PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Campaign, Monday Evenings GMT, GM Ultimate License Holder

Von Stalhein
August 18th, 2014, 16:52
Hi all,

I'm looking to set up an Eberron game on Monday evenings (UK time). 8-11pm London time, or something like that. So far I have one player and am looking for a group of ~4.

I'm an experienced GM (online and tabletop regularly for 8 years) and have used Eberron a lot. My take on the setting for this campaign is a little darker than average, with a bit more grit and a Lovecraftian edge. My intention is to use Castles & Crusades to keep it a little old-school and fast-moving. I do not require from players any prior experience of Eberron or C&C. New players welcome, as well as old hands.

Post here with questions if you have them, or if you want to play. You're also welcome to PM me.

I am an Ultimate FG2 license holder. So you do not need to spend any money to be a player.

All the best,

VS/Alex

EDIT: The campaign is currently full. If you're simply desperate for a space, drop me a PM and I'll put your name on The List.

Old Man Trouble
August 18th, 2014, 22:39
I've always liked the Eberron world, even though I've never really had a chance to play in it. (Save for that D&D Online thing) Unfortunately, I would only be able to attend if it was starting significantly later in the day. Just in case that magic happens somewhere along the way, I thought I'd drop by name.

Also I wish you well in the endeavor! All the best.

damned
August 18th, 2014, 22:48
Sounds awesome. Ive not played Eberron but have read several source books and I love the castles&crusades system.
Good luck with your campaign.

Von Stalhein
August 20th, 2014, 00:58
@damned: thanks!

@Old Man Trouble: the latest start I could do realistically is 11pm UK (6pm East Coast).

Hoping that there will be some GMT-suitable players out there! Come out of the woodwork!

Mgrancey
August 20th, 2014, 01:48
Curse you! I really love the Eberron setting but can never get to play it.

Dr_Babylon
August 20th, 2014, 02:58
Amen, brother. Eberron would be wicked fun but, sadly, I too cannot meet such a schedule. Do not lose faith, Von Stalhein. If you build it they will come.

(Clearly Mgrancey and I need to find us a nice proxy GM to run one of these things on our time...)

GerraldTarrant
August 20th, 2014, 12:27
IF one where to translate your time from UK to PST when would that be?

damned
August 20th, 2014, 13:51
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Eberron+Monday&iso=20140825T20&p1=136&ah=3

Mask_of_winter
August 20th, 2014, 14:20
I love the Eberron setting, however time doesn't suit me. I myself am considering using the fan made Savage Worlds conversion to run it.
So I wish good luck to you!

Von Stalhein
August 20th, 2014, 15:02
Well given the quantity of interest but the problems with scheduling, I'm willing to look at alternative times that are more US-friendly.

I tend to stay up very late anyway, so I could in principle do a very late-evening game. For example, I could do midnight to 3am UK time. This would be 7pm-10pm East Coast time. If it really made a big difference to a lot of people, I could even stretch to 4am UK/11pm East Coast.

Another alternative is to run late Sunday evenings, placing the game during the late afternoon in the US. I would be free from about 9pm or 10pm onwards (4pm/5pm East Coast).

Finally, if there are UK-time-friendly players out there still (there must be some of you, surely?) let me know!

Cheers,

VS

Old Man Trouble
August 20th, 2014, 15:12
Anytime 5-10 est (10-3am uk time?) would be my ideal window. I can't stay up past that on Mondays, however. Prior to that I'm in the office.

damned
August 20th, 2014, 15:44
Well given the quantity of interest but the problems with scheduling...

Von Stalhein - your post is less than 48hrs old! Do not despair so quickly :)
You can also post over on the Steam Forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/0/
But I would try for at least a week to see how you go for numbers :)

scytale2
August 20th, 2014, 19:09
I am at GMT+2 (currently), so could work around that.

GerraldTarrant
August 20th, 2014, 21:24
Anytime from 3 pm pst to whenever on mondays is doable with me

Dr_Babylon
August 20th, 2014, 23:08
I concur. You need not budge too much on your comfortable gaming times. Stressing your own schedule is certain to cause strife down the road. Better to give it a little extra time and attract players who will complement your own availability in order to start on stable footing.

Von Stalhein
August 24th, 2014, 18:32
Well, as suggested, I'll be holding on to see if there are GMT players around(!). Do drop me a line if you're interested.

Von Stalhein
August 28th, 2014, 00:58
Just to say that this campaign is now full. I will re-post in the event of spaces becoming available.

damned
August 28th, 2014, 02:02
Just to say that this campaign is now full. I will re-post in the event of spaces becoming available.

Great news! post some updates on the campaign when you get time.