PDA

View Full Version : A journal of a the campaign.

ViralAthena
August 22nd, 2014, 05:09
My DM and I were talking, and when we started the campaign we both agreed that I could have a journal, and my character could place in the events as they happen. After reading it though, he said I should post it. so here!

This journal belongs to Anetha Fair-Sheild, Healer and cleric
in the service of Pelor, the god of light and healing.
May these
texts be blessed with his light, and give enlightenment to the
journey's, stories, lives, and adventure's that are enclosed and
they touch.

(( The book itself is blood smeared, with pages coated
in the dried liquid. The handwriting is in common, and rather neat,
even lettering as typical seen of those who have been strict
brought up under church and school education.))

A new journal, I suppose I should state a bit about myself.
I am Anetha Fair shield. I am born and raised in Klavek, to a middle class noble
family. I knew of comfort, but not wealth. Also being one
of six children. I was the second oldest, first of two daughters.

I am of 32 years of age, northern lineage with blonde hair and blue
eyes. I am a human, like most within this land. I assume as am as feminine
as the next girl, though my lifestyle has not really left me much to be
able to do or dress flattering.

I adore my siblings and loving parents, however knew the family needed an
ease of their burdens, as well as needing to set an example of honor to her
siblings. I took the honor of becoming a follower of Pelor at the meek age
of eight. Moving up from errand girl, to initiate, to steward ,and
blossoming into a cleric of the order. I have flourished in my position,
happily taking on the domain of healing. I gladly went out on crusades with
my fellow clerics, keeping them well and mended. Also going to shed the
light of Pelor, even to the shadows. My dreams are to become a lead healer
of my order.

For now though, I have my duties, to this world and to Pelor. Upon hearing the
call for people to move to Rybalka, she volunteered. Not for the Money incentive,
though I am content with that, but to assist those who moved there, to serve
as Pelors light against the shadows that seemed to plague the villagers and the
way there.

I think.. that should be about all you need to know about me now, dear reader, to give
context to these words.

https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/OTFplacidangel/Anethasiggy_zpsfbf2df11.png

First Tamoult of the first hand, in the year of the Third Karth.

In Service of Pelor we have successfully healed the ailments of the third
quarter of the city. Sadly, we could not cure their poverty, but their illness
we could. My favorite of the healed was a mother, She was young but had a lovely
child whom was still at her breast. I gave her a few silvers, to allow her to keep
her and her child fed for some time... hopefully. Pelor bless her with light and
strength to take care of her child in peace.

By the light of Pelor.

Anetha Fair-Shield

Second Midus of the first hand, In the year of Third Karth.

I have been called, accepted for the task, as my services are needed in the new colony
of Klavek. The gold incentive given by the crown is also quite lovely. It will easily
assist me once I am settled. Living a life in service of Pelor, while fulfilling,
is not in abundance of coin. And one needs mead and bread.
I am excited for this new task, May it bring glory to Pelor.
I will finish my packing and be on my way on
the morrow. Tonight is my last dinner with my family until all is well in this new
village. Deanyrs is making stew. I shall enjoy it
By the light of Pelor.

Anetha Fair-Shield.

Third Corelion of the first hand, In the year of Third Karth.
The ship draws closer to what is to be my new home. A rag time band of fellows join me on
this journey, a very pyro-centric Magus, a witty druid, a giant of a man whom is a rogue, a second
rogue whom is a elf,A well armored though quite short gnome knight, and the druids
pet a wolf whom is far to smart for his own good. To be honest, the clouds look ominous. I prey
Pelor will bring some light to this journey, and fair seas soon.

By Pelor's light

Anetha Fair-Shield.

Fourth Kyne of the first hand, In the year of Third Karth.

Today was vastly exciting,
we were forced to shore by blizzard weather. Luckily, I am blessed by Pelor to feel
his warmth at all times. There was a fight with some Kabolds, and with a bit of
intimidation, we were able to get a bit of information from those who survived
their folly.
Then, unfurled the wings of a White crow, who lead us to a stark ghost town.
The crow, who is the spirit of a woman from the destroyed village, revealed her lovely
form to us. A new path was enlightened to us. We need to find the spirit wheel, to ease
these peoples burdens. Pelor bless these souls. Give us your light to allow us to do this
divine task before us.

By Pelors light

Anetha Fair Shield.

Fourth Kyne of the first hand. in the year of Third Karth

As we went to rest to start on the quest on the morrow, the Kabolds grew bold.
They set upon us, and gave a grievous wounds to the Druid. However the gnome took quite
avid strides and destroyed them nearly single handed. It was surprising to see a gnome
fight with such force. Still, I feel that they are quite tenacious, and will
continue their interference on this journey. Though tonight I think they will leave us be.
With the night once more at peace, perhaps we can rest. After I heal what wounds I can.

Of Pelors light

Anetha Fair-Shield

Fifth Aldun of the first hand, in the year of thrid Karth

As morning light broke, once more the crows came in swarms. When we mated the Wheel with
the Calmute , the ruins went away and the people were set free. Pelor has blessed them
with peace I pray, and he blessed me with self worth, service, and the peoples generosity
of a girl. A beautiful white feather that is quite lovely. Now back to making this island
a new home. Back to the ships.

Pelors Luminesence.

Anetha Fair-Shield.

Sixth Atmora of the first hand, In the third year of Karth

We headed back to the docks. In our way was more Kabolds, with their leader, a
strange creature leading them, it took some time, but we were able to defeat the strange
creature. However, upon arrival to the docking it seems we are going to be on our own.
To fend for ourselves.. . However with the druids telling the Captain that the island
is haunted. We quickly loaded back the boat and head on for more adventures
to spread Pelors light.

Sun on my path

Anetha Fair-Shield.

Second Camrilion of the second hand, in the third year of Karth.

After two days at sea, we have reached the lake, Serpent Lake. It is a beautiful sight,
even it a bit on the frosty side. the waters seem is if time's presence was stolen from
it. Also the path in is like the land struggles to strangle the waters dominance away.
There is also ruins here, such as pillars of white that is rich in brilliance
and surrounded by glistening ice and stilled grasses. The ships rations have grown small,
we ended up killing a bear and provided these sailors more meals. Then we out drank the
crew. The halfling, the gnome, and myself won a gold piece each for the feat. Let there
be peace and success in this peaceful land.

Pray for illumination

Anetha Fair-Shield

Second Talmoult of the second hand, in the third year of Karth

We rested, but only to find one of all our articals has been stolen. We took to the
tomb that the thieves escaped to. We nearly ended painfully on broken stairs, fell into
a deep spike trap, then after fighting against the darn thieves (who ended up being
goblins) we were poisoned as the escaped. We awoke after a battle with goblins.
Our wounds mended, we feel rejuvenated, exhilarated. We also found a man, passed out and
covered in clothe. He ended up being a War lock, though a very roguish one, whom has an
affection for mischief and anything golden. we traverse forth though this godforsaken
tomb. We must traverse forth, find what is ours and then cleanse this temple of it's evil.

Pelor light my path!

Anetha Fair-Shield

Third Minus of the second hand (I think) in the third year of Karth.
The man seems to be a mage, though more battle ready. We had a battle because of a
sword awoke skeletons. It was rather interesting seeing this battle, and I think it went rather well. And we were
able to save a halfling, while I am grateful for the addition to the party, I am starting
g to feel overwhelmed by the amount of smaller people... also being quite
outnumbered by men... but oh well, have rested most well.I know I look forward to the path a head,
Pelor as my guide there is naught but light within and darkness fleeing in fright.

Suns grace

Anetha Fair-Shield.

Third Corlion of the second hand on the third year of Karth.
I.. am beyond words.
I had met my fate. The cold was almost impossible to describe, the lack of light, of hope.
True despair, fear, hopelessness, loneliness... this is all beyond the pain.
Then, came numbness, everything turned into.. not black but just gone... then, warmth, safe.
The pain then came back in a massive rush, the cold, the fear, the light.. gods the light.
To which I found a sword in my hands, though a massive cut across me, a visual reminder
that I was not saved, but brought back by the light. The sun symbols on the sword only
bring me once more to Pelor. Obviously he has bigger plans for me, more that i must do.

I think it is the shock of it. But I am unsure, grateful, but unsure. I can only hope to
be worthy of this gift.
Pelor use me as you will.

Anetha Fair-Shield.

(( more pages to come ))

Donivan2009
May 19th, 2016, 13:33
Excellent journal keeping! I have been thinking about keeping a journal or log of some kind during my adventures too. If not for a way for all of my game mates to refresh their memories, but also just for my own enjoyment. I enjoyed reading about your adventure so far. I look forward to reading more!