PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Module: The Midnight Mirror (PFRPG) 28August 2014 8pm BST

hawkwind
August 22nd, 2014, 08:04
A horror and investigation adventure for level 3-5characters

The sleepy town of Karpad in shadow-haunted Nidal has long been overseen by the Boroi family, and until a few weeks ago, the citizens under Baron Stepan Boroi's rule have lived uneventful lives of relative peace. Recently, however, the outbreak of a virulent and fatal disease and a number of mysterious disappearances have left the people of Karpad paranoid and fearful. Even Baron Stepan has been acting strangely, and now the tenuous balance of racial tensions between Karpad's human and fetchling populations stands on the verge of collapsing into total anarchy. Can the PCs uncover the root of Karpad's problems and put an end to the deadly virus, the terrifying disappearances, and the miasma of fear and distrust that threatens to overwhelm the region?

Calendar link

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1255

I will run this over several sessions, all will be at a similar time slot

please post your xml files recent chronicle sheets and tracking sheet here and register on the calendar if you want to play

Malkavian_Andi
August 22nd, 2014, 12:25
I'll play Marquis Galerius of Calvor, here are his files:

cmdisc
August 22nd, 2014, 16:43
I'll jump in on this one. 4th lvl party support cleric. Will get her info posted up here soon.

Edit: I just happened across this post. Although I'm subscribed to the Game Announcement thread, I didn't get any email notification. So if others are experiencing the same thing, this may not see much traffic if they're waiting to be notified before they check the forum.

Skellan
August 24th, 2014, 12:48
I'd like in on this. I will play Elston my 4th bard :)
I will scan his chronicles in etc and post them shortly :0

hawkwind
August 24th, 2014, 14:59
my mate Shane said he will bring his 4th level Barbarian

cmdisc
August 24th, 2014, 19:04
Barbarian is good for the front line. There's also someone who hopped aboard the calendar who is sporting another melee type, but they're voting no for Thurs. I could substitute Kat for a 4th lvl melee pregen if we needed someone else up front as we have 2 bard types for support. Kat is strictly second rank. If she's moving to the front, then the situation is dire indeed.

Skellan
August 24th, 2014, 23:59
I only have a cleric and bard available for this one. Am guessing the bard is the best option?

cmdisc
August 25th, 2014, 05:49
Someone new has posted a fighter build for this on the calendar. So hopefully between him and the barbarian our frontline is solid. So far it's:

Barb/4
Fighter/3
Bard/4
Cleric/4
Bard-Rogue/5

Solid APL of 4 so far.

xazil
August 25th, 2014, 06:00
Would a level one be able to hang out around or be really too dangerous?

Rose Claymore
August 25th, 2014, 06:48
I'm in, though I'm not sure who I have to play. I'm sure I have an urban ranger and pretty sure I have a bloodrager at level 4. I also have an investigator but there's a good chance I'll be playing him this weekend and don't to tie him up in a module.

xazil
August 25th, 2014, 06:51
Ah Dust Raven it easy being a 6th. I'll bow out for now as I don't have a level appropriate PFS character.

Rose Claymore
August 25th, 2014, 06:52
Oh, now that I'm thinking about it, do the new updated classes work right in FG or will I need to make some allowances? If it's at all buggy I can make sure I bring someone that won't cause mechanical issues.

hawkwind
August 25th, 2014, 07:27
Would a level one be able to hang out around or be really too dangerous?
Sorry the game is for level 3 to 5 only, you could play a level 4 pre gen

Phanatiq
August 25th, 2014, 07:54
Someone new has posted a fighter build for this on the calendar. So hopefully between him and the barbarian our frontline is solid. So far it's:

Barb/4
Fighter/3
Bard/4
Cleric/4
Bard-Rogue/5

Solid APL of 4 so far.

Hello! I'm the newly added fighter (phalanx archetype) that just applied! I will gladly be doing the front line work if no one else really want to.
I'll be posting the required files as soon as possible!

ShaneConvey
August 25th, 2014, 12:09
Hi all, yes I will be up for this one. My barbarian is in fact a ranged Urban Barbarian snap shooter but of course capable of going front line also.

Phanatiq
August 25th, 2014, 14:21
73487347Here is the XML file for Nathaniel Roach, Lvl 3 Fighter (Phalanx archetype)

Malkavian_Andi
August 25th, 2014, 14:28
we have 2 bard types for supportGalerius is actually just one level bard. His 4 levels of rogue make him more of a melee type (flanking for best results ^^)

cmdisc
August 25th, 2014, 18:31
Any questions, let me know.

Rose Claymore
August 26th, 2014, 06:13
Here's Lishnak's xml, though things like spells and bloodrager abilities I'm not very skilled at modifying. I can't find his last Chronicle sheet, but I think I know where it is (as in which box in the garage it's stuck in since we moved) so I'm sure I can dig it out by Thursday.

Skellan
August 27th, 2014, 21:48
Elston's stuff is here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zgg57n0ezy6h883/AADy3rP0heIvMcQoDYjL3mAga?dl=0

See you tomorrow :

hawkwind
August 27th, 2014, 21:57
just discovered i never saved the full module for the game last time I ran it.... all sorted now

Rose Claymore
August 27th, 2014, 23:50
My Chronicle for Lishnak is not in the box I thought I would find it in. Would it be bad form to ask the GM to issue me a replacement?

Skellan
August 28th, 2014, 00:03
is it one of mine? I have copies of all of the ones I have done

Rose Claymore
August 28th, 2014, 00:04
is it one of mine? I have copies of all of the ones I have done

It's someone local (specifically someone I live with), so no digital copy of it unfortunately.

cmdisc
August 28th, 2014, 05:59
The Society website would at least track the Scenario it is and how much Prestige was earned if it was reported. So there's that at least.

hawkwind
August 28th, 2014, 07:46
well I have to cancel tonights game sorry about the short notice, a real life matter that requires my attention so I'm re scheduling to next thursday

cmdisc
August 28th, 2014, 08:05
Understandable. It happens. Sorry to hear something crept up, but hopefully everything there is ok. Looking forward to next week.

hawkwind
August 28th, 2014, 08:12
its the "trouble and strife" on my case about something as we say in old london town

hawkwind
August 28th, 2014, 08:13
My Chronicle for Lishnak is not in the box I thought I would find it in. Would it be bad form to ask the GM to issue me a replacement?ask you have an extra week now

Skellan
August 28th, 2014, 09:57
No worries, I am pretty busy at the moment so you are doing me a favour.

See you next week

Malkavian_Andi
August 28th, 2014, 12:10
ok, thanks for the heads up. See you next week then.

Rose Claymore
August 28th, 2014, 12:48
ask you have an extra week now

There's that. I hope all is well or can be made so.

See you next week then.

cmdisc
August 28th, 2014, 13:48
ooc, what is the solution for when a Chronicle goes missing, lost, or destroyed? The scenario name and number of Prestige can easily be looked up on the site, but boons, gold, and sales/purchases are not recorded.

Edit: Found my own answer. I should search before I read here and then just post off the cuff. Basically it's either tracking down the GM or emailing your Venture-Captain.

:)

Skellan
August 29th, 2014, 20:26
Losing chronicles is a pain in the arse

Malkavian_Andi
September 3rd, 2014, 14:03
A little heads up from my side, my computer is acting a little bit weird, so I don't know if everything will be working tomorrow. I hope it will. If it doesn't, I'll try to find a way to tell you.

hawkwind
September 3rd, 2014, 20:50
OK and good luck with the computer

hawkwind
September 4th, 2014, 08:20
ok for tonight everyone?

cmdisc
September 4th, 2014, 15:42
Katerine is good to go. There are 7 people signed up on the calendar, so even with a few misses, we are good to go. Hopefully we'll get a full group as this module sounds tough.

hawkwind
September 4th, 2014, 17:39
server up

Skellan
September 4th, 2014, 18:20
I will be there

Rose Claymore
September 5th, 2014, 06:31
I'm sorry I missed it. Schedules got hairy today and didn't even realized what time it was until late into the afternoon. Maybe next time.

cmdisc
September 5th, 2014, 07:24
Things went along pretty well. I'm not sure how far along we got into things, but we made a good start and used time efficiently. I had the feeling that we were moving along a side quest of some sort. So I don't think we've touched on the heart of what's going on yet, although we have uncovered what I think are some important clues. Still a few sessions left to go though.

hawkwind
September 5th, 2014, 08:10
But did you find your Chronicle sheet?

cmdisc
September 10th, 2014, 07:50
Just checking in that we're good to go this Thurs at 1900 GMT. Katerine, Elston, Galerius, and Thohand set to go?

And will Lishnak or anyone else be joining us, Hawkwind? Perhaps a late arrival to the Pathfinder group who was delayed by a previous mission...? I see a few others on the calendar, but I don't know their status.

hawkwind
September 10th, 2014, 08:15
Yes this Thursday, Dust Raven is still welcome

cmdisc
September 10th, 2014, 08:30
If you can find or replace that Chronicle, Dust Raven, it'd be nice to have Lishnak along.

Malkavian_Andi
September 10th, 2014, 15:53
I'll be there. Looking forward to it :)

Skellan
September 11th, 2014, 00:15
I'll be there

hawkwind
September 11th, 2014, 08:10
If im slightly late its because of a PTA thing i have got to do, I am not i repeat playing Ingress!

hawkwind
September 11th, 2014, 18:33
not going to be late fingers crossed, server going up

hawkwind
September 12th, 2014, 14:37
Thanks for a great game last night and apologies for the technical difficulties

hawkwind
September 12th, 2014, 15:06
some of the reading material i promised

cmdisc
September 12th, 2014, 16:54
Good stuff. Out of curiosity, would it be advisable to pull the .zip file down after a bit so no one who hasn't played this doesn't happen across it? That's a lot of stuff we uncovered....basically the core plot of the game. :)

cmdisc
September 17th, 2014, 23:05
Just checking in for tomorrow night; 1900 UTC. :)

hawkwind
September 18th, 2014, 08:31
yep still on

hawkwind
September 18th, 2014, 18:08
server up

cmdisc
September 25th, 2014, 08:28
Ready to go tonight.

Katerine would strongly suggest that we take this enemy caster alive. Since Blindness is permanent and not instantaneous, the magic is in effect continuously....meaning it can be dispelled...or even dismissed. So if we take the caster alive and somehow persuade her to remove it....

Kat's Touch of Glory on the party's best bluffer/diplomat/intimidator is all I'm saying. ;)

Malkavian_Andi
September 25th, 2014, 11:51
During combat, diplomacy might not work. We could try to knock her out and capture her, though. Anyone good at that?

cmdisc
September 25th, 2014, 12:58
Yes, that was my intent. Subdue her first, bind her, and then let the party member with the best Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate have at her. We may not have a lot of time to spend on it, but I'd prefer to try that rather than march on blind (pun intended). :p

Skellan
September 25th, 2014, 17:24
I'd say intimidate would probably be most effective, unless we have a good carrot

hawkwind
September 25th, 2014, 18:36
sever up an updated to 3.08

cmdisc
September 26th, 2014, 15:10
Thanks for taking the time to run this. Very nice module. Creepy in some places. Mystery in others. Tough boss fight with some surprising results. :)

hawkwind
September 26th, 2014, 15:29
Glad you enjoyed it as is one of my favourite Pathfinder modules. I'll put the chronicle sheets later today

hawkwind
September 26th, 2014, 16:02
courtesy of pdfescape.com

cmdisc
September 26th, 2014, 17:37
Thanks for this. :)

Malkavian_Andi
September 26th, 2014, 22:37
Thanks. It was a really interesting module with lots of different aspects for every character to have fun.

cmdisc
September 28th, 2014, 07:27
Hawkwind, just a note:

On the PFS site where sessions are reported, I am only seeing 3 PP earned for Katerine from this Module. The Chronicle you sent me shows 4 earned. Which one is wrong?

hawkwind
September 28th, 2014, 10:01
It's a known bug on the Paizo site

cmdisc
September 28th, 2014, 15:15
I went ahead and reported a problem with the session so they can check it from their end.

cmdisc
May 5th, 2015, 08:20
Sorry to drag this up, but the 3 Prestige instead of the 4 that has persisted for Katerine on the Paizo site (even though I contacted them for assistance in resolving this minor issue) has now been replaced with "Player has already played scenario at session # 2 of event # 50606 midnight mirror FG on September 25, 2014" and I see that her Prestige has been stripped away entirely. She should be at 32; the site was showing 31 for a while, but now I see it only shows 28.

So according to the Paizo site my Sept 25, 2014 award has been stripped away for playing the scenario previously on Sept 25, 2014. That doesn't make any sense.

Anyone else having this issue?

hawkwind
May 5th, 2015, 12:31
I updated the prestige points, I suspect its a result of the new database changes they did a month or two back

cmdisc
May 5th, 2015, 14:53
Yeah, something is going wonky with it. When I click on "report a problem", the data it shows is that this is Session #3. However it's not giving me any Prestige because it is saying that I've already played this module during Session #2. I've no idea why it's saying that, but I've sent in a request to fix the problem. We'll see if they get around to it.

hawkwind
May 5th, 2015, 15:32
i could just delete every thing and report a new session #1 again, i did an audit of my sessions and have found a few not reported correctly so I'm due spend a hour of my life I won't get back doing PFS book keeping!

cmdisc
May 5th, 2015, 17:21
Yeah, not the first choice of how I'd like to spend my time. But probably not as in depth as what Trenloe and others go through prepping, running, and cleaning up from the CONs. :)