PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Export my Adventure as a mod

noelyuk
August 20th, 2014, 17:49
Hi All

Another day brings with it another obstacle in my quest to make my own adventure module for FG. Ok so i've spent days inputting all the story, location, map and image data into my campaign data. But when I attempt to export it I get the following errror:

Script Error: [string "classes/utilities/export.lua"]:157: export: Invalid parameters.

I've no idea what this means. Help someone please!!!

Noely

Zeus
August 20th, 2014, 17:53
Which ruleset Noely?

noelyuk
August 20th, 2014, 18:11
Hi Zeus

It's the WFRP3 ruleset.

Trenloe
August 20th, 2014, 18:25
This is an issue with the WFRP3 ruleset being configured with 3.0 compatibility but the module export command is not using FG 3.0 parameters.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/Module.xcp#export

The WFRP3 ruleset is sending the thumbnail as the final parameter, but the above linked documentation shows that this is not required in FG 3.0 - and this is what is causing the error.

If you want to try to fix this yourself, edit line 157 of classes/utilities/export.lua in the WFRP3 ruleset to be:

if not Module.export(moduleproperties.name, moduleproperties.file, moduleproperties.author, hostnodes, commonnodes, clientnodes, tokenlist) then
Basically, remove the moduleproperties.thumbnail from this line.

noelyuk
August 20th, 2014, 18:53
Hey Trenloe

I'm afraid that's a little out of my league. Are we talking about altering the HTML files? I know neither how I would remove the modulepropertis.thumbnail nor which software I'd need to edit such a file once found. Excuse my ignorance :o

Noely

Trenloe
August 20th, 2014, 19:25
This is really going to need a fix from the WFRP3 ruleset developer as looking at it more it really needs updating to the FG 3.0 module format.

In the meantime, try this ruleset as a very quick fix - I've had to tell it to use older 2.9 FG code for the whole ruleset and I don't know if this will cause an issue with other functionality. Perhaps backup your current wfrp3.pak file, replace with this one, do your export, then replace the original wfrp3.pak when you run your game. i.e. just use this "hotfix" for exporting your modules.

Download hotfix here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Fantasy%20Grounds/WFRP%20v3.pak

noelyuk
August 21st, 2014, 02:46
Ok. Thanks. I've messaged Neil foster so will wait and see

noelyuk
August 21st, 2014, 16:44
I guess Neil's got a lot on his plate, so still waiting. But in the meantime Trenloe I tried the trick you suggested and it worked and allowed me to export the mod so thanks for your help with this.

Noely