
The public version of par5e will not let you do what the internal version can do which is to tag items and relate these to various other magic items. For example a +1 sword can be tagged to produce all the possible +1 swords without having to par5e each individual sword.This applies to all the other possible armours of resistance, weapons of various types etc etc. I suggest that you don't try to par5e all of the different possible items. I'd further suggest that you just use the magic items in the SRD since it does have all of the different swords armours etc and the ammunition is also correct.

magnusprime27
June 20th, 2016, 06:10
general npc question...
do you just put legendary actions and lair actions after normal actions?

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2016, 08:58
Yes.

magnusprime27
June 21st, 2016, 12:39
Yes.

Is there an issue with ability scores? Seems anything under 10 shows as 0..., like 9 (-1), shows as ,0 (-5)?

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2016, 12:48
Is there an issue with ability scores? Seems anything under 10 shows as 0..., like 9 (-1), shows as ,0 (-5)?

Nope, I just tested it and it shows the correct result. Check over your numbers and spaces; you have an error somewhere methinks.

EDIT: playing around some more I suspect that you either haven't got a '+' or a '-' somewhere. If you par5e 9 (0) it will default to -5. If however you par5e 9 (+0) or 9 (-0) it will come out correctly at -1. Interestingly I have just discovered that par5e seems to calculate the + or - so actually you can par5e something like this 9 (+0) 16 (+0) 18 (+0) 5 (+0) 7 (+0) 14 (+0) and all of the results will be correct on the NPC sheet. So it looks like the important bit is the '+' or the '-'. It seems to ignore the number.

magnusprime27
June 21st, 2016, 13:21
I'll paste what I got wen I get a sec, (on my phn), but the ability is the one having the problem,

magnusprime27
June 21st, 2016, 14:03
so heres the Aboleth...

Aboleth
Large aberration, lawful evil
Armor Class 17 (natural armor)
Hit Points 135 (18d10 + 36)
Speed 10 ft., swim 40 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
21 (+5) 9 (−1) 15 (+2) 18 (+4) 15 (+2) 18 (+4)
Saving Throws Con +6, Int +8, Wis +6
Skills History +12, Perception +10
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 20
Languages Deep Speech, telepathy 120 ft.
Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
Amphibious. The aboleth can breathe air and water.
Mucous Cloud. While underwater, the aboleth is surrounded by transformative mucus. A creature that touches the aboleth or that hits it with a melee attack while within 5 feet of it must make a DC 14 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, the creature is diseased for 1d4 hours. The diseased creature can breathe only underwater.
Probing Telepathy. If a creature communicates telepathically with the aboleth, the aboleth learns the creature’s greatest desires if the aboleth can see the creature.
Actions
Multiattack. The aboleth makes three tentacle attacks.
Tentacle. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or become diseased. The disease has no effect for 1 minute and can be removed by any magic that cures disease. After 1 minute, the diseased creature’s skin becomes translucent and slimy, the creature can’t regain hit points unless it is underwater, and the disease can be removed only by heal or another disease-*‐curing spell of 6th level or higher. When the creature is outside a body of water, it takes 6 (1d12) acid damage every 10 minutes unless moisture is applied to the skin before 10 minutes have passed.
Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10 ft. one target. Hit: 15 (3d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
Enslave 3/Day. The aboleth targets one creature it can see within 30 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 14 Wisdom saving throw or be magically charmed by the aboleth until the aboleth dies or until it is on a different plane of existence from the target. The charmed target is under the aboleth’s control and can’t take reActions, and the aboleth and the target can communicate telepathically with each other over any distance.
Whenever the charmed target takes damage, the target can repeat the saving throw. On a success, the effect ends. No more than once every 24 hours, the target can also repeat the saving throw when it is at least 1 mile away from the aboleth.
##;
#h;Legendary Actions.
The aboleth can take 3 legendary Actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The aboleth regains spent legendary Actions at the start of its turn.
Detect. The aboleth makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.
Tail Swipe. The aboleth makes one tail attack.
Psychic Drain (Costs 2 Actions). One creature charmed by the aboleth takes 10 (3d6) psychic damage, and the aboleth regains hit points equal to the damage the creature takes.
#h;Lair Actions
When fighting inside its lair, an aboleth can invoke the ambient magic to take lair actions. On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), the aboleth takes a lair action to cause one of the following effects:
#ls;
#li;The aboleth casts phantasmal force (no components required) on any number of creatures it can see within 60 feet of it. While maintaining concentration on this effect, the aboleth can't take other lair actions. If a target succeeds on the saving throw or if the effect ends for it, the target is immune to the aboleth's phantasmal force lair action for the next 24 hours, although such a creature can choose to be affected.
#li;Pools of water within 90 feet of the aboleth surge outward in a grasping tide. Any creature on the ground within 20 feet of such a pool must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be pulled up to 20 feet into the water and knocked prone. The aboleth can't use this lair action again until it has used a different one.
#li;Water in the aboleth's lair magically becomes a conduit for the creature's rage. The aboleth can target any number of creatures it can see in such water within 90 feet of it. A target must succeed on a DC 14 Wisdom saving throw or take 7 (2d6) psychic damage. The aboleth can't use this lair action again until it has used a different one.
#le;
#h;Regional Effects
The region containing an aboleth's lair is warped by the creature's presence, which creates one or more of the following effects:
#ls;
#li;Underground surfaces within 1 mile of the aboleth's lair are slimy and wet and are difficult terrain.
#li;Water sources within 1 mile of the lair are supernaturally fouled. Enemies of the aboleth that drink such water vomit it within minutes.
#li;As an action, the aboleth can create an illusory image of itself within 1 mile of the lair. The copy can appear at any location the aboleth has seen before or in any location a creature charmed by the aboleth can currently see. Once created, the image lasts for as long as the aboleth maintains concentration, as if concentrating on a spell. Although the image is intangible, it looks, sounds, and can move like the aboleth. The aboleth can sense, speak, and use telepathy from the image's position as if present at that position. If the image takes any damage, it disappears.
#le;
If the aboleth dies, the first two effects fade over the course of 3d 10 days.
...the only way I could get the legendary actions to show up was to put it in under the'##;'

Animated Armor does it as well but shows up as 0 instead of stat used for int, wis,cha...

Animated Armor
Medium construct (Animated Objects), unaligned
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 33 (6d8 + 6)
Speed 25 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
14 (+2) 11 (+0) 13 (+1) 1 (−5) 3 (−4) 1 (−5)
[/U]Damage Immunities poison, psychic
Condition Immunities blinded, charmed, deafened, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses blindsight 60 ft. (blind beyond this radius), passive Perception 6
Languages —
Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Antimagic Susceptibility. The armor is incapacitated while in the area of an antimagic field. If targeted by dispel magic, the armor must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against the caster’s spell save DC or fall unconscious for 1 minute.
False Appearance. While the armor remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from a normal suit of armor.
Actions
Multiattack. The armor makes two melee attacks.
Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) bludgeoning damage.

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2016, 14:28
You need to put the figures on the same line as the Stats. So;

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 14 (+2) 11 (+0) 13 (+1) 1 (−5) 3 (−4) 1 (−5)

To get the Legendary actions to show up do this;
Legendary Actions
Option. The aboleth can take 3 legendary Actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The aboleth regains spent legendary Actions at the start of its turn.
Detect. The aboleth makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.

magnusprime27
June 21st, 2016, 15:09
[Aboleth
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 21 (+5) 9 (−1) 15 (+2) 18 (+4) 15 (+2) 18 (+4)
....the Dex 9(-1), stil shows as a score of 0 and mod -5 in fg...

Animated Armor
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 14 (+2) 11 (+0) 13 (+1) 1 (−5) 3 (−4) 1 (−5)
...int, wis, cha stil show up as scores of 0 with mods of -5...

the legendary option but worked though..
I don't understand what the issue is here? its odd to me.

damned
June 21st, 2016, 15:12
They look like invalid -
− is not -
You need to go thru these things with a fine tooth comb

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2016, 15:27
They look like invalid -
− is not -
You need to go thru these things with a fine tooth comb

Yes, good catch. Make sure that you use the minus sign not the en-dash or any other type of dash. When you copy paste you can't be sure that what you think that you have copied is actually what has copied.

magnusprime27
June 21st, 2016, 16:01
Christ I never would of caught that thanks guys

magnusprime27
June 21st, 2016, 17:17
opinions,
im doing the beholders and is it better to do a linked table for the d10 eye rays? or just make it a list?

what do you think works better?

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2016, 17:20
I like a rollable table; but it's really up to you - you could do both.

magnusprime27
June 22nd, 2016, 00:06
im trying to get the 'Beholder Eye Rays' table to link to the eye rays attack in the stat block in fg....the tables set fine and is in tables and works as it should but I cant get it to link right?

imusing #zl;tables;Beholder Eye Rays;, which I believe should be right..
or am I doing it wrong or putting it in the wrong place?

Beholder
Large aberration, lawful evil
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 180 (19d10 + 76)
Speed 0 ft., fly 20ft. (hover)
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 10 (+0) 14 (+2) 18 (+4) 17 (+3) 15 (+2) 17 (+3)
Saving Throws lnt +8, Wis +7, Cha +8
Skills Perception +12
Condition Immunities prone
Senses darkvision 120 ft ., passive Perception 22
Languages Deep Speech, Undercommon
Challenge 13 (10,000 XP)
Antimagic Cone. The beholder's central eye creates an area of antimagic, as in the anti magic field spell, in a 150-foot cone. At the start of each of its turns , the beholder decides which way the cone faces and whether the cone is active. The area works against the beholder's own eye rays.
Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (4d6) piercing damage.
Eye Rays. The beholder shoots three of the following magical eye rays at random (reroll duplicates), choosing one to three targets it can see within 120 feet of it.
#zl;table;Beholder Eye Rays;
Legendary Actions
Options. The beholder can take 3 legendary actions, using the Eye Ray option below. It can take only one legendary action at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The beholder regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
Eye Ray. The beholder uses one random eye ray.
##;
#h;Lair Actions
When fighting inside its lair, a beholder can invoke the ambient magic to take lair actions. On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), the beholder can take one lair action to cause one of the following effects:
#ls;
#li;A 50-foot square area of ground within 120 feet of the beholder becomes slimy; that area is difficult terrain until initiative count 20 on the next round.
#li;Walls within 120 feet of the beholder sprout grasping appendages until initiative count 20 on the round after next. Each creature of the beholder's choice that starts its turn within 10 feet of such a wall must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or be grappled. Escaping requires a successful DC 15 Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check.
#li;An eye opens on a solid surface within 60 feet of the beholder. One random eye ray of the beholder shoots from that eye at a target of the beholder's choice that it can see. The eye then closes and disappears. The beholder can't repeat an effect until they have all been used, and it can't use the same effect two rounds in a row.
#le;
#h;Regional Effects
A region containing a beholder's lair is warped by the creature's'unnatural presence, which creates one or more of the following effects:
#ls;
#li;Creatures within 1 mile of the beholder's lair sometimes feel as if they're being watched when they aren't.
#li;When the beholder sleeps, minor warps in reality occur within 1 mi1e of its lair and then vanish 24 hours later. Marks on cave walls might change subtly, an eerie trinket might appear where none existed before, harmless slime might coat a statue, and so on. These effects apply only to natural surfaces and to nonmagical objects that aren't on anyone's person.
#le;
If the beholder dies, these effects fade over the course of 1d10 days.

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2016, 00:11
You can't link to the actions tab of the npc. You'll need to link it in the 'other' tab. I.e after the ##;

magnusprime27
June 22nd, 2016, 00:33
I figured that part out but get this error when I click on it in fg...

Runtime Error:desktop:Unable to create window path with invalid class: [tables : tables.beholdereyerays@5E MM]
Database Notice: Campaign Saved

magnusprime27
June 22nd, 2016, 00:35
I moved the link to here...

##;
#zl;tables;Beholder Eye Rays;
#h;Lair Actions
When fighting inside ...

and I get the runtime error

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2016, 00:50
You are trying to link to a module outside of the module that you are creating. Use #zal; to do that rather than #zl;. And I'm not sure whether that works in the public version.

magnusprime27
June 22nd, 2016, 01:12
considering the only mdule open im workin with is the mm,
the phb was done with the wild surge table in tables, then linked (#zl;) to the entry in the class.txt

so why doesn't the #zl; work in a similar fashion for the npc and table link?

ill try the zal but id think id work the same...

Varsuuk
June 22nd, 2016, 01:26
The (eventually) good news is that there are several people working on PARSE alternatives. I know the Formatted text sections work with both link types (depending on what you want to achieve) - I've even added linking elsewhere, but can't recall because it was a while back - I suspect it was while I was doing skills or feats sections.

Basically, once I get "regular" functionality, I trial and error modify the generated XML to add things Parse doesn't work with and see if it is legal if manually added to the XML. If FG approves it, I add it to my parser code.
Finishing up NPCs now... it's really slow since only time I get to work on it is on my train ride to and from work and sometimes an hour or less before sleep.

Got Backgrounds, Skills, Feats, Tables and NPCs (95% - did the NPC itself and normal "by letter" XML list output - well, that one is automatic, refactored code so one fits all... will see if there is more commonality with the other "ByXXX" exposed in NPCs) plus a bunch of "base" objects/classes to construct each type from.

It is all for 5E only, since I no next to nothing about FG workings and CoreRPG other than what I discover in XML as I go along. My intention is to migrate up some CoreRPG if the DD5E is well received. I'll probably need to talk to folks who use CoreRPG ruleset to see what would be useful vs needing a specific one like "Savage Worlds" etc, since I have no non 5E rulesets setup.

My advice, if Parse doesn't do it is to put it in your campaign, check the generated XML and then merge that into the Parse output if you can see the pattern.

magnusprime27
June 22nd, 2016, 01:29
and the #zal; gives me the same runtime error...?

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2016, 09:38
Here's the markup from the NPC file that I did way back when - so try this;

#zls;
#zl;table;Beholder Eye Ray
#zle;

Obviously make sure that you are using the same name for the table and the link.

Heh; and just looking at that I see the problem. You are using 'tables' instead of 'table' in the markup.

magnusprime27
June 22nd, 2016, 17:50
changing it from tables to table, actually worked ! I could of swore I tried that iteration/variation, oh well thanks for all the support.

magnusprime27
June 29th, 2016, 17:12
if im going to have my phb, and mm both open, should I or rather do I need to have the npcs from the phb duplicated in the mm...
for example the Quasit?
or should I go ahead and just copy from the phb entries into the mm?
does having duplicate entries mess anything up?

Zacchaeus
June 29th, 2016, 17:37
Having duplicates won't mess anything up. Each npc list will appear in a different tab in the library. Having duplicates isn't of course necessary so you can leave out the ones in the PHB - there's only about two IIRC.

rob2e
June 29th, 2016, 20:39
OK, who's going to run a par5e seminar? Anyone? Hmm? Prithy?

Zacchaeus
June 29th, 2016, 21:58
OK, who's going to run a par5e seminar? Anyone? Hmm? Prithy?

I'd suggest that you start by reading the user guide which you'll find in the 'docs' folder of par5e. Then have a read through the 'changelog' that's in the same folder.

Next have a look at Xorn's videos (linked in the par5e sticky in the 5e forums). Next have a go at par5ing something easy; spells or backgrounds are the easiest to do. Take it slow; check your work par5e small amounts at a time. You will get errors and they will be a pain to find until you get used to where to look.

And post problems here and you'll get plenty of help.

magnusprime27
June 30th, 2016, 03:38
yeah, youll get plenty of help...one of the best forum n bunch of ppeps there is

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 03:51
Going through Xorns tutorials now. Building the Basic Players. Backgrounds worked fine. Class, I'm stuck. Cleric won't show up for me. I've looked at all the ##; #h; #bp; #ts; #th; #tr; #te; #fe; #ab; #abf; #ls; #li; #le; and have all my semi-colons in the proper place. It says it parses fine, but "class" is a no show in FG. ??? Can someone see my mistake?

astromath
June 30th, 2016, 05:14
The formatting for #fe; is as follows:

#fe;text;1,2,3

If you would notice, the numbers are separated by commas, not semicolons.

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 05:40
Fixed those errors, still no joy.

damned
June 30th, 2016, 05:45
2e there are at least a dozen posts on how do I par5e the cleric in this thread alone... if you want to learn par5e its gonna be quicker to review those and see the common gotchas or you will be posting halp! 5mins after getting the next one fixed.

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 05:47
ok i'll go through it. I just started today with this.

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 05:49
I have to read 350 posts? JEEZE!

damned
June 30th, 2016, 05:52
There is a search feature... :)
Or you could post every question and hope someone else does all the work for you...

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 05:54
I'm learning

Zacchaeus
June 30th, 2016, 09:03
In your second .txt file the formatting for abf is also #abf;xxx;1,2,3 - commas instead of semi colons
Also all of your skills need to be on one line - you have them over two.

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 09:17
Zacchaeus, I made those changes and that did the trick. I see now how powerful PAR5E is provided you don't make even one mistake. Ha!

THANX! Cheers.

I just told damned I was not going to use par5e, but I'm creating things you CAN'T build straight into FG like classes. Apparently you NEED par5e for that.

Zacchaeus
June 30th, 2016, 10:37
Zacchaeus, I made those changes and that did the trick. I see now how powerful PAR5E is provided you don't make even one mistake. Ha!

THANX! Cheers.

I just told damned I was not going to use par5e, but I'm creating things you CAN'T build straight into FG like classes. Apparently you NEED par5e for that.

Yes, indeed. Just to balance out what was said in other posts - I agree that you don't actually need to par5e to create adventures. Generally I use par5e to do the story and npc; then do everything else in FG. I found it much easier to correct all the inevitable errors in a text file that you get when cutting and pasting from a pdf. However the modules that I do get published so I want to make sure that everything is correct. If I was doing it for just myself then you can bung it into FG and not really worry too much about text formatting.

For some things such as reference stuff, backgrounds, feats, classes, races and spells there isn't any other option than par5e (unless as one poster pointed out you do it all by hand in xml). Fortunately, apart from classes, those are all pretty easy to par5e.

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 10:40
Yeah I see the necessity for backgrounds, feats, classes, races and spells with par5e. But the rest is just as easy to do directly in FG. So finding the balance is best I think as you say.

crankdawg47
June 30th, 2016, 18:39
Having a problem parsing in my homebrew class. Everything loads in and I have access to all the features, etc. However, when you drag the class onto a player sheet it does not prompt to choose skill proficiencies provided by the class. Additionally, when you add two more levels of the class, it does not prompt to select a subclass and you end up having to manually add the subclass and the first feature provided by that subclass. Hit dice work correctly; tool, weapon, and armor proficiency works correctly; all other features provided by the class and subclass(s) are automatically added in at the appropriate level.
Any thoughts?
I'll provide the first bit of my text file below.
Thanks,

TXT:

##;Blade Dancer
#h;Blade Dancer
<flavor text and Creating a Blade dancer Sections Omitted for Post length>
#bp;Quick Build
You can make a blade dancer quickly by following these suggestions. First, make Dexterity your highest ability score. Make Charisma or Wisdom your next highest depending on whether you want to increase the potency magic or your blade dancing form features.
#h;The Blade Dancer
#ts;
#th;Level;Bonus;Features;
#tr;1;2;Dragon Forge, Bahamut's Blessing(1);
#tr;2;2;Spell Casting;
#tr;3;2;Blade Dancing Form
#tr;4;2;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;5;3;Extra Attack;
#tr;6;3;Blade Dancing Form Feature;
#tr;7;3;-;
#tr;8;3;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;9;4;Bahamut's Blessing(2);
#tr;10;4;Blade Dancing Form Feature;
#tr;11;4;-;
#tr;12;4;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;13;5;Improved Bahamut's Blessing;
#tr;14;5;-;
#tr;15;5;Blade Dancing Form Feature;
#tr;16;5;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;17;6;Bahamut's Blessing(3);
#tr;18;6;-;
#tr;19;6;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;20;6;Forged Ground;
#te;

#h;-Spell Slots Per Spell Level-
#ts;
#th;Level;Cantrips;1st;2nd;3rd;4th;5th;6th;
#tr;1;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;
#tr;2;2;2;-;-;-;-;-;
#tr;3;2;2;-;-;-;-;-;
#tr;4;2;3;1;-;-;-;-;
#tr;5;2;3;1;-;-;-;-;
#tr;6;2;4;2;-;-;-;-;
#tr;7;2;4;2;1;-;-;-;
#tr;8;2;4;2;1;-;-;-;
#tr;9;2;4;2;2;1;-;-;
#tr;10;2;4;3;2;1;-;-;
#tr;11;2;4;3;2;2;1;-;
#tr;12;3;4;3;2;2;1;-;
#tr;13;3;4;3;3;2;1;1;
#tr;14;3;5;4;3;2;1;1;
#tr;15;3;5;4;3;3;1;1;
#tr;16;3;5;4;3;3;1;1;
#tr;17;3;5;4;3;3;2;1;
#tr;18;3;5;4;3;3;2;1;
#tr;19;3;5;4;3;3;2;2;
#tr;20;4;5;4;3;3;3;2;
#te;
#h;Class Features
As a blade dancer you gain the following features
Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d8 per Blade Dancer Level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + your Constitution Modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 + your Constitution Modifier per Blade Dancer Level
Proficiencies
Armor: Light Armor, Medium Armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons, Longsword, Short Sword
Tools: Smith’s Tools or Tinker’s Tools
Saving Throws: Dex, Cha
Skills: Choose two from: Acrobatics, Insight, Perception, Arcana, Religion, Intimidation, Persuasion
Equipment
You start with the following equipment in addition to equipment provided by your background:

#ls;
#li;A simple weapon or (b) a Longsword
#li;A Holy Symbol or (b) An Arcane Focus
#li;An Explorer’s Pack or (b) A Dungeoneer’s Pack
#li;Leather Armor
#le;
#fe;Bahamut’s Blessing;1
At 1st level you Bahamut’s divine blessing has awoken in your blood. Your skin from your lower jaw down, excluding your fingers and toes becomes covered in small platinum scales. Once per long rest you can use an action to telekinetically take control of melee weapons in your possession for up to 5 minutes. You can control one weapon at a time at 1st level. At 9th and 11th levels, the number of controlled weapons increases by 1. At 13th level, you can use this feature twice per long rest. While using this feat, you can use a bonus action to move each weapon up to 20ft. in any direction up to 50ft. away from you. If a weapon moves within range of a creature, make an attack roll for each weapon using your Wisdom Modifier against the creature. On a hit, roll damage using the normal damage die for that weapon.
#fe;Dragon Forge;1
At 1st level, the divine dragon’s energies well up inside you like a great fire. As an action, you can roll a Wisdom check to create up to two melee weapons from nothing. The weapons can have up to a +2 modifier to hit and can take the form of any melee weapon.
<b>DC =</b> 6*(1 for each weapon created + 1 for each (+1) modifier)
You cannot create weapons that you cannot wield. For example, if you wish to create a longsword and a short sword each with a +1 modifier, the DC would be 24. You could not, however, create a great sword and a short sword because you would not be able to wield both at the same time.
This can be done a number of times equal to 1 + your Wisdom Modifier (minimum of 1) per long rest. Created weapons last for a number of minutes equal to your Blade Dancer Level. Once time has elapsed, the blades dissolve into arcane smoke as the energy used to create them fades.
#fe;Spell Casting;2
By 2nd level, you have learned to harness the magical essence gifted to you by the divine dragon’s blood to cast spells. See Chapter 10 of the PHB for general rules of spellcasting and the end of this document for the blade dancer spell list.
#bp;Cantrips
At 2nd level, you know two cantrips of your choice from the blade dancer spell list. You learn additional blade dancer cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the blade dancer table.
#bpPreparing and Casting Spells
The blade dancer table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your spells. To cast one of your blade dancer spells of 1st level or higher, you must expend a slot of that spell’s level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.
You prepare the list of blade dancer spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the blade dancer spell list. When you do so, choose a number of blade dancer spells equal to your Charisma modifier + half your blade dancer level, rounded down (minimum of 1). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots.
#bp;Spellcasting Ability
Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your blade dancer spells, since their power derives from the strength of your resolve. You use your Charisma whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Charisma modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a blade dancer spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
<b>Spell save DC =</b> 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
<b>Spell attack modifier =</b> your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
#bp;Spellcasting Focus
You can use a holy symbol or arcane focus (found in chapter 5) as a spellcasting focus for your blade dancer spells.
#fe;Ability Score Improvement;4,8,12,16,19
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
#fe;Extra Attack;5
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
#fe;Forged Ground;20
At 20th level, the divine dragon’s power reaches its peak. Once per long rest, you can cast Forged Ground as a 5th level spell. This creates an area 50ft. around you filled with magical weapons. The weapons can take the form of any melee weapon, have a +2 modifier and can be used with Bahamut’s Blessing. Once an attack with one of these weapons succeeds, it shatters dealing 1d6 additional slashing damage to the struck target. While in the area created by forged ground, you can retrieve any of the weapons created by the effect as a free action. If a creature attempts to pick up a weapon created by Forged Ground, they must make a DC15 DEX saving throw or take 2d6 slashing damage from the weapon shattering in their hand. On a successful save they take half damage. The area persists for 5 minutes after which the created weapons fade out of existence and you suffer one level of exhaustion.
#abh;Blade Dancing Forms
Each individual blade dancer is unique and chosen by Bahamut for a specific purpose. Because of this each blade dancer chooses to specialize in a single form of combat. At 3rd level your character will choose a blade dancing form to specialize in. As you grow in blade dancer levels, this form will grant you certain features.

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 19:41
Crankdawg47

First table - Blade Dancing Form missing semicolon at end.

Zacchaeus
June 30th, 2016, 20:02
In addition to what Rob says the following need corrected:

Saving throws should be Dexterity, Charisma
Lose the colon from Skills: Choose two from: should be Skills: Choose two from
Lose the colon after background in the equipment section
You may have cut it out for length purposes but you need at least one #ab; and one abf; for the class to successfully par5e.

Once those are corrected then you should be fine.

rob2e
June 30th, 2016, 20:04
Obviously Zacchaeus is far more adept than I. I just started with par5e yesterday. Ha!

crankdawg47
June 30th, 2016, 20:06
Thank you guys so much. I have only been a member for a week but everyone I've interacted with here has been stopped awesome!

crankdawg47
June 30th, 2016, 21:25
In addition to what Rob says the following need corrected:

Saving throws should be Dexterity, Charisma
Lose the colon from Skills: Choose two from: should be Skills: Choose two from
Lose the colon after background in the equipment section
You may have cut it out for length purposes but you need at least one #ab; and one abf; for the class to successfully par5e.

Once those are corrected then you should be fine.
Ok, so I did that, and the skills and proficiencies are now working but the subclasses aren't triggering at level 3
Level Table:

#ts;
#th;Level;Bonus;Features;
#tr;1;2;Dragon Forge, Bahamut's Blessing(1);
#tr;2;2;Spell Casting;
#tr;3;2;Blade Dancing Form;
#tr;4;2;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;5;3;Extra Attack;
#tr;6;3;Blade Dancing Form Feature;
#tr;7;3;-;
#tr;8;3;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;9;4;Bahamut's Blessing(2);
#tr;10;4;Blade Dancing Form Feature;
#tr;11;4;-;
#tr;12;4;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;13;5;Improved Bahamut's Blessing;
#tr;14;5;-;
#tr;15;5;Blade Dancing Form Feature;
#tr;16;5;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;17;6;Bahamut's Blessing(3);
#tr;18;6;-;
#tr;19;6;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;20;6;Forged Ground;
#te;

Also tried adding a #fe; tag to Blade Dancing form so that I could assign a level to it but all that did was add the feature to the abilities tab w/o triggering the choice of subclass.

#fe;Blade Dancing Form;3
Each individual blade dancer is unique and chosen by Bahamut for a specific purpose. Because of this each blade dancer chooses to specialize in a single form of combat. At 3rd level your character will choose a blade dancing form to specialize in. As you grow in blade dancer levels, this form will grant you certain features.
#abh;Blade Dancing Form
#ab;Dance of the Wind
The Dance of the Wind focuses on the blade dancer’s ability to quickly move around the battlefield, engaging multiple combatants and avoiding damage.
#abf;Flurry of Blades and Blows;3
Beginning when you choose this form, you gain the Two Weapon Fighting feature. When you fight with a weapon in each hand, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack. Additionally, you gain the ability to use a longsword as a finesse weapon. Whenever you use this weapon type to attack, you may use your choice of your Strength or Dexterity modifier for the attack and damage rolls.
#abf;Acrobatic Fighter;6
At 6th level your physical conditioning has improved to the point that your foes often have difficulty hitting you. You gain the following benefits:
#ls;
#li;Your speed increases by 10ft. and your jump height increases by 5 ft.
#li;When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement on that turn.
#li;When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not.
#li;Once per turn, you can make an acrobatics check (DC = 10) to move along vertical surfaces as though they were flat ground for 15ft.
#le;
#abf;Improved Blessing;10
At 10th level, the blessing of Bahamut increases. Use of the Bahamut’s Blessing feature is less taxing on you and you can use it once per short or long rest. Additionally you gain access to the Dragon Dive feature.
#abf;Dragon Dive;10,14,18
When you use Bahamut’s Blessing to successfully hit a creature, you may use your reaction before your next turn to teleport to the weapon. You appear in an open space adjacent to the struck creature. Moving in this way does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 14th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn. Starting at 18th level, you can use it three times before a rest, but only once on the same turn.
#abf;Improved Forge;15,18
At 15th level the power of Bahamut comes through in your forged weapons. All weapons created using the Dragon Forge feature gain 1d4 radiant damage. At 18th level this bonus is increased to 1d6.
#ab;Dance of the Dragon

Zacchaeus
June 30th, 2016, 21:43
Oh, sorry yes. I forgot about that question. That isn't available to modules created in the public version of par5e I'm afraid so that is working as intended.

crankdawg47
June 30th, 2016, 22:00
Awesome. Glad I'm not just bad at it. Thanks again for all the help.

crankdawg47
July 3rd, 2016, 07:17
okay guys, I have a new problem.
I'm trying to parse my DMG into FG but it looks like its stuck. I've attached a screen cap. There are no "warning" messages in the parse status but its not building the module. Anyone have any ideas?

damned
July 3rd, 2016, 07:23
Remove the last stuff you added and reparse. Keep going until it works again. Work out what is wrong with the last section...

crankdawg47
July 3rd, 2016, 07:46
Yeah... that was weird.

I literally just cut > reparsed > pasted back the cut data > everything parsed.

no idea what that was about.

Thanks anyway :)

magnusprime27
July 3rd, 2016, 18:59
sometimes reparseing a few times or just closing it n reopening it helps.
that's why after ive parsed several times I select all and delete it then click parse

magnusprime27
July 4th, 2016, 18:46
ok guys ive looked over n overn cant see anything wrong, and ive checked the usuals.. can you guys see anything wrong?
it keeps giving me a warning...thanks in advance.

Derro
Small humanoid (derro), chaotic evil
Armor Class 13 (leather armor)
Hit Points 13 (3d6 + 3)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 9 (-1) 14 (+2) 12 (+1) 11 (+0) 5 (-3) 9 (-1)
Skills Stealth +4
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 7
Languages Dwarvish, Undercommon
Challenge 1/4 (5O XP)
Insanity. The derro has advantage on saving throws against being charmed or frightened.
Magic Resistance. The derro has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
Sunlight Sensitivity. While in sunlight, the derro has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
Actions
Hooked Shortspear. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 (ld4 - 1) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, the derro can choose to deal no damage and try to trip the target mstead, in which case the target must succeed on a DC 9 Strength saving throw or fall prone.
Light Repeating Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 40/160 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (ld8 + 2) piercing damage.

astromath
July 4th, 2016, 19:43
The only thing I can think of is are your minus signs dashes or a different character for dash? If you copy and past from a pdf file, the minus signs do not always come up as dashes. Sometimes they come up with the symbol representing an "en dash" which is not the same thing as a regular dash found on the keyboard.

The other thing I notice is that for challenge rating you have 5O instead of 50. Another possible error source.

EDIT: I just saw something else. Under weapons you have ld4 instead of 1d4. The other weapon is similar. The number in front of the d is not a number and it should be.

magnusprime27
July 4th, 2016, 20:13
that did the trick, the l and 1 look so similar I didn't catch it, n the o and 0 I missed, thanks

magnusprime27
July 5th, 2016, 20:37
sofor my mm, for the duergar...
would,
Dwarf,grey-duergar, (same way for drow, Elf,dark-drow )work?
or is it better to do duergar, then
medium humanoid dwarf (grey), be better?

does it work if I try dracolich, adult blue dragon?, or dracolich-adult blue dragon?

so for tokens...Dracolich, Adult Blue Dragon, would be dracolich_adultbluedragon correct?
as I understand it, ,'- are done as _and with no spaces if im correct

Zacchaeus
July 5th, 2016, 21:50
Avoid brackets in names since if I remember correctly it doesn't like that. I think hyhens are ok but I can't remember off hand. The best advice is to try it without any kind of non alpha character and if it works then try it with. Don't start with the non-alpha characters.

For token names, you are correct all lower case, no spaces and an underscore for any non-alpha characters

El Condoro
July 6th, 2016, 04:06
I'd go with Medium humanoid (dwarf) or Medium humanoid (grey dwarf).

As an example of what par5ed correctly for me:

Deep Gnome (Svirfneblin)
Small humanoid (gnome), neutral good

magnusprime27
July 7th, 2016, 02:45
thanks that worked out well..

magnusprime27
July 9th, 2016, 19:07
so I bought my fg and curse of strahd on steam, (big shout out to the guys at fg for an amazing job by the way)
I know where my fg folder is but....
does anyone know where it puts the file for curse of strahd at?

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2016, 19:11
You can't access official content like that; it's locked away in a vault.

magnusprime27
July 9th, 2016, 20:40
Ah that's what I thought,
I couldn't find it so wasn't sure if I just couldn't find it or if it was secured somewhere else.
Great job on curse of strahd

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2016, 21:19
Ah that's what I thought,
I couldn't find it so wasn't sure if I just couldn't find it or if it was secured somewhere else.
Great job on curse of strahd

COS is all the work of TASAgent; nothing to do with me :)

magnusprime27
July 9th, 2016, 23:38
Has your name in the credits too

magnusprime27
July 10th, 2016, 03:19
COS is all the work of TASAgent; nothing to do with me :)

is this a different zacchaeus then?

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2016, 09:17
No it's the same, but all I did was read it over for errors before publication. TASAgent generously gave me credit for this but it really is all his work.

magnusprime27
July 17th, 2016, 17:19
so I bought the greta curse of strahd mod, and all the maps are pinned and linked and great except.....
the castle maps themselves.....
I recreated them with dungeon painter and they came out good , I think...
my question simply adding my maps , can I just copy the pins somehow, without losing any of the links?

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2016, 22:19
You can't unfortunately. You'll have to redo the links from the story entries.

It may be too late for you but there's this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30561-Castle-Ravenloft-Battlemaps&p=263181#post263181) and also this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31270-More-maps-for-Castle-Ravenloft-and-Curse-of-Strahd)

astromath
July 17th, 2016, 23:29
If you are willing to shell out some money, there's the maps on the Dungeon Master's Guild site: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/185990/Castle-Ravenloft-hires-colour-jpg-maps

magnusprime27
July 19th, 2016, 21:11
14754this is what I came up with so far...

feel free to use as you will.

Thegroo
July 19th, 2016, 22:30
Thanks for sharing

magnusprime27
July 19th, 2016, 23:46
it is ok to post or share rather maps ive created, even if of official maps?
I don't want someone to say you cant do that...

Zacchaeus
July 19th, 2016, 23:54
You can share maps you've created as long as there' no copyright material in them. By that I mean resources which someone else has created and hasn't given permission for it's use.

and this thread is really not the place to post your maps. There is a thread dedicated to map sharing.

magnusprime27
July 20th, 2016, 01:06
sorry, it was more of a reply to the previos reply, ill post in that thred if I share more maps

magnusprime27
August 7th, 2016, 06:35
so I have the curse of strahd mod..
when parsing my own mods n such, is a player map and dm map really nessisary?
if it worked the way I originally thought it did.....
a dm map showing traps n monster locations, and encounters the way the strahd maps come with all the pins n such,
and the pcs having a player map, and the two being linked.......

in that case I can see the use of a dm/pc map ver BUT, is it nessisary?

LordEntrails
August 7th, 2016, 07:05
so I have the curse of strahd mod..
when parsing my own mods n such, is a player map and dm map really nessisary?
if it worked the way I originally thought it did.....
a dm map showing traps n monster locations, and encounters the way the strahd maps come with all the pins n such,
and the pcs having a player map, and the two being linked.......

in that case I can see the use of a dm/pc map ver BUT, is it nessisary?
No, it's not necessary. Since the DM can see all of the map even when masked.

magnusprime27
August 7th, 2016, 08:25
when I put a pin on the map, im theonly one that can see them right?

damned
August 7th, 2016, 09:31
Yes - the pins are only visible to you unless shared.

Opt1kal
August 7th, 2016, 16:08
Hey, so, I'm looking to add the Fighter class with a homebrewed archetype. I've gone through this thread, and gone done everything I've seen that is suggested as a fix, but no joy. Right now I've got Par5e spitting the module out to a folder that's not FG just to make sure it's doing it's job. But even with just

##;Fighter
#h;Fighter
A human in clanging plate armor holds her shield before her as she runs toward the massed goblins. An elf behind her, clad in studded leather armor, peppers the goblins with arrows loosed from his exquisite bow. The half-orc nearby shouts orders, helping the two combatants coordinate their assault to the best advantage.
A dwarf in chain mail interposes his shield between the ogre’s club and his companion, knocking the deadly blow aside. His companion, a half-elf in scale armor, swings two scimitars in a blinding whirl as she circles the ogre, looking for a blind spot in its defenses. A gladiator fights for sport in an arena, a master with his trident and net, skilled at toppling foes and moving them around for the crowd’s delight—and his own tactical advantage. His opponent’s sword flares with blue light an instant before she sends lightning flashing forth to smite him. All of these heroes are fighters, perhaps the most diverse class of characters in the worlds of Dungeons&Dragons. Questing knights, conquering overlords, royal champions, elite foot soldiers, hardened mercenaries, and bandit kings—as fighters, they all share an unparalleled mastery with weapons and armor, and a thorough knowledge of the skills of combat. And they arewell acquainted with death, both meting it out and staring it defiantly in the face.

It's just hanging at

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.9-b62]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. ........ [Fighter-Class-with-Gunslinger]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
Info : folder structure .................................................. ............. [Already Exists]

I've attached the full classes.txt file as well, I do have an empty tables.txt file in the input folder.

With the full class.txt I have, along with the tables.txt it's hanging up at:

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.9-b62]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. ........ [Fighter-Class-with-Gunslinger]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
Info : folder structure .................................................. ............. [Already Exists]
Parse : class .................................................. ......................... [Fighter - OK]
Parse : class .................................................. ............................. [Completed]
Make : class windowlists .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Parse : tables .................................................. ............................ [Completed]
Make : tables windowlists .................................................. ................ [Completed]
Make : tables (campaign) .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : tables (reference) .................................................. ................ [Completed]

So, any help would be MUCH appreciated.

EDIT: Found the issue. Couple of the skills were formatted wrong. They were #abf;XXX;1;2;3;4 instead of the comma's.

Opt1kal
August 7th, 2016, 20:47
I'm wondering, with the latest version of Par5e, is there a way to add a thumbnail?

EDIT: Found a post with a possible fix. In a session right now. I'll try it after this session.

damned
August 7th, 2016, 23:00
Put a thumbnail.png in the root folder
delete the output folder contents before re-running if its failing

magnusprime27
August 8th, 2016, 15:25
I see what happened, I left out the lang., cr....omg lolive been over it n over it and don't see anything wrong... can anyone see what im missing?
flesh golem

Flesh Golem
Medium construct (golem), neutral
Armor Class 9
Hit Points 93 (11d8 + 44)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 19 (+4) 9 (-1) 18 (+4) 6 (-2) 10 (+0) 5 (-3)
Damage Immunities lightning, poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that aren’t adamantine
Berserk. Whenever the golem starts its turn with 40 hit points or fewer, roll a d6. On a 6, the golem goes berserk. On each of its turns while berserk, the golem attacks the nearest creature it can see. If no creature is near enough to move to and attack, the golem attacks an object, with preference for an object smaller than itself. Once the golem goes berserk, it continues to do so until it is destroyed or regains all its hit points.
The golem’s creator, if within 60 feet of the berserk golem, can try to calm it by speaking firmly and persuasively. The golem must be able to hear its creator, who must take an action to make a DC 15 Charisma (Persuasion) check. If the check succeeds, the golem ceases being berserk. If it takes damage while still at 40 hit points or fewer, the golem might go berserk again.
Aversion of Fire. If the golem takes fire damage, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the end of its next turn.
Immutable Form. The golem is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.
Lightning Absorption. Whenever the golem is subjected to lightning damage, it takes no damage and instead regains a number of hit points equal to the lightning damage dealt.
Magic Resistance. The golem has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
Magic Weapons. The golem’s weapon attacks are magical.
Actions
Multiattack. The golem makes two slam attacks.
Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
##;
A flesh golem is a grisly assortment of humanoid body parts stitched and bolted together into a muscled brute imbued with formidable strength. Its brain is capable of simple reason, though its thoughts are no more sophisticated than those of a young child. The golem's muscle tissue responds to the power of lightning, invigorating the creature with vitality and strength. Powerful enchantments protect the golem's skin, deflecting spells and all but the most potent weapons.
A flesh golem lurches with a stiff jointed gait, as if not in complete control of its body. Its dead flesh isn't an ideal container for an elemental spirit, which sometimes howls incoherently to vent its outrage. If the spirit breaks free of its creator's will, the golem goes berserk until calmed, or until its shell of flesh is destroyed or completely healed.

EDIT: I see what happened, I left out or got left out, the lang., cr...omg lol

magnusprime27
August 9th, 2016, 15:18
so im testing creating an adv. mod, and using the lost mine of phandelvver as exercise.

ivewatched Xorns, tutorial vids...(we don't have temp path fields anymore...)
I don't use a temp path....

does themod save in the fg mod folder or somewhere else?
im thinking in mods where the mm, phb, dmg would go?

for some reason its not creating a .mod file. I have my paths set right, no warning msg's but doesn't create the file...?

LordEntrails
August 9th, 2016, 17:58
so im testing creating an adv. mod, and using the lost mine of phandelvver as exercise.

ivewatched Xorns, tutorial vids...(we don't have temp path fields anymore...)
I don't use a temp path....

does themod save in the fg mod folder or somewhere else?
im thinking in mods where the mm, phb, dmg would go?

for some reason its not creating a .mod file. I have my paths set right, no warning msg's but doesn't create the file...?
It should save to your Module Path location as defined in Par5E. 14977

Zacchaeus
August 9th, 2016, 18:52
If you have an error in the .txt file that you are trying to par5e then it might not be creating the module. Look at the output (in the console) when you are par5ing and the last thing should be Build: Module. If you don't see that then you have an error somewhere and the file cannot par5e.

magnusprime27
August 9th, 2016, 21:49
Im also. Trying a numbering thing similar to the curse of strand,.
Soo...

#@;The Lost Mine Of Chandelier
##;(The Lost Mine Of Chandelier)
--
#zl;story;00.00 Introduction
#zl;story;01.00 Part 1
#zl;story;02.00 Part 2

##;00.00 Introduction
#;zl;story;00.01.00 Running the adventure
##;00.01.01 the DM
##;00.01.02 ...

magnusprime27
August 9th, 2016, 23:36
this is what I have so far...

#@;The Lost Mine Of Phandelver
##;(The Lost Mine Of Phandelver)
#zl;story;00.00 Introduction;
#zl;story;01.00 Part 1;
#zl;story;02.00 Part 2;
#zl;story;03.00 Part 3;
#zl;story;04.00 Part 4;
#zl;story;05.00 Appendix;

##;00.00.00 Introduction;
This book is written for the Dungeon Master. It contains a complete DUNGEONS & DRAGONS adventure, as well as descriptions for every creature and magic item that appears in the adventure. It also introduces the world of the Forgotten Realms, one of the game's most enduring settings, and it teaches you how to run a D&D game. The smaller book that accompanies this one (hereafter called "the rulebook") contains the rules you need to adjudicate situations that arise during the adventure.
#zl;story;00.00.01.00 Running The Adventure;
#zl;story;00.00.02 Background;
#zl;story;00.00.03 Overview;
#zl;story;00.00.04 Adventure Hook;
#zl;story;00.00.05 The Forgotten Realms;

##;00.00.01.00 Running The Adventure
Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure. You don't need to be a Forgotten Realms expert to run the adventure; everything you need to know about the setting is contained in this book.
If this is your first time running a D&D adventure, read "The Dungeon Master" section; it will help you better understand your role and responsibilities.
The "Background" section tells you everything you need to know to set up the adventure. The "Overview" section describes how the adventure is expected to run and gives you a broad sense of what the player characters should be doing at any given time.
#zl;story;00.00.01.01 The Dungeon Master
#zl;story;00.00.01.02 Improvising Ability Chhecks
#zl;story;00.00.01.03 Glossary
#zl;story;00.00.01.04 Magic Items And Monsters
#zl;story;00.00.01.05 Abbriviations

##;00.00.01.01 The Dungeon Master
The Dungeon Master (DM) has a special role in the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game.
The DM is a referee. When it's not clear what ought to happen next, the DM decides how to apply the rules and keep the story going.
The DM is a narrator. The DM sets the pace of the story and presents the various challenges and encounters the players must overcome. The DM is the players' interface to the D&O world, as well as the one who reads (and sometimes also writes) the adventure and describes what happens in response to the characters' actions.
The DM plays monsters. The DM plays the monsters and villains the adventurers battle against, choosing their actions and rolling dice for their attacks. The DM also plays the part of all the other characters the players meet in the course of their adventures, like the prisoner in the goblin lair or the innkeeper in town.
Who should be the DM for your gaming group? Whoever wants to be! The person who has the most drive to pull a group together and start up a game often ends up being the DM by default, but that doesn't have to be the case.
Although the DM controls the monsters and villains in the adventure, the relationship between the players and the DM isn't adversarial. The DM's job is to challenge the characters with interesting encounters and tests, keep the game moving, and apply the rules fairly.
The most important thing to remember about being a good DM is that the rules are a tool to help you have a good time. The rules aren't in charge. You're the DMyou're in charge of the game. Guide the play experience and the use of the rules so that everybody has fun.
Many players of DuNGEONS & DRAGONS find that being the DM is the best part of the game. With the information in this adventure, you'll be prepared to take on that role for your group.

magnusprime27
August 10th, 2016, 00:21
im doing this a lil bit at a time trying to figure it out...

#@;The Lost Mine Of Phandelver
##;(The Lost Mine Of Phandelver)
#zls;
#zl;story;00.00 Introduction;
#zl;story;01.00 Part 1;
#zl;story;02.00 Part 2;
#zl;story;03.00 Part 3;
#zl;story;04.00 Part 4;
#zl;story;05.00 Appendix;
#zle;

##;00.00 Introduction;
This book is written for the Dungeon Master. It contains a complete Dungeons and Dragons adventure, as well as descriptions for every creature and magic item that appears in the adventure. It also introduces the world of the Forgotten Realms, one of the game's most enduring settings, and it teaches you how to run a D&D game. The smaller book that accompanies this one (hereafter called "the rulebook") contains the rules you need to adjudicate situations that arise during the adventure.

gives me this...

Info : module .................................................. .......... [The Lost Mine Of Phandelver]
Parse : story .................................................. ... [(The Lost Mine Of Phandelver) - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ............. [00.00 Introduction; - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ............................. [Completed]
Make : story windowlists .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Info : module .................................................. .......... [The Lost Mine Of Phandelver]
Parse : story .................................................. ... [(The Lost Mine Of Phandelver) - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ............. [00.00 Introduction; - OK]
Parse : story .................................................. ............................. [Completed]
Make : story windowlists .................................................. ................. [Completed]

am I not doin something right?

magnusprime27
August 11th, 2016, 16:58
does anyone see anything wrong? I cant find anything but stil get a warning....

Acolyte
Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 9 (2d8)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 14 (+2) 11 (+0)
Skills Medicine +4, Religion +2
Senses passive Perception 10
Languages any one language (usually Common)
Challenge 1/4 (5O XP)
Spellcasting. The acolyte is a 1st-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with spell attacks). The acolyte has the following cleric spells prepared:
Cantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy
1st level (3 slots): bless, cure wounds, sanctuary
Actions
Club. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2 (1d4) bludgeoning damage.
##;
<b>Acolytes </b>are junior members of a clergy, usually answerable to a priest. They perform a variety of functions in a temple and are granted minor spellcasting power by their deities.

Zacchaeus
August 11th, 2016, 17:49
Spells need to be all on one line. To force line breaks put a /r at the start of the line. So try this

Cantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy/r1st level (3 slots): bless, cure wounds, sanctuary

Ferrin
August 11th, 2016, 22:39
I am having a bit of an issue I have never encountered before. I am parsing a story.txt and linking in a map. It worked at first, but now it only pulls up a grey image in Fantasy Grounds.

##;Red Larch
#h;Red Larch
#zl;image;RedLarch.jpg;
Red Larch has been an important stop on the Long Road for two centuries now.

The file is saved in input images as RedLarch.jpg and is around 500kb.

Do I need to convert the image or something? put a line break somewhere?

I can drag the image from the images tab and link in that way and it will work. But everytime I reparse it shows it parsed and then throws up a grey box.

Zacchaeus
August 11th, 2016, 22:50
Are you also parsing the image? Check that you have ticked the images box in the configuration menu.

Ferrin
August 11th, 2016, 22:53
Are you also parsing the image? Check that you have ticked the images box in the configuration menu.

Ya, got the box checked, I can pull the image up in FG from the images tab and everything. It's only the link, which worked one time, and then didn't.

Zacchaeus
August 11th, 2016, 23:22
Try deleting your entire output folder and reparse

Ferrin
August 12th, 2016, 02:15
Try deleting your entire output folder and reparse

Alright, closed everything down. Deleted the output, and reparsed. Still same issue, could something else be affecting it?

magnusprime27
August 12th, 2016, 03:48
acolytes the only 'npc; givin me an issue all othe casters work fine....odd

magnusprime27
August 12th, 2016, 03:51
try checkin the ref img box, and putting:
#zl;refimage.Red Larch.jpg;

Zacchaeus
August 12th, 2016, 11:49
Alright, closed everything down. Deleted the output, and reparsed. Still same issue, could something else be affecting it?

I have no idea why yours won't par5e but this will

Acolyte
Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 9 (2d8)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 14 (+2) 11 (+0)
Skills Medicine +4, Religion +2
Senses passive Perception 12
Languages any one language (usually Common)
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
Spellcasting. The acolyte is a 1st-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with spell attacks). The acolyte has following cleric spells prepared: \rCantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy\r1st level (3 slots): bless, cure wounds, sanctuary
Actions
Club. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2 (1d4) bludgeoning damage.
##;
#h;Acolyte
Acolytes are junior members of a clergy, usually answerable to a priest. They perform a variety of functions in a temple and are granted minor spellcastingpower by their deities.

Zacchaeus
August 12th, 2016, 12:05

Not that I can see; as long as you are par5ing the image (as Cmp/images - not ref/images) and the image is parsing then the link should work. Have you tried with a different image?

magnusprime27
August 12th, 2016, 14:55
thank you sir

Ferrin
August 12th, 2016, 19:07
Not that I can see; as long as you are par5ing the image (as Cmp/images - not ref/images) and the image is parsing then the link should work. Have you tried with a different image?

Yeah, went on to the next map, tried again. Did the same thing. I retyped the links, restarted par5e, renamed the images, and next I will try remaking the images, and redoing the whole section with the map link, and if that don't work. I will start making a different module of a different adventure and see if I get the same problem. If I do, I will re-install par5e or something. Thanks for taking a crack at it.

magnusprime27
August 17th, 2016, 01:44
real quick, can par5e be used to do 3/3.5/pathfinder?
is that whats called the core in the docs?

Zacchaeus
August 17th, 2016, 02:24
Core is what all of the rule sets are based on. It's a sort of common rule set which does things that all other rule sets do (well nearly all). You can use it for 3.5 but I don't know to what exactly it will do.

Talyn
August 17th, 2016, 02:48
In PAR5E itself, you can choose both 3.5E and Pathfinder but it outputs some incorrect window classes and for Pathfinder it doesn't use the correct ruleset name.

Talyn
August 18th, 2016, 20:04
I would have thought this would seem obvious but apparently not? Has it occurred to anyone to package up a sample set of text files (obviously with sample content not official 5E content) already properly marked up and ready to parse for new users to see how working markup should look so they can compare that to whatever they're trying to markup themselves?

kylania
August 18th, 2016, 20:22
I would have thought this would seem obvious but apparently not? Has it occurred to anyone to package up a sample set of text files (obviously with sample content not official 5E content) already properly marked up and ready to parse for new users to see how working markup should look so they can compare that to whatever they're trying to markup themselves?

Every section of the docs\PAR5E DD5E User Guide.pdf includes an example of the commands for that section already.

Talyn
August 18th, 2016, 20:31
But you can't run a PDF through the parser. That's my point. Having actual source code to run through the parser and "see, it works!" without having to copy/paste it manually seems like a more efficient solution. And they can compare that side-by-side in a tab in their text editor instead of switching to a PDF reader.

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2016, 21:16
If you use this utility (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21835-D-amp-D-Basic-Rules-PDF-Parser) it creates a number of .txt files which you can then pull apart to see how they are put together.

magnusprime27
August 22nd, 2016, 22:00
need a second set of eyes, mine apparently wont work....keeps showing a warning...

Grimlock
Medium humanoid (grimlock), neutral evil
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 11 (2d8 + 2)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 16 (+3) 12 (+1) 12 (+1) 9 (-1) 8 (-1) 6 (-2)
Skills Athletics +5, Perception +3, Stealth +3
Condition Immunities blinded
Senses blindsight 30 ft. or 10 ft. while deafened (blind beyond this radius), passive Perception 13
Languages Undercommon
Challenge 1/4 (5O XP)
Blind Senses. The grimlock can't use its blindsight while deafened and unable to smell.
Keen Hearing and Smell. The grimlock has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
Stone Camouflage. The grimlock has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide in rocky terrain.
Actions
Spiked Bone Club. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) bludgeoning damage plus 2 (1d4) piercing damage

Zacchaeus
August 22nd, 2016, 22:21
Looks ok. Try changing the name of Blind Senses so that it doesn't have Senses in the title just in case that's the problem

magnusprime27
August 22nd, 2016, 23:50
stil shows a warning

Zacchaeus
August 23rd, 2016, 00:12
Have you tried to par5e just this creature and nothing else? If this is part of a larger par5e it may be something else entirely which is throwing the error.

magnusprime27
August 23rd, 2016, 01:57
yea with it just by itself theres stil a warning....

as a bit by bit test. whats the bare minamum it will parse so I can test.

I started with just the name ...and went line,parse, line parse through whole block n stil a warning, its odd

BLOODY HELLS!! I figured it out the error was the Challenge 1/4 (<b>5O </b>XP).....was an o instead of a zero.....

Zacchaeus
August 23rd, 2016, 09:01
Ah, yes so it is. Couldn't see that kind of distinction on the tablet last night, but looking at it now it's obvious!

magnusprime27
August 25th, 2016, 14:20
can someone with an official copy of rise of tiamat show me what theres looks lik for ch9.
mine has the story entrys but none of them are likned for ch.9........almost like they never finished it...
(yes I bought the mod, not created myself)
I just wanna know how to or rather where to put all the links

heres what mine looks like:
Moderator: Attachment Removed - too many spoilers

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2016, 14:49
The list down the right hand side of your image is from chapter 0 not chapter 9

Edit: Additionally this isn't a thread for posting potential bugs, other than for par5e. Use the Bugs thread stickied at the top of the 5e forum for bugs please.

magnusprime27
August 25th, 2016, 15:00
it was supposed to be the list for ch.9.
im putting all the links in the right spot myself. not hard to figure out..
sorry bout possible spoilers and I didn't think it was so much a bug as it looked incomplete ..
and sorry if this was the wrong spot to post it in..

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2016, 15:50
You shouldn't need to put links anywhere. In my copy the links for chapter 0 and chapter 9 are all in the correct position and place. Your screenshot showed the correct links for chapter 0 and it looked like you were expecting those links to be in chapter 9. So are you saying when you click on the tab in the story window for chapter 9 that there are no links?

magnusprime27
August 25th, 2016, 16:07
that's exactly what im saying...
in the story tab for ch9. the entrys are all there but not linked....
what it shows in the picture, the beginning bit through to STOPPING SEVERIN, is all there is.
so im putting the links all in the places in order they should be.

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2016, 16:21
So, just to be clear your story tab for Chapter 9 doesn't look like this? It stops at P9.00?

If that is the case then your module hasn't downloaded correctly I fear. Try opening it in a new campaign and see if there is still a problem.
You could also try right clicking on it in he library and selecting 'Reverse changes'.
Or you could try updating FG to see if it downloads it again and rectifies the problem.

magnusprime27
August 25th, 2016, 16:47
wait a minute. the story entries, in the ch.9 tab, like in your picture are there and fine

magnusprime27
August 25th, 2016, 16:59
what I ment, was that the story entries weren't linked and by that I mean like how I did it in this picture...

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2016, 17:28
Ah, ok. I see what you are getting at now. RoT was a fairly early module and there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of linking in any of it, not just Chapter 9.

magnusprime27
August 25th, 2016, 18:17
I rsnhoarr n this out of book, so I knew where to put things.drew out ALL the maps n that castle and iceberg and tismat temple were gigantic but it was fun...if I had fg then it would of been so much easier linking thingd

magnusprime27
September 2nd, 2016, 18:06
so just got storm kings thunder....
when I go into the Aarakocra npc and click on its second tab theres a link : image:image:Aarakocra...
when I click on it I get a msg in the fg chat window......Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (*)

now I also have my mm I created with par5e , but I only pit in the token for the npcs....
am I getting that image error cuz I don't have the actual aarakocra image parsed and linked in my MM/
or is it because the image wasn't included with the storm kings thunder mod?

Zacchaeus
September 2nd, 2016, 18:12
It's because you don't have the Monster Manual. That link is to the image in the MM, so if you don't have the MM then the link won't work.

magnusprime27
September 2nd, 2016, 18:41
your indeed right and the fix...
in the mm that's parsed, you need to have the image not just the token.
the image doesn't need to be linked to the npc stat block, but does have to be spelled right just like the tokens
. I have my own mm parsed...well alphabetically up to M . but only put the the token, and didn't think to put in the image....
thankfully I have a folder with all the images so its a copy/paste and name editing case now....
something I noticed...
in rthe case of an ancient/adult/young/wyrmling blue dragon it uses just blue dragon as the image..
so although the token is used for all 4 sizes. the image needs to be just bluedragon...
hope this helps for someone

WrecksAdventure
September 7th, 2016, 11:30
Hi all. Quick question:
If I'm making a percentile table (d%) in tables.txt, for 100% do I use

row;100;100;Blah blah text

or

row;0;0;Blah blah text

Cheers!

damned
September 7th, 2016, 11:47
Welcome WrecksAdventure

So you want to roll %dice but there is only one entry in the table?

row;0;99;Blah blah text

or

row;1;100;Blah blah text

WrecksAdventure
September 7th, 2016, 12:11
There's a hundred rows in the table. I left out rows 1 to 99.

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2016, 12:37
You use 100;100.

WrecksAdventure
September 7th, 2016, 12:42
Thanks everyone!

WrecksAdventure
September 8th, 2016, 10:41
Follow on question - my tables.txt is parsing correctly but when I refresh the module in FG I don't get any text values in my "Result" column. Can anyone see anything that's incorrect in the following? Any hints would be appreciated.

##;Candlekeep Spell Focus
#!;Attempt to cast unstudied spell
Only applicable to the Candlekeep Spell Focus feat, the user attempts to cast a spell they do not know.
dice;d%
column;Result
row;1;1;Spell is permanently removed from the potential spell register.
row;2;10;Spell fails dead. Nothing happens.
row;11;18;Spell works but with caster as target.
row;19;30;Random spell is cast.
row;31;45;Spell is cast but in 1d4 rounds.
row;46;58;Spell is cast but caster cannot cast another spell or cantrip for 1d4 rounds.
row;59;70;Spell is cast but at half strength on all stats.
row;71;80;Spell is cast but at a different target than intended.
row;81;94;Spell is cast as intended and counts as a success.
row;95;99;Spell is cast as intended and counts as a success but is double strength.
row;100;100;Spell is cast as intended and spell is automatically learned.

##;Candlekeep Knowledge Focus
#!;Attempt to retrieve knowledge from the Candlekeep library
Only applicable to the Candlekeep Knowledge Focus feat, the user attempts to recall information they do not know.
dice;d20
column;Result
row;1;1;Short circuit, the player has disadvantage on next intelligence or wisdom check.
row;2;12;No information or the wrong information is recalled.
row;13;17;Basic information recalled.
row;18;19;Detailed information recalled.
row;20;20;All information on the subject is recalled.

astromath
September 8th, 2016, 10:56
Where is the #@;{Output Category} line? This line must be the first line in the tables file. In your case it should be #@;Candlekeep Foci

WrecksAdventure
September 8th, 2016, 11:15
I had to cut that line out as the message board software was complaining I was posting URLs. The first line I have in tables.txt is
#atsymbol;Custom Reclaimer Tables

astromath
September 8th, 2016, 11:25
Next possible suggestion: Remove the periods at the end of each line.

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2016, 11:29
You have the dice and column lines reversed. Should be
column;Result
dice;d%

astromath
September 8th, 2016, 11:30
Even I didn't see that!

WrecksAdventure
September 8th, 2016, 11:36
Finally sorted it by deleting the module out of the FG modules folder and reparsing/building it. Thanks for the help. :)

No1Sciguy
September 13th, 2016, 16:52
I been using Par5e for awhile and it's a great program. I think it's still easier to build encounters in FG though. Is there a way to build the story, tables, etc and then build the encounters in FG and export it all together? It seems FG looks for a Merge ID to bring everything together, but since I built the story in Par5e, it doesn't seem to have one. Ideas on how to do this?

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2016, 17:59
I've never used the Merge ID function but on reading about it here it seems to be a thing which groups modules together rather than merging modules together.

The problem you face is that Par5e produces a module and if you open the module in a campaign and then create encounters; when you export all you'll be able to export are the encounters.
In order to achieve what you desire you'll need to open a new campaign, close it down and then open up the db.xml from the campaign. Now open the db.xml from the parsed module and cut/paste the information you want from it into the db.xml of the campaign. If it's story entries that will be everything between and including the <encounter>,/<encounter> tags. You will then be able to open the campaign and find all your story entries in there, you can now add encounters etc and export the final module out.

Nylanfs
September 13th, 2016, 19:04
/export

LordEntrails
September 13th, 2016, 20:52
I've never used the Merge ID function but on reading about it here it seems to be a thing which groups modules together rather than merging modules together.

FYI, my understanding is that it groups similarly named list tabs together. So if you have two modules with the same Merge ID and they both have a image tab labelled "NPCs" then if you open both modules, all the NPC images will appear under one tab. Also from my understanding, something that will be obsolete in v3.2.

No1Sciguy
September 13th, 2016, 21:07

The problem you face is that Par5e produces a module and if you open the module in a campaign and then create encounters; when you export all you'll be able to export are the encounters.
In order to achieve what you desire you'll need to open a new campaign, close it down and then open up the db.xml from the campaign. Now open the db.xml from the parsed module and cut/paste the information you want from it into the db.xml of the campaign. If it's story entries that will be everything between and including the <encounter>,/<encounter> tags. You will then be able to open the campaign and find all your story entries in there, you can now add encounters etc and export the final module out.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick response.

shambles0789
October 10th, 2016, 20:50
For some reason the the PAR5E tool doesn't spit out a .mod into my module folder. I am trying to create a class and the only time it actually makes the mod is if I throw an error.

Info : module .................................................. ............................ [CstmClass]
Info : folder structure .................................................. .................... [Created]
Parse : class .................................................. ................ [Invalid Path - WARNING]
Make : class (reference) .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Make : archive data .................................................. ...................... [Completed]
Make : module xml library entries .................................................. ........ [Completed]
Write : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Write : module xml syntax .................................................. ............... [Well Formed]
Write : module xml definition .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module images .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module tokens .................................................. ............. [Completed]
Write : copying module thumbnail .................................................. .......... [Completed]
Cook : module archive .................................................. .................... [Completed]
Build : module .................................................. ............................ [Completed]

That will put a .mod into my modules folder (this is me not making an input folder for PAR5E to find my class.txt).

Info : module .................................................. ............................ [CstmClass]
Parse : class .................................................. .......................... [Ranger - OK]
Parse : class .................................................. ............................. [Completed]
Make : class windowlists .................................................. ................. [Completed]

This seems to do nothing. It looks like it is compiling correctly but I am not getting anything back.

Zacchaeus
October 10th, 2016, 21:09
Despite the fact that it appears to be parsing ok; it's not. There is an error in your text file somewhere which is preventing the module from being created. The last line in the console should read Build: Module and in your second example it clearly isn't which is why no module appears. There are many possible reasons why your text file isn't par5ing properly and it could be something as simple as a semi colon in the wrong place.

By the way posting the output from the console isn't really going to help diagnose the problem. If you can't find the error either provide a link to where I can see your .txt file to look it over or paste it into here (preferably the former).

shambles0789
October 10th, 2016, 21:26
I am trying to do the ranger revised class and I have a feeling my error is the conclaves (archetypes). I have each conclave currently marked as such #abh;Ranger Conclaves then #ab;Beast Conclave, #ab;Hunter Conclave, #ab;Deep Stalker then each ability is marked with #abf; The ability; level #. Is there anything else I should have marked here? I also have the following further up with the rest of the base abilities:

#fe;Ranger Conclave;3
At 3rd level, you choose to emulate the ideals and training of a ranger conclave : the Beast Conclave , the Hunter Conclave , or the Stalker Conclave , all detailed at the end of the class description .

How do you force the window to ask which conclave you are going to choose and therefore assign the correct skills?

El Condoro
October 11th, 2016, 06:59
I haven't tested the revised Ranger but have you tried Ranger Conclaves (plural) for both? You have #fe;Ranger Conclave;3 (singular).

[Edit]
I have successfully PAR5E-d the Revised Ranger, with these discoveries:
- mark-up works from basic PDF as normal (I forgot to add a #te; to a table but otherwise AOK)
- there were ANSI codes that were throwing up a warning when I saved the TXT file in Notepad. Copied and Pasted to Notepad++ and saved all AOK.
- PAR5E worked fine after these things were done.

However,
- the name needed to be "Ranger" not something like Ranger2, as I tried.
- Drag and drop from the Reference Manual module did not prompt for the Conclave/Archetype at Level 3
- Drag and Drop from the DD PHB Deluxe DID prompt for the Conclave at Level 3
BUT
- the new features of the Conclave and (Revised) Ranger did not get added (e.g. no Improved Favored Enemy at Level 6) in subsequent levels. They could be dragged and dropped from the Feature page links but that's not automatic.

PTBBC.ORG
October 28th, 2016, 01:37
First time trying to par5e something, and it doesn't par5e. It just does the info lines. I am trying to pars5e the gunslinger for my game. So I set it up as a class.txt, but it never tries to par5e it. This is my first time, and I have been reading through as much as possible for the last 5 hours to figure out why, keep repeating the video tutorial.... sigh.. I guess I am just not getting it.

LordEntrails
October 28th, 2016, 04:08
Try to par5e one of the examples first. That way you can make sure you are getting all the setting right. Then try to par5e a file that you have created. It will help you decipher just where the problem is coming from.

Zacchaeus
October 28th, 2016, 10:51
First time trying to par5e something, and it doesn't par5e. It just does the info lines. I am trying to pars5e the gunslinger for my game. So I set it up as a class.txt, but it never tries to par5e it. This is my first time, and I have been reading through as much as possible for the last 5 hours to figure out why, keep repeating the video tutorial.... sigh.. I guess I am just not getting it.

There's a million possible reasons why it won't par5e. If you post your .txt file we can have a look at it and maybe point you in the right direction.

PTBBC.ORG
October 29th, 2016, 01:52
Thanks guys. Here is the file. I have not had time to go over stuff again. Looking now. All I have is the Module Path and the FG Modules Path. Like I said, first time, so I will do some more reading also, work on the examples as well.

DuskoDugouska
October 29th, 2016, 10:29
I`m parsing classes right now and after i`v added the fourth class (in my case Druid) the utility stops making the module after making Backgrounds(reference).
My console output: 15911
May class.txt: 15912
When i remove the druid it works.

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2016, 10:52
Thanks guys. Here is the file. I have not had time to go over stuff again. Looking now. All I have is the Module Path and the FG Modules Path. Like I said, first time, so I will do some more reading also, work on the examples as well.

You are trying to par5e only an archetype. You can't do that you'll need to have the whole thing. Since this is for Fighter you'll need to par5e the entire fighter class and add this archetype onto the end.

When you do you'll also need to use the correct markup for an archetype - all you have at the moment are headings. See the documentation for details on how to do this

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2016, 11:23
I`m parsing classes right now and after i`v added the fourth class (in my case Druid) the utility stops making the module after making Backgrounds(reference).
My console output: 15911
May class.txt: 15912

In the Druid 'Beast shape' list the #le at the end is missing a semi colon - should be #le;
In the Grassland spell list you have i<i>nvisibilty
In the desert spell list the terminating ';' comes before the </i>
In Land's Stride change the apostrophe to one that par5e likes. Par5e doesn't like the one that's there
In fe;Druid Circle;2;6,10,14 change it to 2,6,10,14

DuskoDugouska
October 29th, 2016, 11:41
Thanks! it was the Land`s Stride all this tame.

PTBBC.ORG
October 29th, 2016, 18:38
Oh, ok. So I will basically have the Fighter class listed in my PHB and then a 2nd occurrence of the Fighter class in a separate module that will have the Gunslinger archetype in it? Sorry again, I am no programmer, so this is like learning a brand new language to me. LOL, I can't even figure out that autohotkey setup. Thanks for the help though, you are all amazing at this.

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2016, 22:41
Yes, you will indeed have exactly that. If you have both modules open when the character is being created then the Gunslinger archetype should appear when the character reaches third level.

DuskoDugouska
October 30th, 2016, 09:33
What am I doing wrong?The spells wont parse:
Spells;15919

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2016, 10:04
On the very first line you have BardS pells :)

DuskoDugouska
October 30th, 2016, 11:30
Thank you again. I`m trying to do this before tomorrow so my players can make characters for my game. In in the sea of text i overlook stuff, like in C programing you overlook ; at the end of the line.

Vgamer
November 4th, 2016, 05:25
Pretty much got all the way up to spells and have a little bump in the road.

So if there is a duplicate spell like I.E the Light Spell for both Clerics and Wizards (The same exact spell) I found that after parsing, the Cleric spells will show up under Spells and the Wizard doesn't (Completely gone poof).

After I duplicated the Light Spell under ##; (Light1, Light2 and added (Cleric) and (Wizard) to each duplicating the spell, "ID'ing them", it worked.

I also had to ID each Spell under #@; i.e Light1 (Cleric), Light2(Wizard). to be able to hook to the duplicated spells under ## mentioned above;

Each class is having to have it's own duplicate spell but that isn't optimal, what if 7 Classes go to a spell like Light? Would I need to duplicate the Light Spell 7 times for each Class like Wiard, Cleric, etc...?

Is there an easy fix for this or am I missing something? Thanks!
Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply

magnusprime27
November 9th, 2016, 22:07
real quick stupid question....(that I should know the answer to)
to be able to edit npc's in fg...should I have only ref or cmp checked?

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2016, 22:47
real quick stupid question....(that I should know the answer to)
to be able to edit npc's in fg...should I have only ref or cmp checked?

It matters not. If you parse as ref you can always make a copy of the NPC and edit it. I'd recommend prsing as ref otherwise you might edit the original.

DuskoDugouska
November 11th, 2016, 15:54
I'v parsed in armor and when i try to add the armor to a character, FG shows me this error.
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:159: attempt to index global 'nodeList' (a nil value)
The table shows perfectly but the error only shows up when i try to drag and drop armor on a character sheet.
Here is my equipment.txt:16274

magnusprime27
November 11th, 2016, 17:20
im working on my 53mm compendium...
when I open it in fg it lets me view npcs by category...
is there a way to be able to edit the npcs (in fg), and still have it show by category and not just alphabetical?

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2016, 17:58
I'v parsed in armor and when i try to add the armor to a character, FG shows me this error.
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:159: attempt to index global 'nodeList' (a nil value)
The table shows perfectly but the error only shows up when i try to drag and drop armor on a character sheet.
Here is my equipment.txt:16274

You don't have semi colons between your table headings (Should be Armor;Cost;AC etc
Leave a space between numbers and gp/lb etc (e.g 5 gp instead of 5gp)

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2016, 18:01
im working on my 53mm compendium...
when I open it in fg it lets me view npcs by category...
is there a way to be able to edit the npcs (in fg), and still have it show by category and not just alphabetical?

NPCs are only shown by category in the Library; in the Campaign they are shown alphabetically, but with the new features in FG you can filter by category/CR etc

rob2e
November 14th, 2016, 05:43
Seems my pregen character won't parse. Any ideas?

My Name
Dwarf (Hill Dwarf) Cleric 1 (Acolyte), Neutral good
Armor Class 18
Hit Points 11 (1d8)
Initiative -1
Speed 25 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 14 (+2) 8 (-1) 15 (+2) 10 (+0) 16 (+3) 12 (+1)
Saving Throws Wisdom +5, Charisma +3
Skills Athletics +4, Intimidation +3
Special Senses passive Perception 13
Languages Common
Personality Traits I’m always polite and
Ideals Respect. People deserve to be
Bonds I have three cousins
Flaws I secretly wonder whether the
Armor Proficiencies All armor
Weapon Proficiencies All simple weapons
Tool Proficiencies Playing cards
Armor Chain mail;Shield
Weapons Warhammer;2 Handaxe
Equipment Holy symbol;Backpack;Crowbar;Hammer;10 Piton;
FEATURES
Spellcasting;DD5E SRD Data;Class
Life Domain;DD5E SRD Data;ClassAbility
Acolyte;DD5E SRD Data;Background
TRAITS
Stonecunning;DD5E SRD Data;Racial
Darkvision;DD5E SRD Data;Racial
Dwarven Resilience;DD5E SRD Data;Racial
ATTACKS
Warhammer. +4 1d8 + 2 bludgeoning
Handaxe. +4 1d6 + 2 slashing
SPELLCASTING
Cantrips. Light;Sacred Flame;Thaumaturgy;
Spell Slots. 2
Prepared Spells. 4
Spells. Bless;Cure Wounds;Healing Word;Thunderwave;
#!;DD5E SRD Data

zhiel
December 4th, 2016, 20:56
Hi Team,

I am trying to set up the features so that when you level, you can choose your fighting style and ranger conclave. I have watched the tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_-013SMvcc&index=4&list=PLePiBJtKmjLn5IzhpakEcVqAHoYfezZbe. When this parses, all of the options that I want selectable appear under the Ranger Conclave heading instead of:

Fighting Styles

Archery
Defense
Dueling
Two-Weapon Fighting

Ranger Conclaves

Beast Conclave

The options don't appear selectable when you level either. For instance, when you level to 2, "Fighting Styles" is added, but a pop-up isn't displayed to let you choose a fighting style. I'm not sure if this part can be done, but I'd at least like to get things organized correctly when you look at the class. The "class.txt" has been attached. Any help for guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

tsemana
December 4th, 2016, 21:26
Hi Team,

I am trying to set up the features so that when you level, you can choose your fighting style and ranger conclave. I have watched the tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_-013SMvcc&index=4&list=PLePiBJtKmjLn5IzhpakEcVqAHoYfezZbe. When this parses, all of the options that I want selectable appear under the Ranger Conclave heading instead of:

Fighting Styles

Archery
Defense
Dueling
Two-Weapon Fighting

Ranger Conclaves

Beast Conclave

The options don't appear selectable when you level either. For instance, when you level to 2, "Fighting Styles" is added, but a pop-up isn't displayed to let you choose a fighting style. I'm not sure if this part can be done, but I'd at least like to get things organized correctly when you look at the class. The "class.txt" has been attached. Any help for guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

Couple of things:

I went back and tested to see if the packaged classes prompt you to choose your fighting style when you hit level 2, and they don't. So I don't think there's the facility to make the PAR5Ed module do something that the packaged products don't.
You've tagged Fighting Style with `#abh;` and each option `#ab;` and those tags are reserved for the Subclass main heading (#abh; = the name of the Category ie. "Ranger Conclave"), and the actual subclass options ($ab;= the name of the subclass ie. "Beast Conclave").
Out of the box the PAR5Ed module does not automatically allow the dialogue to prompt for the subclass choice. In order to do that you need to modify the xml output and re-pack the .mod file. Here's the post giving the line that needs to be added: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34080-Project-Par5E-(cont-)&p=293946&viewfull=1#post293946

I've attached my version of the Revised Ranger in this mod titled Unearthed Arcana

MODERATOR: Attachment removed

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 22:08
Welcome zheil to FG and to the community.

It is as tsemana says; there's no pop up to choose a fighting style - you do that manually when your character gets to that level.

Additionally where there is only one option for archetype - such as he Beast Conclave you won't get a pop up for that either since there's only one option. However if you have the PHB or SRD open then you would get any archetypes in either of those volumes in addition to the one in your module.

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 22:10
Sorry tsenama you can't share Unearthed Arcana stuff; that is copyright WotC.

tsemana
December 4th, 2016, 22:11
Sorry tsenama you can't share Unearthed Arcana stuff; that is copyright WotC.

Ah, my bad, sorry! I thought it might be ok since people are posting their class.txt of the ranger.

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 22:18
Seems my pregen character won't parse. Any ideas?

I think pregens are borked in the public version of par5e Rob. As you have probably figured out by now even the one in the example in the documentation won't par5e.

LordEntrails
December 5th, 2016, 01:49
Ah, my bad, sorry! I thought it might be ok since people are posting their class.txt of the ranger.

Though I don't think anyone has done so yet. I believe the popular consensus is that you can distribute this on the DMsGuild website, just not here.

So, if you want, you can upload it there and list it for free or PWYW (or charge for it) and then just link to the file from here. A few others have done that with PCs and other FG resources.

zhiel
December 5th, 2016, 02:17
Couple of things:

I went back and tested to see if the packaged classes prompt you to choose your fighting style when you hit level 2, and they don't. So I don't think there's the facility to make the PAR5Ed module do something that the packaged products don't.
You've tagged Fighting Style with `#abh;` and each option `#ab;` and those tags are reserved for the Subclass main heading (#abh; = the name of the Category ie. "Ranger Conclave"), and the actual subclass options ($ab;= the name of the subclass ie. "Beast Conclave").
Out of the box the PAR5Ed module does not automatically allow the dialogue to prompt for the subclass choice. In order to do that you need to modify the xml output and re-pack the .mod file. Here's the post giving the line that needs to be added: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34080-Project-Par5E-(cont-)&p=293946&viewfull=1#post293946

I've attached my version of the Revised Ranger in this mod titled Unearthed Arcana

MODERATOR: Attachment removed

Thanks! Is there a recommended formatting for doing your layout? I'd like to view it so I can use that moving forward. This isn't for distribution, it's just that some of my players want to use some of the Unearthed Arcana.