PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check - Pathfinder AP - Legacy of Fire

Blackfoot
August 24th, 2014, 18:20
I have the first two books for this one prepped and ready to go. I was running a campaign that fell apart so I'm looking to restart it.

darrenan
August 24th, 2014, 19:54
Depending on scheduling, I would be interested. I have games Tue, Wed and Thu nights PDT, and one Sunday morning. But I could do Monday evening. Fri and Sat evenings I would have occasional disruptions for, Sun evening might work as well, although that's a lot of PF in one day... Let me know what times and days you're thinking.

Blackfoot
August 24th, 2014, 21:04
Unfortunately, my best options are Tuesday or Wednesday nights as those are the ones I'm sitting around with nothing to do. Most other days I have something brewing or at least the option for something to brew.

Trenloe
August 24th, 2014, 22:18
I'd be interested. Wednesday evenings are free for me (Tuesday and Thursday aren't).

Skellan
August 24th, 2014, 23:57
I am guessing this will be late night my time?

Blackfoot
August 25th, 2014, 01:10
It doesn't have to be... that probably rules out a lot of US players though.

darrenan
August 25th, 2014, 01:17
I could probably make Wednesday work, since that 's one of the days I GM, and my players in that one are somewhat flexible. Please keep me mind.

Dr_Babylon
August 25th, 2014, 04:03
Would I be correct in presuming this project will likely entail voice-based communication?

Blackfoot
August 25th, 2014, 04:16
Yeah, I believe so... are you mute?

Dr_Babylon
August 25th, 2014, 04:36
For all intents and purposes.

Sounds like fun though. I wish you guys well.

Blackfoot
August 25th, 2014, 06:29
Sorry man. :(
Playing without voice really slows game play down. I usually go with a mix .. but I can't run without it.

Dr_Babylon
August 25th, 2014, 07:00
Not a problem. I understand that full-text just ain't everyone's bag.

Take care.

lachancery
August 25th, 2014, 13:08
Interested as well. Wednesdays are available. Likely to show up late if games started before 8:30pm though.

Blackfoot
August 25th, 2014, 13:30
Sounds like enough to make it happen. It's looking like Weds. is going to be good. We just need to start narrowing down the time... and then we need to start talking about characters.

Time wise... Skellan would prefer earlier, lachancery would prefer 'after 8:30 Eastern' (those really aren't going to work together) .. any other timing issues?

Last time I ran it I had each player play a different elemental race (sylph, ifrit, oread, undine) which was fun.. but I'm not going to do that again. I'm open to classes and races from Paizo (pending approval and restrictions) but not third party creations. Let's avoid 'evil' too.. I'm not up for the hassles.

Gwaihir Scout
August 25th, 2014, 14:15
Since my Wednesday night game is about to finish, I'm also interested. Full disclosure: I've played through Book 1 already.

Trenloe
August 25th, 2014, 14:36
I'm with Yves on the not before 8:30pm Eastern request.

lachancery
August 25th, 2014, 15:58
Following Gwaihir's lead, full disclosure: I'm playing in his "Rise of the Runelords" AP on Wednesdays, but I think this week may be the last session, or possibly next week - we're about to start the final fight of the AP. (gulp)

avro5731
August 25th, 2014, 18:25
wait if scout and lachancery are in so am I if you have room

Blackfoot
August 25th, 2014, 21:12
Sorry Skellan... it looks like later is going to be the option.
I'm fine with waiting until you guys wrap up the Runelords game.
So it looks like we are talking:
darrenan
Trenloe
Skellan (although I'm guessing probably not due to the time slot.. sorry man :( )
lachancery
Gwaihir Scout
avro5731
And several of you have played through book 1... that's a pretty full crew.

lachancery
August 25th, 2014, 22:27
I'm a virgin - never played through any of it! I'm tempted by the Pesh Addict trait... :square:

Blackfoot
August 25th, 2014, 22:30
We'll start at the beginning regardless... so no worries. Those of you who are familiar with the story in the first book I'm sure can keep mum about the important details.

Trenloe
August 25th, 2014, 22:44
We'll start at the beginning regardless... so no worries. Those of you who are familiar with the story in the first book I'm sure can keep mum about the important details.
Does that mean Yves and I have to do all the thinking? :-o Is Darren a Legacy of Fire virgin too?

lachancery
August 25th, 2014, 23:14
Cool, no spoilers! ;)

The hedonistic drawback also caught my attention. Mmmmm, a pesh addicted hedonist... what kind of mood am I in!? That'll make a colourful character if it persists...

Which reminds me of the typical start questions:

Stats: rolled or points?
Traits: used? Must one be from player guide?
Drawback: used?
Race: all Paizo's? Alternate traits? Random variants of aasimar & tiefling?
Class: all Paizo's? All archetypes?
Starting gold: roll, average, fixed
Religion: all Golarion gods?

darrenan
August 25th, 2014, 23:27
I'm tentatively thinking of playing a Human Glaive-wielding Inquisitor of Shelyn.
I also have a female bard mostly ready to go.
I know nothing of this AP, but I do have a brain so I can help out with the deep thoughts!

Is there a player guide for this AP? I looked on paizo.com and didn't see one. EDIT: nevermind, found it. It's not free??? I thought most of the player's guides were free. Bah.

Trenloe
August 25th, 2014, 23:43
Is there a player guide for this AP? I looked on paizo.com and didn't see one. EDIT: nevermind, found it. It's not free??? I thought most of the player's guides were free. Bah.
I always thought the PDFs were free! Shame... You can get a print copy for $3!

EDIT: Looking at it, this is a full on 32 page player companion. Hence the charge for it as it is much more hefty than the later 16-or-so pages of the free PDFs.

Blackfoot
August 26th, 2014, 00:10
Stats: 20 Point Buy
Traits: 1 AP Campaign Trait and 1 other Trait
Drawbacks: Ideally I'd prefer NOT to use Drawbacks... but I could be convinced otherwise.
Race: (in order of commonality)
Human: Dominant
Halflings: Common
Gnome: Uncommon
Dwarves: Uncommon/Common in Katapesh City
Half-elves: Rare/Uncommon in Katapesh City
Ifrit: Rare
Sylph: Rare
Oread: Rare
Suli: Rare
Elves: Rare
Undine: Rare
Aasimar: Rare - See GM about variants.
Tiefling: Rare - See GM about variants.
Gnoll: Very Rare/Commonly Evil
Half-orcs: Very Rare
Other Races: Ask... but less likely.
Starting Gold: Class Average (From the Table)
Religions: Preferably one that 'fits' the theme. Abadar is the most common. Sarenrae is very big in the area. Gozreh, Desna, Nethys and Pharasma have a presence... Rovagug and Lamashtu are also unfortunately somewhat popular. These are all good choices (cept the evil ones.. which are.. evil choices.. well the neutral ones are neutral choices.. but..) I would prefer that you did NOT choose an evil god. Other gods can be chosen but they have a lesser presence and will not be as integral to the story.

Blackfoot
August 26th, 2014, 00:23
Also.. we'll be using the Achievement Feats that are found in the Player's Guide... although I will not necessarily be tracking them the way they are intended. (The bookkeeping can get pretty insane for some of them.) For the ones with nasty bookkeeping we'll work based on averages and set a minimum Level. Healer's Touch will be largely unavailable to anyone unless they are a dedicated healer who rarely inflicts damage.

lachancery
August 26th, 2014, 02:19
There are only 6 campaign traits in the Legacy of Fire Player Guide, and the last one ("Finding Haleen") can only be taken by one player, or players that are siblings. I have an idea for a character background that fits with "Finding Haleen", but I've got ideas for the other traits as well. Was anyone looking at that trait?

Here are the 6 campaign traits, for those who don't have the book:

Earning Your Freedom
Seeking Adventure
Reclaiming Your Roots
Gnoll Killer
Missionary
Finding Haleen

I don't know if it's legal to paste the description of the Player's Guide in this forum thread...?

Trenloe
August 26th, 2014, 02:22
I don't know if it's legal to paste the description of the Player's Guide in this forum thread...?
Here they are OGLified: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/legacy-of-fire

darrenan
August 26th, 2014, 02:27
I'm using Missionary, as my guy is from Taldor.

lachancery
August 26th, 2014, 02:51
Here they are OGLified: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/legacy-of-fire
Nice! They're missing the cooler part though - the background material that goes with each trait. :-/

Blackfoot
August 26th, 2014, 02:56
If several people want to take 'Finding Haleen' that's fine. We can make it work.. you don't have to be 'siblings' but you will be 'like siblings' in other words.. your backgrounds will be intertwined and connected.. which is also good.

Trenloe
August 26th, 2014, 03:10
They're missing the cooler part though - the background material that goes with each trait. :-/
Yeah, that'll be the non-OGL bit.

EDIT: If you use HeroLab you can enabled the Legacy of Fire SRD Pathfinder Adventure Path option and the campaign traits will be available.

Blackfoot
August 26th, 2014, 03:51
I'm using Missionary, as my guy is from Taldor.Keep in mind that a Missionary from Taldor is very far from home... and at the start of the story... well you'll be coming from the opposite direction... so you've gotten pretty side tracked.

darrenan
August 26th, 2014, 04:23
Look at the Golarion map, Taldor is just north of Qadira which is right across the water from Katapesh, about 500 miles. For a missionary, not so far. I'm guessing that Oppara->Absalom->Sothis->Katapesh is a pretty common trade route in fact.

darrenan
August 26th, 2014, 04:35
I got the Epic Words email, but the link didn't work for me (it was a link to https://legacyoffire, not epic words). I logged into Epic Words and found your campaign but it looked like it had a bunch of old info (potentially spoilers) from your previous group. Did I end up in the wrong place, or do you need to clear stuff out of that campaign before we join?

avro5731
August 26th, 2014, 04:49
https://www.epicwords.com/LegacyofFire this is the right site. You were looking at /318 or something like that which is the old game.

darrenan
August 26th, 2014, 04:51
That one just takes me to the campaign directory. I think there's an issue with having two campaigns with the same name, or something.

EDIT: I'm in now.

lachancery
August 26th, 2014, 04:56
Look at the Golarion map, Taldor is just north of Qadira which is right across the water from Katapesh, about 500 miles. For a missionary, not so far. I'm guessing that Oppara->Absalom->Sothis->Katapesh is a pretty common trade route in fact.
The description for the "Seeking Adventure" campaign trait says you're a newly confirmed pathfinder agent arriving to Katapesh by boat on a mission to the village we're heading for. It would seem conceivable that a Taldan Shelyn missionary be on the same boat? Katapesh seems like a pretty tough place where Shelyn's peace & love presence could be welcome, especially in Pesh Parlors... ;)

darrenan
August 26th, 2014, 04:59
I'll try my best ;-)

Gwaihir Scout
August 26th, 2014, 05:14
https://www.epicwords.com/LegacyofFire this is the right site. You were looking at /318 or something like that which is the old game.

It just tells me I don't have permission to view it.

Blackfoot
August 26th, 2014, 05:21
I'll send you all the link directly.. apparently the initial email left out the www.epicwords.com/ part at the beginning of the address.. if you add that to the rest.. it should work... but I'll send you the link.

lachancery
August 26th, 2014, 15:56
Continuing character selection in the forum thread on Epic Worlds. I'd like to hear what others have in mind to play before locking in my choice.

lachancery
August 29th, 2014, 01:22
As closure to the full disclosures, we finished the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path yesterday. It was a most epic finish: the last creature was killed with a vorpal sword on a confirmed roll of 20... Off with its head! Just brilliant.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2014, 18:00
It was a most epic finish: the last creature was killed with a vorpal sword on a confirmed roll of 20... Off with its head! Just brilliant.
Cheating players... Karzoug will return!

GS will have to change his avatar now. Or, at the very least, remove the head! ;)